[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers @ NYG

LooGie

I'm a hardcore CAR fan, but I'm (usually) able to push it aside and actually analyze my team without my CAR cap on.

Everyone talks about how inconsistant they are...i say bull. I think they're very consistant. They underachieve like crazy and can be beaten on any day, and they're consistant about it. The only time they win, or look like they should, is when the players have their game changing moments.

CAR has so much talent on the team it's truly is ridiculous. It's when they shine as individiuals when people say "wow, why can't they play like this all the time?" I believe it's because of coaching. Not Fox, but the coordinators. I just feel like they're not in the position to make plays as much as they should and only due to their sheer athleticism and dynamics are when they actually make those plays.

The play calling or coaching, or something should put these players in a position to make plays based on fundamentals, not just on ability. When that happens, if they're having an "off-day" at least they'll still keep it close and pull through.

Another reason they can only win some of the time and lose to teams they simply should not lose to, is because of the terrible running game.

the coaching staff is dedicated to Foster, and I just don't see why. He's a terrible terrible running back. He's only ran on ATL this whole season. That includes BUF and NO. They'll put Goings in, he'll rush for 7 yards, and then he'll sit for the rest of the game, while 'weak knee' foster gets 2 in a row for a loss. It's just stupid.

So, if you got no running game, you're a 1 dimensional team w/ passing as your only weapon. Fine, some teams can do it...not a playoff contender though. Not only that, they only have 1 WR...so that makes them 20% of a 1 dimensional team. With Delhomme only looking for Smith, INT's go up. It's only due to Smiths sheer athleticism and ability that he can still make plays while being double and tripple covered. Again, play calling and coaching are just relying on ability and not fundamentals.

It really scares me. NYG are a darn good team, especially at home, and with such a crappy RB and their run D, I dont see good things. CAR needs a difference maker on the ground to open that passing game up.

Delhomme is a good QB IMO, but he's not up the level of the rest of the team. He can't make super plays all the time based on ability, therefore, he needs help. More WRs' but most importantly, a running game worth a darn.

I think these DEF players are the best in the NFL, and I'm lucky to root for a team that consists of them. Therefore the coaching has to be where my blame falls. You can't expect these guys to play at a superman level all the time, regardless of score, weather, plays and injuries. At some point, coaching and play calling has to make up some ground for them.

Just my opinion, and I'm happy to see them in the Playoffs. God knows the players deserve it. Hopefully it'll work out.

My prediction:

If CAR can stop the running game, while being able to carry the rock themselves:

CAR 27 NYG 20

If CAR cannot stop the running game, and cannot run the ball:

CAR 17 NYG 31

If CAR can stop the running game, but cannot run the ball themselves

CAR 24 NYG 20

there you have it. slam me, torch me ridicule me as needed!

:D

Giants at home will beat Carol period. I can honestly say I am not worried about this game. I think the Giants will run it right down their throat, double Smith, and their crowd will give them a boost also. Giants 31-17. In Carol I'd feel the exact opposite way, but in Giants stadium I have no doubts the Giants will win.

I am a die Hard Giants Fan and I am scared ..If Antonio Pierce is not back it will be very tough Giants ...Carolina has enough weapons to hurt Giants ...Big advantage being at home but i think this is a tight game won in the 4th quarter ..

If i had to predict (sorry going Giants ) , 23- 20 Giants

Good luck

Giants at home will beat Carol period. I can honestly say I am not worried about this game. I think the Giants will run it right down their throat, double Smith, and their crowd will give them a boost also. Giants 31-17. In Carol I'd feel the exact opposite way, but in Giants stadium I have no doubts the Giants will win.

1244286[/snapback]

CAR plays terrible at home. I'm happy they're on the road for the playoffs, just not happy about the weapons they got.

1244286[/snapback]

I also like the underdog role we will likely have in the game next Sunday. Back in 2003, the Rams fans didn't give us a chance and then the Eagles fans didn't give us a chance either.... and we all remember who made it to the Super Bowl.

The Giants have had a great season and deserve kudos for winning a tough division, however, DO NOT get over confident as the Panthers will be a tough out in the playoffs!

I hope it is a great game and the Panthers make the Giants trip is a short one! :D

Not quite ready to give a prediction, other than TB or GMen were fine by me, but this is the role Fox and the Panthers prefer, ala, this past week-written off etc etc...44 to 11 domination. If the Panthers click on all cylinders next Saturday-they win. This will be a good game against two 11-5 teams, but my gut says that Fox is right where he want's to be, and the Panthers take down the GMen in the Big Apple, as the Panthers for what ever reason play much better as an underdog/backs against the wall team. The Panthers will be ready to play, of that you can count on. Plus, the Panthers are battle tested with wins on the road in 2003 at StL and Philly, so they know it can be done, because they have done it before.

If the Panthers click on all cylinders next Saturday-they win. This will be a good game against two 11-5 teams, but my gut says that Fox is right where he want's to be, and the Panthers take down the GMen in the Big Apple, as the Panthers for what ever reason play much better as an underdog/backs against the wall team.

1244305[/snapback]

I hope you are wrong as I want them to play well on Sunday at 1:00 pm... :D

CAR plays terrible at home. I'm happy they're on the road for the playoffs, just not happy about the weapons they got.

1244294[/snapback]

That may be true about Carol but the Giants are great at home and bad on the road so being at home is a huge edge for the Giants. The Giants run D is good, and like was said above I don't like the all injuries, but I just don't see the weapons in Carol to scare me. Yes Smith does but I would assume/hope that at home the Giants would double or triple team him all over the field. I also think a big key for the Giants is Shockey. Again I assume/hope he can play, but that is a big key. If he doesn't play I may have a different view on the game. I expect Pierce to still be out though.

Not quite ready to give a prediction, other than TB or GMen were fine by me, but this is the role Fox and the Panthers prefer, ala, this past week-written off etc etc...44 to 11 domination. If the Panthers click on all cylinders next Saturday-they win. This will be a good game against two 11-5 teams, but my gut says that Fox is right where he want's to be, and the Panthers take down the GMen in the Big Apple, as the Panthers for what ever reason play much better as an underdog/backs against the wall team. The Panthers will be ready to play, of that you can count on. Plus, the Panthers are battle tested with wins on the road in 2003 at StL and Philly, so they know it can be done, because they have done it before.

1244305[/snapback]

I don't think blowing out a bad team that played with NOTHING today and showed ZERO heart from minute 1 on can be compared to playing a playoff game in Giants stadium next week. And I think if both teams click on all cylinders the Giants will win. I am VERY confident the Giants will beat the Panthers at home. Obviously we won't agree on this so lets let the game speak for itself next Sunday. Good luck.

Edited by giantsfan

This game will come down to Jake's decision making and John Kasay's foot. If both are solid, the Panthers win. Tiki will be the focus of the Panthers D, and Lucas will be glued to Burress. If Jake doesn't pull his Favre 05 impersonation, I like the Panthers to win.

My other worry is the curse of Dan Henning, I hope the Panthers don't get into the "playing scared / ball control" offense. They need to open it up and air it out to win.

Should be fun to watch!

This game will come down to Jake's decision making and John Kasay's foot.  If both are solid, the Panthers win.  Tiki will be the focus of the Panthers D, and Lucas will be glued to Burress.  If Jake doesn't pull his Favre 05 impersonation, I like the Panthers to win.

My other worry is the curse of Dan Henning,  I hope the Panthers don't get into the "playing scared / ball control" offense. They need to open it up and air it out to win. 

Should be fun to watch!

1244378[/snapback]

I pray if Foster can't get it done, then please put in Goings, or Smart...or the Valet dude. anybody.

I'm a hardcore CAR fan, but I'm (usually) able to push it aside and actually analyze my team without my CAR cap on.

Everyone talks about how inconsistant they are...i say bull. I think they're very consistant. They underachieve like crazy and can be beaten on any day, and they're consistant about it. The only time they win, or look like they should, is when the players have their game changing moments.

CAR has so much talent on the team it's truly is ridiculous. It's when they shine as individiuals when people say "wow, why can't they play like this all the time?" I believe it's because of coaching. Not Fox, but the coordinators. I just feel like they're not in the position to make plays as much as they should and only due to their sheer athleticism and dynamics are when they actually make those plays.

The play calling or coaching, or something should put these players in a position to make plays based on fundamentals, not just on ability. When that happens, if they're having an "off-day" at least they'll still keep it close and pull through.

Another reason they can only win some of the time and lose to teams they simply should not lose to, is because of the terrible running game.

the coaching staff is dedicated to Foster, and I just don't see why. He's a terrible terrible running back. He's only ran on ATL this whole season. That includes BUF and NO. They'll put  Goings in, he'll rush for 7 yards, and then he'll sit for the rest of the game, while 'weak knee' foster gets 2 in a row for a loss. It's just stupid.

So, if you got no running game, you're a 1 dimensional team w/ passing as your only weapon. Fine, some teams can do it...not a playoff contender though. Not only that, they only have 1 WR...so that makes them 20% of a 1 dimensional team. With Delhomme only looking for Smith, INT's go up. It's only due to Smiths sheer athleticism and ability that he can still make plays while being double and tripple covered. Again, play calling and coaching are just relying on ability and not fundamentals.

It really scares me. NYG are a darn good team, especially at home, and with such a crappy RB and their run D, I dont see good things. CAR needs a difference maker on the ground to open that passing game up.

Delhomme is a good QB IMO, but he's not up the level of the rest of the team. He can't make super plays all the time based on ability, therefore, he needs help. More WRs' but most importantly, a running game worth a darn.

I think these DEF players are the best in the NFL, and I'm lucky to root for a team that consists of them. Therefore the coaching has to be where my blame falls. You can't expect these guys to play at a superman level all the time, regardless of score, weather, plays and injuries. At some point, coaching and play calling has to make up some ground for them.

Just my opinion, and I'm happy to see them in the Playoffs. God knows the players deserve it. Hopefully it'll work out.

My prediction:

If CAR can stop the running game, while being able to carry the rock themselves:

CAR 27 NYG 20

If CAR cannot stop the running game, and cannot run the ball:

CAR 17 NYG 31

If CAR can stop the running game, but cannot run the ball themselves

CAR 24 NYG 20

there you have it. slam me, torch me ridicule me as needed!

1244283[/snapback]

im pretty impressed loogie after reading your post in the "giants are worse than roger maris" thread, i expected reading a vey biased take on the game. the only thing i disagree with you is the prediction if both teams can not run the ball. you said yourself self that Smith is your only wepon, while the G-men have Plax, Toomer, Shock (if he plays...bet he does) barber, and 25ish sacks form Osi and Strahan.

how do the pathers win that senario? should be a close game regardless.

my only hope if for the division winners to sweep, so the giants can show seatlle fans that the win against the giants this year was quite possibly a bigger gift than the extra home game

I think the Giants have the advantage here. Both Manning and Delhomme have been shut down this season by defenses that can apply strong pressure up front. If both passing games are taken out of the equation, it becomes Tiki vs. Foster and co.

I don't think I have to tell you who will win that one.

Throw in the home field advantage and I think you get a final score in the neighborhood of:

Giants 23

Panthers 17

I also like the underdog role we will likely have in the game next Sunday. Back in 2003, the Rams fans didn't give us a chance and then the Eagles fans didn't give us a chance either.... and we all remember who made it to the Super Bowl.

The Giants have had a great season and deserve kudos for winning a tough division, however, DO NOT get over confident as the Panthers will be a tough out in the playoffs!

I hope it is a great game and the Panthers make the Giants trip is a short one!

Who won that Super Bowl, Mr. Underdog lover? :D

Yes Smith does but I would assume/hope that at home the Giants would double or triple team him all over the field.

1244340[/snapback]

They didn't against SMoss.

Smith will get his and Barber will get his. My take is this is going to be a very interesting game going down to the last play in regulation. Could even see OT.

They didn't against SMoss.

Smith will get his and Barber will get his. My take is this is going to be a very interesting game going down to the last play in regulation. Could even see OT.

1244843[/snapback]

1. That was on the road (they shut down Moss 100000% at home)

2. Last time I checked I didn't see a 1500 yard rusher like Portis in the Carol backfield

3. The # 2 receiver on Carol has 34 catches, Foster. For Wash Cooley is # 2 with 71 catches and 7 TD's

Point is while Foster has big play ability Carolina's O has 1 player that you must stop, Smith. The Giants WILL win.

im pretty impressed loogie after reading your post in the "giants are worse than roger maris" thread, i expected reading a vey biased take on the game. the only thing i disagree with you is the prediction if both teams can not run the ball. you said yourself self that Smith is your only wepon, while the G-men have Plax, Toomer, Shock (if he plays...bet he does) barber, and 25ish sacks form Osi and Strahan.

how do the pathers win that senario? should be a close game regardless.

my only hope if for the division winners to sweep, so the giants can show seatlle fans that the win against the giants this year was quite possibly a bigger gift than the extra home game

1244616[/snapback]

thanks alot. sorry about the delay, i just got around to reading old posts. I try not to wear my Panthers cap when it comes to this stuff, and i feel pretty good about what i said above. Lets see how it turns out.

1244286[/snapback]

Worried yet? 17-0 Panthers

1244286[/snapback]

It is good that you weren't worry about this game as the 23 - 0 shows that the better team in fact win the game. :D Oh, wait that was the Panthers 23 - Giants 0.

Eli - 113 yds and 3 picks

Tiki - 41 yds w/ 3 catches for 28 yds.

Plax - shutout by Ken Lucas

Are you ready to eat some crow, yet?? :D:D

The Giants are a good team and I know that Eli will continue to get better, but you under estimated the Panthers D and our ability to score against the Giants D (you have a great ends), but the secondary couldn't stop Smith or Foster for that matter.

GO PANTHERS!! :D:D

Who won that Super Bowl, Mr. Underdog lover?  :D

1244828[/snapback]

The Panthers played great in that game and came within a few seconds of putting that game into overtime, when most experts gave them much of a chance.

BTW, this underdog just shutout the Giants 23 - 0! :D

It is good that you weren't worry about this game as the 23 - 0 shows that the better team in fact win the game.  :D  Oh, wait that was the Panthers 23 - Giants 0.

Eli - 113 yds and 3 picks

Tiki - 41 yds w/ 3 catches for 28 yds.

Plax - shutout by Ken Lucas

Are you ready to eat some crow, yet??  :D  :D

The Giants are a good team and I know that Eli will continue to get better, but you under estimated the Panthers D and our ability to score against the Giants D (you have a great ends), but the secondary couldn't stop Smith or Foster for that matter.

GO PANTHERS!!  :D  :D

1254617[/snapback]

Life is good Dave, now let's win next week and pull for the Skins. :D