[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about HAG

soopanuts

Again I am with Blitz on this, if I am wasting my time in this league then why be in it?

1258149[/snapback]

A shame that you feel you are wasting your time playing against Huddlers your own age in a league that you will eventually have to move up or out of..because of age.

I have stated my intentions to retire in the Generation Lost forum.  They apparently want new blood each year in the leagues so I will free up my spot for some other person.

1258160[/snapback]

No.. not new blood... just the right age.

=================================================

It's a pity that the view point of joining another BOTH league is not the the point at all and was not the point that started all this.

There was discussion on the original rules.... there was input on the original rules. As we went we posted in each forum and input was given by the 'masses'... mostly by PM. We came back and changed some things IAW those discussions and PM's.

Nick has it correct. He said it very well.

A shame that a disgruntled few are going to stomp away because they didn't get their way. Even though there was not one dissenting view about how the league was run this last year. Everyone was very happy about everything...... now this..... :D You just can't please any Huddler any of the time I guess.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not have the vote for this one issue on whether current HAG members go to the top of the waiting list over those just waiting and never in? Reward the inaugural members after the first year. Then all those on the current waiting list can either continue to wait their turn or feel free to start up HAG2. What has been decided on the position current members who move up together get on the waiting list. There are multiple members of NVN that are the same age and will move up together. What's the priority? If there will be no vote and this is officially decided on and put to rest, is it possible to send out the current waiting lists? Maybe some who are moving up will already have an open spot.

Well it looks like the list is getting shorter already, too bad it was a good league and is dying after the first year.

1258170[/snapback]

Only to be re-born. I think it will be fine, maybe even better. All 4 leagues togther constiute 48 members. I think we can all get more than that by September.

In the end, we decided that the leagues were 4 different leagues, and only tied together by a common rule set and a season ending competition across the age groups to age supremacy.

1258134[/snapback]

How exactly can 9 people all agree that these are 4 different leagues. All four leagues were created as a part of a format. Created at the same time, with identical rule for the purpose of being a part of a bigger "overall league" if you will. It's not as though 4 existing leagues all got together and decided to have a battle for the best team. This decision puzzles me, and is the basis for another bad ruling that is already tearing the leagues apart.

Sky the league is fun, but it is a waste of time to invest time to something which has no future. I know you intended to start this the retire, but just because you feel that way, doesn't mean the whole league does.

How exactly can 9 people all agree that these are 4 different leagues. All four leagues were created as a part of a format.  Created at the same time, with identical rule for the purpose of being a part of a bigger "overall league" if you will.  It's not as though 4 existing leagues all got together and decided to have a battle for the best team.  This decision puzzles me, and is the basis for another bad ruling that is already tearing the leagues apart.

1258200[/snapback]

Agreed. If these are 4 different leagues, then why do the commishes of each work out overall rules together? If a commish wants to change the rules of their own age bracket, are they allowed to do so? I understand that this was the brainchild of sky and a few others after, but if you all can see that the majority of owners are upset by this it's probably because the league was fantastic. The rules are great and the concept is amazing. So why have some members leave due to this ruling in order to open up to new members? If new members are tired of waiting and feel they should get their chance, let them start their own HAG.

A shame that a disgruntled few are going to stomp away because they didn't get their way.  Even though there was not one dissenting view about how the league was run this last year. Everyone was very happy about everything...... now this..... :D You just can't please any Huddler any of the time I guess.

1258194[/snapback]

For the record, I'm hardly being disgruntled. Like I said, I turn 31 the beginning of August which would put me on the waiting list for the next league. There's just no point in showing any interest if I have to wait 3-5 years once I'm out of the league. Personally, I enjoyed this league tremendously and looked forward to moving up every 10 years or so but since it appears that I'll be on a 3 year min. waiting list I don't really see the actual point of continuing.

If you were looking for new blood each year then that should have been clearly defined. Currently there are 4 NVN members who will be out after next season, members that are regulars here at The Huddle. I doubt they'll wait it out on the list.

A shame that you feel you are wasting your time playing against Huddlers your own age in a league that you will eventually have to move up or out of..because of age. 

It's a pity that the view point of joining another BOTH league is not the the point at all and was not the point that started all this.

There was discussion on the original rules.... there was input on the original rules. As we went we posted in each forum and input was given by the 'masses'... mostly by PM. We came back and changed some things IAW those discussions and PM's.

A shame that a disgruntled few are going to stomp away because they didn't get their way.  Even though there was not one dissenting view about how the league was run this last year. Everyone was very happy about everything...... now this..... :D You just can't please any Huddler any of the time I guess.

1258194[/snapback]

I have absolutely no qualm with how the leagues were run last year, none.

I was never allowed to be involved in any rules discussion because I am not a commissioner. I did offer some input in the Generation Lost forum. The rules were handed down to the masses.

When I join a league I am in that league. I have NEVER left a league before, NEVER ... and I have been playing well over 10 year now. So my intention when I join a league is to stick with it. After 8 years in Generation Lost it seems to me like I will have earned the right to be at the top of the waiting list for HOT ... instead of being put beind some yahoo who showed up a the previous year and put his name on the list. I am not going to invest 8 years in a league only be told that not only do I have to leave my current league but I have no priority over non-HAG members on the next league.

1258194[/snapback]

Don see it that way sky.. If my age makes its so I should move up then I move up to the top of the list of the next league.... I assumed( and wrong I guess) that was the way it was set up...

everyone will be the same age group ??? im lost I guess

im not disgruntled a little confused and not sure why this is coming up now I thought it was set when the league started...

Its a fun league and I want to be a part of it but if I have to leave prime time and must wait years to get back in???? I will miss most of the next age bracket ??

When I join a league I am in that league.  I have NEVER left a league before, NEVER ... and I have been playing well over 10 year now.  So my intention when I join a league is to stick with it.  After 8 years in Generation Lost it seems to me like I will have earned the right to be at the top of the waiting list for HOT ... instead of being put beind some yahoo who showed up a the previous year and put his name on the list.  I am not going to invest 8 years in a league only be told that not only do I have to leave my current league but I have no priority over non-HAG members on the next league.

1258220[/snapback]

Good info here.

If you were looking for new blood each year then that should have been clearly defined. Currently there are 4 NVN members who will be out after next season, members that are regulars here at The Huddle. I doubt they'll wait it out on the list.

1258216[/snapback]

I won't be waiting once I turn 31. I try to keep the number of leagues I enter to a manageable amount (3-4) and was hoping that I found my 3rd solid every year league in HAG to go with the 2 locals I run. The league is great, but if I find a league that is good and will continue until I decide to leave then it will end up filling the NVN spot I currently hold.

Also, for the record, no one here is saying they wouldn't wait once they have to move up for a spot to open, they just feel they should move to the top as a current member.

Edited by Whiskey Pimp

After 8 years in Generation Lost it seems to me like I will have earned the right to be at the top of the waiting list for HOT ... instead of being put beind some yahoo who showed up a the previous year and put his name on the list.  I am not going to invest 8 years in a league only be told that not only do I have to leave my current league but I have no priority over non-HAG members on the next league.

1258220[/snapback]

Exactly my point earlier as well. Current HAG members should have a priority, we've already given a commitment to a league and aren't leaving it for any other reason than a rule says we have too. We should be given consideration above members who've not spent one dime or minute when it comes to getting into the next age groups league. It's an age old concept called seniority.

Exactly my point earlier as well.  Current HAG members should have a priority, we've already given a commitment to a league and aren't leaving it for any other reason than a rule says we have too. We should be given consideration above members who've not spent one dime or minute when it comes to getting into the next age groups league. It's an age old concept called seniority.

1258240[/snapback]

Another very good point ... after 8 years I will have fronted $800 in league entry fees. Unless I am fairly successful or hit it big like Borge007 this year I may be in the red when it comes time to move up. Shouldn't I have the first right to get my money back? The guys on the waiting list will have invested zero time and zero money.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Also, for the record, no one here is saying they wouldn't wait once they have to move up for a spot to open, they just feel they should move to the top as a current member.

1258226[/snapback]

A good point that's gone unmentioned so far. :D

hmmm that's what I thought this was all about... im confused again... dammit the drugs have fried my brain

1258226[/snapback]

I understand that. We all do. We are trying to consider everyone involved, or trying to be involved.

FWIW, these same rules apply to the us as well. I don't get an automatic spot when it's time to move up, even if I commish the league for the next 7 years. The same goes for every commish.

hmmm that's what I thought this was all about... im confused again... dammit the drugs have fried my brain

1258247[/snapback]

The issue is that if the league you're trying to enter has, lets say, 2 empty spots the year your trying to enter it, and lets says the wait list is full at 5, you'll have to sit out a year.

If however, you were put at the top of that years wait list (since you are graduating from a lower aged league) you would be the first to be offered a spot and would not have to sit out any.

Only  to be re-born. I think it will be fine, maybe even better. All 4 leagues togther constiute 48 members. I think we can all get more than that by September.

1258199[/snapback]

Quite clearly that is the prevailing sentiment of the commissioners ... get new blood in and 'make it better'.

FWIW, these same rules apply to the us as well.  I don't get an automatic spot when it's time to move up, even if I commish the league for the next 7 years.  The same goes for every commish.

1258252[/snapback]

Which really makes me wonder why the rule is going forward. How did all the commishes who put in more time and effort than us members vote to put others that have done nothing ahead of them? Was clubfoothead in the room that these meetings were held in?

Quite clearly that is the prevailing sentiment of the commissioners ... get new blood in and 'make it better'.

1258270[/snapback]

Grits - you know good and well that's not the case. Nobody wants current members to leave for new people. :D