[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

nect years top 5 wr

biggamer3

next years first wr taken?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. next years first wr taken?

• 1 steve smith
    • 2 torry holt
    • 3 chad johnson
    • 4 larry fitzgerald
    • 5 owens
    • 6 santana moss
    • 7 randy moss
    • 8 boldin

1) CJ - I think he's completely established he's #1 for the long-term.

2) TO - Awesome talent... Awful ego. If talent wins out, he's #2.

3) Boldin - does not get the respect he deserves... what a year!

4) T Holt - with a healthy Bulger

5) S Smith - Great year, but can't keep being the only Delhomme target.

Fitz - toss-up with S Smith for #5

Randy - needs a QB

Santana - needs a consistent QB

Kind of weird not seeing Marvin, Hines, Plax, or Horn.... but times are changing.

Junkyard

In the NFL, Marvin is a Top 5 WR... hands down.

From FF perspective, in the Colts high-powered, multi-faceted offense, he is not a Top 5 WR. There are simply too many weapons there, and for every 140 yard, 2 TD performance, there may be three or four 70 yard games with a few receptions and no TDs. Good production, but not Top 5 or Top 8 production.

My two cents.

Junkyard

In the NFL, Marvin is a Top 5 WR... hands down.

From FF perspective, in the Colts high-powered, multi-faceted offense, he is not a Top 5 WR. There are simply too many weapons there, and for every 140 yard, 2 TD performance, there may be three or four 70 yard games with a few receptions and no TDs. Good production, but not Top 5 or Top 8 production.

My two cents.

Junkyard

1238508[/snapback]

Uhh, in my league this year he was the #2 WR.

2004 he was the #3 WR.

2003 he was the #4 WR.

Somebody hasn't been doing their homework.

ALL WR's have those 70 yard games with no TD's. That's why they are not as valuable as RB's. Chad Johnson has those games. Actually he had four this year.

Steve Smith had 5.

Fitzgerald had 4.

Harrison had 4, and DNP in 1 game.

Holt had one, but DNP in 2 games.

Boldin had 2, but DNP in 2 games.

Uhh, in my league this year he was the #2 WR.

2004 he was the #3 WR.

2003 he was the #4 WR.

Somebody hasn't been doing their homework.

1238531[/snapback]

I just checked 4 of my leagues and #7 was his highest ranking.

I agree Harrison is not a top 5 and will not be anytime agian, unless Wayne goes.

I agree Harrison is not a top 5 and will not be anytime agian, unless Wayne goes.

1238544[/snapback]

2005:

BOTH 4983 League: .1 points per yard, no pts. per reception, 3 pt. bonus for 100 yards, he was sixth.

BOTH 32 More Homers League: .1 points per yard, no pts. per reception, he was fifth.

Late Bloomers League: .1 points per yard, no pts. per reception, but was a league that did not start until week 3, he was second.

Local: 1 pt. per 20 yards, bonus 1 pt. for each 40 yards on receiving TD, he was second.

Edited by CaptainHook

If for some reason I can have any WR I want next year, it'll be Chad Johnson.  I don't even have to think about it.

1238559[/snapback]

I think Torry Holt is the most consistent WR performer in the NFL. If he's got a decent quarterback (Bulger or Martin), he's good for 100 yards and a TD guaranteed.

Even with Fitzpatrick, he was decent.

IMO he's the best fantasy WR every year.

Hook -

Marvin may very well be ranked higher based on your points... In that case, you should be all over him for your top 5.

But take away bonus points, reception points, etc... pure vanilla scoring, he was in a virtual dead heat in my league for #6 WR with Chambers and Galloway (with Boldin 3 points behind and two less games played).

Factor in Moss and TO in the Top 8 in better situations and the primary go-to guys, and that puts Marvin right at the cusp.

I still would love to have him on the Giants!

Junkyard

1238544[/snapback]

I hope everyone in my league shares that thought. I'd love to get Marvin in the 3rd or 4th round.

Please spread that opinion around. Tell everyone he's over the hill.

2005:

BOTH 4983 League:  .1 points per yard, no pts. per reception, 3 pt. bonus for 100 yards, he was sixth.

BOTH 32 More Homers League:  .1 points per yard, no pts. per reception, he was fifth.

Late Bloomers League:  .1 points per yard, no pts. per reception, but was a league that did not start until week 3, he was second.

Local:  1 pt. per 20 yards, bonus 1 pt. for each 40 yards on receiving TD, he was second.

1238553[/snapback]

Hook, you and Menudo have a blood transfusion or something?

Hook -

Marvin may very well be ranked higher based on your points... In that case, you should be all over him for your top 5.

But take away bonus points, reception points, etc... pure vanilla scoring, he was in a virtual dead heat in my league for #6 WR with Chambers and Galloway (with Boldin 3 points behind and two less games played).

Factor in Moss and TO in the Top 8 in better situations and the primary go-to guys, and that puts Marvin right at the cusp.

I still would love to have him on the Giants!

Junkyard

1238571[/snapback]

Yeah, but you have to take in consideration he didn't play vs. the Seahawks. If the Colts hadn't had homefield wrapped up he would have played. Vanilla scoring he was fifth and sixth in my leagues, as I posted above. PLUS, Wayne is a free agent. He's not guaranteed to be back. Marvin is a proven, consistent WR that rarely gets hurt. While I agree that putting Chad Johnson and Torry Holt ahead of him is absolutely correct, there is no way I'd put TO, Moss, Boldin, Fitz, or Steve Smith ahead of him. Why does anyone think Moss will rebound? TO is a nutcase. Will Warner be back in Arizona? If Arizona gets a running game, how does that impact how much they throw? Too many questions. I'll take the consistent performer please.

Edited by CaptainHook

Yeah, but you have to take in consideration he didn't play vs. the Seahawks.  If the Colts hadn't had homefield wrapped up he would have played.  Vanilla scoring he was fifth and sixth in my leagues, as I posted above.  PLUS, Wayne is a free agent.  He's not guaranteed to be back.  Marvin is a proven, consistent WR that rarely gets hurt.  While I agree that putting Chad Johnson and Torry Holt ahead of him is absolutely correct, there is no way I'd put TO, Moss, Boldin, Fitz, or Steve Smith ahead of him.  Why does anyone think Moss will rebound?  TO is a nutcase.  Will Warner be back in Arizona?  If Arizona gets a running game, how does that impact how much they throw?  Too many questions.  I'll take the consistent performer please.

1238588[/snapback]

And after considering your questions and looking at the big picture... It just makes me even happier that my keeper decisions are not due until 6/1/06. Maybe I'll have some better news about Javon Walker by then.

Now I must return to work before the Internet police catch me.

Good day, gentlemen.

Junkyard