[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tice to be fired on Monday

Outshined

Edit: I should not have said fired - His contract will not be renewed. It expires soon.

Sid is usually pretty reliable and would not print anything unless it was true..

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/155902.html

Tice and Mason both might be gone

Now there is some question whether Glen Mason will be back with the Gophers. And according to people close to the Vikings operation, Tice is likely to be dismissed Monday when the coach and owner Zygi Wilf meet to talk about the season.

Yes, I said early this week that the odds were Tice would return. But it's apparent Wilf and his partners sense that the public wants a change. Tice deserves another chance to see what he can do under different ownership, after working three years under Red McCombs.

I hope Tice, who is not under contract for next season, can talk Wilf into giving him another chance. But that is not going to happen.

When people close to the ownership tell you that it is no better than 50-50 that Tice will be back, you see the writing on the wall.

I still believe it will be a mistake for the Wilf family to bring in a new coaching staff. However, members of the ownership group believe the public wants a new coach.

Also, the word is that ownership is convinced season ticket sales will slide if a coaching change is not made.

More proof that Tice is gone is the fact that none of the Vikings owners has had any contact with Jimmy Sexton, Tice's agent, to talk about a new contract.

Edited by Outshined

Not only is Sid usually reliable, he usually has the coach's back and would rather print positive news about them. Fanball said the team would announce on Monday. Sid is probably on it.

Mason moving on would be more surprising.

Edited by MikesVikes

I just watched Pro Football Weekly's syndicated show. They insist that Tice, Capers, Martz and Turner are definitely gone.

I thought Mason was doing a solid job at Minnesota. Is he really in trouble? :D

Just some rumors and speculation from some guy on the ESPN boards that say he has contacts. He admits they are just rumors at this point though. I'll just paste them here:

My source at the Spotrting News and Jaguars headquarters are both saying Tice and the entire coaching and scouting staff are gone as of Monday. Rob B. will be rehired to a lucrative 5 year contract and given the GM duties. It will be up to him to hire the coach as well as his assistant which Wilf insists he has. Possible coaching replacements still include and in this order:

Jimmy Johnson

Tim Lewis

Jack Delrio

Jim Fassel

Greg Williams

Scott Linehan

Some are saying Fassel already has the job but according to these sources this is not true.

Remember all rumors and just hush hush talk but it sounds true.

-------------------------

Hey guys:

I just actually got off the phone with son who has a contact thru Erasmus James. Tice has pretty much told the team he does not expect be back or any of the coaches. Also the Jimmie Johnson I refered to is the former Cowboys coach and supposedly he has already talked to Norv Turner about coming with him. Defensive Cordinator could be Mike Singletary who Jimmie is high on. As far as Delrio it was rumored he really wanted to go back to Baltimore but with Billick staying his next choice was Minnesota. He would basically bring his whole staff to Minnesota. Again I have heard and read so much since last night when things started hooping about Tice that I amnot sure either what is happening except that YES TICE IS GONE!!!!! I personally want a complete clean house. Remember how many of these guys still coaching especially position coaches were brought here by Green and kept by Tice. We need a clean breath of fresh air.

---------------------------------

Hey Guys i am just throwing every tidbit of news I am getting out there for you guys. I feel fortunate to have a couple of contacts right now who are privy to these talks and rumors and news. However, as I always state they are rumors and gossip being floated about. However, when 2 sources who do not know each other both say Tice is gone as well as his whole staff I tend to believe they know something we don't. Also the JJ talk is from my Sporting News source who of course would have have access to the whole NFL scene. However, he has also been the most unreliable as he sometimes jumps the gun. If I were a betting man I would say get ready for Fassel ball which I would hate. Just my 2 cents worth.

---------------------------------------

Now their is a report floating out there that Tice may resign on Sunday immediately following the game rather than face the meeting on Monday with Wilf and his partners. Also yes there is speculation that the Lions, Raiders may look at him as a head coach. Supposedly has open invitation to coach with Billick or Green whenever he wants. However a new rumor popping up is he may go to the Packers to be an Asst. Head Coach and Offensive Line Coach with Sherman or Bates. Wow there is so much stuff being talked about the Vikes behind the scenes I can't wait for the off season especially with my new contacts. I only had the Sporting News guy before but now Jaguars offices, Packers offices, my son who has a direct contact who knows James, and my most recent is my nephew by marriage may be hired as an assistant public relations person for the Bears.

-------------------------------------

Probably all just a bunch of crap, but interesting to speculate none-the-less. I hope Zygi gets someone high profile with lots of experience. I don't want another coach who has to learn on the job. Fassel though does not inspire me one bit.

What ever happens...any article/report/rumor that has Jimmy Johnson coaching the Vikings or any other team, is the stupidest, most asinine report out there and needs to be dismissed as such. Anybody who believes that is going to happen really needs to swallow a whole bottle of reality pills and get a clue.

What ever happens...any article/report/rumor that has Jimmy Johnson coaching the Vikings or any other team, is the stupidest, most asinine report out there and needs to be dismissed as such. Anybody who believes that is going to happen really needs to swallow a whole bottle of reality pills and get a clue.

1243331[/snapback]

Just think of the possibilities though. He could pull Emmitt out of retirement and solve the Vikings problem at RB. :D

I just watched Pro Football Weekly's syndicated show.  They insist that Tice, Capers, Martz and Turner are definitely gone.

I thought Mason was doing a solid job at Minnesota.  Is he really in trouble?  :D

1243309[/snapback]

Mason just got a 5 year deal. His contract was through 06', but the schoold did not want recruiting issues next year.