[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forget about top 5 RBs & WRs

keggerz

Who are the VALUE Picks that will "CARRY" a team

I got Steve Smith at 4.2(50th overall) 16 Team IDP Dynasty League

debated over him/horn or djax

I also got Steve Smith at 5.11(59th overall) 12 Team IDP Redraft

Thomas Jones went at 10.11(119th overall) 12 Team IDP Redraft

TJ also went @ 9.14(142nd overall) 16 Team IDP Dynasty League

Mike Anderson is another example he went @ 15.14(238th overall) 16 Team IDP Dynasty League

Mike Anderson was also a FA aquisition in the 12 Team IDP Redraft

so who are these players next yr?

Edited by keggerz

I have the same feeling every year....but I'll give it one more shot.

Donte Stallworth. I like the Andre Johnson call as well. E. Moulds comes to mind depending on where he lands. I don't think any of these guys are anywhere near the potential of what S. Smith did this year, but I like the value in them. Whats up with Carolina? Last year Muhsin went ballistic and this year S. Smith. Its like they only target one player and no one can stop that guy. Why mess with a good thing I guess.

In a first year dynasty league I managed to snag these players:

Palmer

Brees

Bell

Parker

Ricky Williams

SSmith

Boldin

Galloway

Housh

Roy Williams

Rackers

Offset those with

Arrington

Benson

Fred Taylor

Lelie

Palmer + SSmith + Boldin + Galloway + Housh carried me to the championship, despite finishing the regular season 7-7 (still managed to win my division).

It's way too early to say who the diamonds in the rough will be next year.

Guest caucasian

Don't really know how SSmith is considered a high value pick???

He was taken in the 2nd round in my league, along with Thomas Jones!

But, for next season... TJ Houshmandzadeh, Ashley Lelie, Donte Stallworth & Eddie Kennison (as he is every year)

Don't really know how SSmith is considered a high value pick???

He was taken in the 2nd round in my league, along with Thomas Jones!

But, for next season... TJ Houshmandzadeh, Ashley Lelie, Donte Stallworth & Eddie Kennison (as he is every year)

1250138[/snapback]

i sure dont know what kind of league you are in but my draft numbers are from VERY SOLID Huddle Leagues...and I am sure they are pretty close in general to overall draft position at MFL or Antsports...now one of the drafts was held in May(or was it june)...but SSmith was a WR that was projected to be top 10-20 WR by most...as for going in the 2nd round that is a JOKE....but he did go after the likes of RMoss/Harrison/CJ/Holt/Horn/DJax/Burlesson/Walker/AJ etc...and he performed as a top 3 wr(#1 actually) and was very darn consistent for a WR too(he had like what 3 bad games?)

and yeah TJ Donte Lelie(sorry never believed the hype) and Kennison will mostly come at value picks but I do think TJ could be projected in the Burlesson Production light of this yr and thus kill any value you think you could get from him

What Smith did was extremely rare. Normally, "surprise WRs" end up finishing in the 5-12 range. For Smith to come out of nowhere and end up being the #1 fantasy WR is amazing.

The only guy I could see doing the same thing would be Andre Johnson. He's certainly got the talent to put up huge numbers; it'll just depend on whether their new coach makes a commitment to get him the ball often. :D Either way, I don't see Smith repeating as the #1 receiver. My prediction: Harrison will have an enormous year with Reggie Wayne gone, RANDY Moss will bounce back with 1350 & 13, Boldin will be next with 1400 and 10, and CJ will come 4th with 1550 and 8.

As for RBs, I'll try to follow your guidlines and pick someone who figures to be a 5th- or 6th-round pick (like TJ was)...

I'll go with Cedric Houston. And, NO, I'm not just saying that because I own him in GMX and DW2 -- I think his situation in 2006 will be similar to TJ's this year. Martin will be coming back in a "reduced" role, so people will be afraid of drafting Houston because of the RBBC (just like Jones). Houston will know, however, that he has only 1 year to prove he's the Jets RB of the future, so he'll run his ass off all year long and earn a contract extension.

What Smith did was extremely rare. Normally, "surprise WRs" end up finishing in the 5-12 range. For Smith to come out of nowhere and end up being the #1 fantasy WR is amazing.

The only guy I could see doing the same thing would be Andre Johnson. He's certainly got the talent to put up huge numbers; it'll just depend on whether their new coach makes a commitment to get him the ball often. :D Either way, I don't see Smith repeating as the #1 receiver. My prediction: Harrison will have an enormous year with Reggie Wayne gone, RANDY Moss will bounce back with 1350 & 13, Boldin will be next with 1400 and 10, and CJ will come 4th with 1550 and 8.

1250691[/snapback]

Andre Johnson is a possiblilty. Chris Chambers could be a possibility, he definitely has the talent, now he may have the system. He's not exactly off the radar, but he'll probably be in the same boat as Smith was considered this year. I know I was stuck deciding between Smith or Djax at one pick in my draft, unfortunately I went with Djax... Smith went the next pick, such is life :D

It depends on the QB situation (aka Favre returning), but Javon Walker could pull a "Steve Smith".

He is obviously talented enough to put up top 5 numbers (2004). He is coming off a season ending injury in the first game (sound familiar?) and so some people may forget about him long enough in the draft to make him a "value" pick.

Edited by gus

1250691[/snapback]

I agree alot with what you say...but I think its CJ that has the monster yr next yr to claim the #1 WR title...Randy will rebound I agree with that...as for Boldin its gonna be a toss up with him and Fitz but as an owner I would take either....Harrison is getting OLD :D:D

As for RBs, I'll try to follow your guidlines and pick someone who figures to be a 5th- or 6th-round pick (like TJ was)...

I'll go with Cedric Houston. And, NO, I'm not just saying that because I own him in GMX and DW2 -- I think his situation in 2006 will be similar to TJ's this year. Martin will be coming back in a "reduced" role, so people will be afraid of drafting Houston because of the RBBC (just like Jones). Houston will know, however, that he has only 1 year to prove he's the Jets RB of the future, so he'll run his ass off all year long and earn a contract extension.

1250702[/snapback]

I agree about Houston I have him stashed as a possible keeper in botnh or atleast trade material...

I know I was stuck deciding between Smith or Djax at one pick in my draft, unfortunately I went with Djax... Smith went the next pick, such is life :D

1250718[/snapback]

I had that same decision to make but add HORN into the mix...luckily I drafted SMITH....now next yr if Smith can just stay Top 5 and Roy WIlliams gets a QB that can get him the ball in DET ....well then GMX will be a very fun league again...that is as long as Jordan gets the same sorta love next yr he had this yr...