[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun Alexander & 2000 yards rushing?

muck

Early word says he gets 2 series, then red zone carries until he gets a score.

1238599[/snapback]

Two series could get him 80-100 yards if they use him a lot and/or he breaks a long run or two...

So, if he's 100 or so yards away from breaking 2,000 after his two series, do you think he'll get to stay in to cross the mark? If I were him, I'd want to stay in ... because crossing 2,000 yards in a season is something that will only happen once in a career.

I could care less, from a fantasy perspective, whether Alexander craps his pants or gets 400 yards and 8 TDs ...

I just find it a bit interesting that he has the potential for adding a Canton-esqe stat to his career resume and he'll be playing part-time.

I could care less, from a fantasy perspective, whether Alexander craps his pants or gets 400 yards and 8 TDs ...

I just find it a bit interesting that he has the potential for adding a Canton-esqe stat to his career resume and he'll be playing part-time.

1238897[/snapback]

I hear you but if I'm Holmgren no way I give him the 25-30 carries he would probably need to get those yards. Took Julius 34 carries.

If I'm a Seahags fan and Alexander has 28 carries this weekend, I'm leaving a bear trap on Holmgren's front porch Monday morning.

1238897[/snapback]

When they had their child he showed up at gametime and played well. We'll see if he can do it again.

If I'm a Seahags fan and Alexander has 28 carries this weekend, I'm leaving a bear trap on Holmgren's front porch Monday morning.

1238913[/snapback]

:D

Well put; it'd be nice to see a player hit that milestone, but unless he runs for 190 yds on the first drive, it ain't gonna happen. He might sneak back in for a goalline carry for the record if it's still the first half, but that's about all I can see happening.

1238897[/snapback]

OJ and Sanders would've been in the HoF with or without 2000 yds; and TD is probably never gonna make it even with the big season.

While it's a heck of an accomplishment, I don't necessarily feel that it makes or breaks a Hall of Fame candidacy (yes, I didn't mention Dickerson - I think he may be the exception to that rule); guys like Earl Campbell, Jim Brown, and Walter Payton are all in without 2000 yd seasons, and are all rightly regarded as among the best ever at RB.

Two series could get him 80-100 yards if they use him a lot and/or he breaks a long run or two...

So, if he's 100 or so yards away from breaking 2,000 after his two series, do you think he'll get to stay in to cross the mark?  If I were him, I'd want to stay in ... because crossing 2,000 yards in a season is something that will only happen once in a career.

1238687[/snapback]

Nope. He will be in a series or 2 in an effort to get that one last TD for the record, but he won't play at all after the first half. Holmgren is simply not going to chance the injury. Don't get your hopes up for that 2K.

Not to mention I bet GB plays him tough.

He's also shooting for that 1 more record breaking TD.

1238611[/snapback]

I don't think "GB playing him tough" will be a problem. Remember, this is the same team that layed down so that Strahan could get the sack record. Ok, well, it was Favre who layed down, but you get the picture....

Doesn't he need one TD to tie and then one to break the record? So, he needs 2 TDs...? I might have that wrong.

1239352[/snapback]

never mind. forgot about the one receiving TD.

never mind. forgot about the one receiving TD.

1239377[/snapback]

Actually Msaint, you are correct that there are reasons for SA to shoot for that second TD.

With 1 Touchdown Shaun would break the NFL record for most overall TDs in a season, which would put him at 100 for his career.

With 2 Touchdowns, Alexander would break Priest Holmes' record for most rushing touchdowns in a season (27), plus he would become the Seahawk's all-time TD leader, breaking Steve Largent's record of 101 TDs scored from 1976 through 1989.