[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NE in the playoffs

pedroz13

Anyone else want to see them get pounded in the first round? I guess its impressive what they have done this year without the coordinators and with all the injuries. And Brady has been very solid all year (probably top 5 in MVP votes). BUT....they had the luxury of being in the same division as Miami, BUFF and the Jets. Weak to say the least. Indy and SD pounded them earlier in the season. I would like to see them lose personally.

please dont take this as a pats fan making excuses...but merely providing some insight

like ive said on the board before...if dillon doesnt fumble the ball at the colts 17 with 2 minutes left....the patriots more than likely go into the half down 14-10 or 14-14...instead of 21-7....

asante samuel also dropped what should have been an easy pick in the colts opening possession of the 2nd half.....

i still think the colts would have won that game...and they might have still done so rather easily....but the patriots could have also easily made that a much tougher game

as far as san diego...yeah they kicked the crap outta us at home...but i suggest you go watch the tape of the pats game the week before in pittsburgh....the game they lost matt light and rodney....the game where the defensive line was the most dominant ive see them in a long time(against 3 pro bowlers)....they played their asses off and seymour, warren, and jarvis green all came out of that game knicked up......they were spent going into that san diego game, and generated absolutely no heat on brees......this was also the first game without rodney and the patriots were trying to protect the dbs with soft coverage and help from the linebackers.....the patriots are getting much more aggressive now

Anyone else want to see them get pounded in the first round?  I guess its impressive what they have done this year without the coordinators and with all the injuries.  And Brady has been very solid all year (probably top 5 in MVP votes).  BUT....they had the luxury of being in the same division as Miami, BUFF and the Jets.  Weak to say the least. Indy and SD pounded them earlier in the season.  I would like to see them lose personally.

1238401[/snapback]

Won't happen in the first round.

The Champs will put up a great fight and will not go down easily. I don't see them getting blown out in the play-offs.

Anyone else want to see them get pounded in the first round?  I guess its impressive what they have done this year without the coordinators and with all the injuries.  And Brady has been very solid all year (probably top 5 in MVP votes).  BUT....they had the luxury of being in the same division as Miami, BUFF and the Jets.  Weak to say the least. Indy and SD pounded them earlier in the season.  I would like to see them lose personally.

1238401[/snapback]

:D

I'm sure anyone that isn;t a Pats fan wants to see them get eliminated early, because the earlier they get eliminated the better the chace for whatever other team you are rooting for to make it to the lombardi trophy.

All I can say is that the AFC will be a real dogfight this year. There doesn;t look to be a weak team in the playoffs there.

The NFC should sport a good conference championship game, but I don't see anyone posing a real threat to Sea or Chi's chances of making it there. Maybe the Giants will make some noise, and maybe the skins, but those teams haven't shown the type of consistency needed to really make the leap.

stop hating! just because the vikes got knocked out..

MIA Homer  :D

1238656[/snapback]

Give it a couple of years when NE is on the backside of their glory years and Saban is whooping up on Belichick like a skinny Japanese guy with a huge plate of hotdogs. :D

I personally think the Pats have as good a chance as Indy or Denver to take the AFC.

It is pretty sad when the 8th seed in the AFC will probably be better than the number 1 seed in the NFC.

1238665[/snapback]

The 8th seed you speak of being....? :D

All I can say is that the AFC will be a real dogfight this year.  There doesn;t look to be a weak team in the playoffs there.

1238596[/snapback]

Yep.

The NFC should sport a good conference championship game, but I don't see anyone posing a real threat to Sea or Chi's chances of making it there.  Maybe the Giants will make some noise, and maybe the skins, but those teams haven't shown the type of consistency needed to really make the leap.

I don't see the Bears making it there. They have difficulty scoring against moderatly-good defenses. I like SEA vs. WAS in the title game. Should be a good one.

1239012[/snapback]

I almost typed the same thing earlier. I think he meant the 8th best team in the AFC, someone the likes of San Diego or Kansas City, could win the NFC. He's probably right.

1239012[/snapback]

Whatever team ends up the 8th seed. You name the contenders and you will find a team that is better than the Seahawks or Bears.

Not dissing either of those teams by the way. their fans should be proud of a fine season. but the NFC is so much weaker than the AFC it is rediculous(been that way for quite a few years now).

Yep.

I don't see the Bears making it there.  They have difficulty scoring against moderatly-good defenses.  I like SEA vs. WAS in the title game.  Should be a good one.

1239013[/snapback]

If Washington slides in I think they can win the NFC too. The NFC playoffs should be entertaining as all the teams are fairly equal.

Whatever team ends up the 8th seed. You name the contenders and you will find a team that is better than the Seahawks or Bears.

Not dissing either of those teams by the way. their fans should be proud of a fine season. but the NFC is so much weaker than the AFC it is rediculous(been that way for quite a few years now).

1239230[/snapback]

His point was there is no "eighth" seed. Only six teams from each conference make the play-offs.

1238401[/snapback]

Yes, would love to see it... especially if it is the Steelers that take them out!!! :D