[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Possible Dynasty League Starting...

Duchess Jack

I am looking to nudge my keeper league towards a dynasty league and have been getting a like warm response. It could still go that way - but I would like to make contingency plans. Some folk are resistant the change and I do not feel that it is right to force the issue.

Having gotten the idea in my head, I've decided that I'll start one, one way or another.

So, I wanted to see if there were any huddlers interested in joining. I am looking for more established huddlers because I want owners to get in this for the long haul.

I do not want to run this as a BOTH league because I am in one now and I found that I do not go to the board as often as I like - really not often at all. I feel like an absentee owner. I am a madman on the message boards in my other leagues - and I figure the difference is having everything all in one place (MFL).

The league will be head-to-head with performance scoring. (length of TDs, receptions, completions, total yards, etc). It will not include IDP. Starting lineups will be 1QB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB, 1Def, 1K and 2 flex (wr, rb and/or te)

I do not have the rules fully put together. As I have yet to merge my current league rules and the fatherless maleization of the Fusion rules that I will be incorporating.

I am estimating a $100 ante and 12 owners.

With those numbers we'd be looking at....

$600 to the superbowl winner

$250 to the superbowl loser.

$100 to the 3rd and 4th seeds

and $50 to the toiletbowl winner.

I will be reserving $100 for the cost of the site and trophey - mailing and such

PM me with questions or interest.

DJ

I am looking to nudge my keeper league towards a dynasty league and have been getting a like warm response.  It could still go that way - but I would like to make contingency plans.  Some folk are resistant the change and I do not feel that it is right to force the issue. 

Having gotten the idea in my head, I've decided that I'll start one, one way or another. 

So, I wanted to see if there were any huddlers interested in joining.  I am looking for more established huddlers because I want owners to get in this for the long haul.

I do not want to run this as a BOTH league because I am in one now and I found that I do not go to the board as often as I like - really not often at all.  I feel like an absentee owner.  I am a madman on the message boards in my other leagues - and I figure the difference is having everything all in one place (MFL). 

The league will be head-to-head with performance scoring.  (length of TDs, receptions, completions, total yards, etc).  It will not include IDP.  Starting lineups will be 1QB, 2WR, 1TE, 1RB, 1Def, 1K and 2 flex (wr, rb and/or te)

I do not have the rules fully put together.  As I have yet to merge my current league rules and the fatherless maleization of the Fusion rules that I will be incorporating. 

I am estimating a $100 ante and 12 owners.

With those numbers we'd be looking at....

$600 to the superbowl winner

$250 to the superbowl loser.

$100 to the 3rd and 4th seeds

and $50 to the toiletbowl winner. 

I will be reserving $100 for the cost of the site and trophey - mailing and such

PM me with questions or interest.

DJ

1250982[/snapback]

:D

I'll make sure to start talking more trash to you...

i'd consider it.... need to think about it in a couple of months.

1251012[/snapback]

Excellent.

You know, I suggested that folk PM me with questions - but you all might as well post them here just in case two people have the same question.

I should know for sure whether I will be changing my old league or starting a new one in around a week. I am pretty sure it will be the latter. I should also have more formal rules by then.

dj- honestly, if i were to do it, i'd want input on rules, scoring, etc....

i live in resort town and am in the heat of our high season...hard for me to think about anything at the moment.....

1251059[/snapback]

I am pretty happy with what I have put together - but I am not closed to any suggestions or changes.

great, another gay joke.  :D

1251129[/snapback]

I'm a one note kind of guy.

Let me know how this goes - I might be interested. Originally, ConFusion was going to be non-IDP but I was convinced otherwise. It might be fun to do offense only.

Okay....here are the rules - still rough, but pretty much what we will be looking at. I am sure they are filled with typos and things that flat out make no sense – but anyone used to reading my posts, should be used to that.

The First Annual

League Yet to be Named

Overview

Simple. It’s fantasy football. Twelve owners will draft a roster of nineteen players and compete a thirteen-week fantasy schedule. The idea is to come out with the best win/loss record. Based upon this, six owners will advance to the playoffs. Three will leave with at least their enter fee. One will win the Superbowl, a fat purse and a trophy yet to be named.

The six owners not making playoffs will fight it out in a schedule mirroring their playoff betters in hopes to walk away with a $50 consolation prize. aka The Toilet Bowl.

This is a dynasty league so the teams you draft in year one are pretty much it. We are looking for owners with staying power and enough intestinal fortitude to make it through those tough years.

Entry Fee

12 Owners @ $100 = $1200

Distribution

2 - 2nd Round Losers @ $100 = $200

1 - Superbowl Loser @ $250 = $250

1 - Superbowl Winner @ $600 = $600

1 – Toilet bowl Winner @ $50 = $50

1 - Commissioner Software* @ $100 = $100

Total Distribution: $1200

* this includes trophy, shipping and such.

In year one - we need to prime the pump - so we'll be having a 22 round snake draft.

Draft order will be established by drawing names from a hat or some other random method. The first person drawn has his choice of any draft position. The second person drawn can have any of the remaining positions. This continues until all 12 positions are filled and is followed by a 22 round, snake draft.

Initial Contract Years

Once we have our teams drafted - we will have 55 (arbitrary number) contract years to distribute among the players each of 19 roster spots. Any players above and beyond 19 can either be assigned to the Taxi squad if eligible - (explained later) or they must be dropped.

If you are - for whatever reason - carrying less than the 19 roster spots - empty roster spots must be assigned 1 contract year.

Beyond that - there is no limit to how long a guy can be on contract.

Regular Season

The regular season kicks off with week one of the regular season.

Each team is to play another team each week, as dictated by the schedule, adhering to the league’s lineup requirements. The winner is the owner who scores the highest overall points. Points can be found in the section under that title. At the end of week 13 6 owners will advance to the playoffs - and 6 to the toilet bowl playoffs.

The Post Season

The post season begins with the completion of week 13 of the NFL regular season. At this time the highest seed in each division will advance to the playoffs. In addition to the division leaders, the three remaining teams possessing the best regular season record will advance to the finals. Between the wildcards and division leaders, six teams will advance.

Playoffs will include weeks, 14, 15 and 16 of the NFL regular season. They will be single elimination and proceed as follows. (the toilet bowl will follow a similar schedule with the 7th overall seed filling the 1st seed spot)....I warned you - that the rules would be rough at first.

Week 14

Seed 1 and 2 - Bye

Seed 3 plays seed 6

Seed 4 plays seed 5

Week 15

Seed 1 plays seed 4

Seed 2 plays seed 3

Weeks 16 - Superbowl

Seed 1 plays 2.

Roster Requirements

Each week an owner is responsible to fill the following line-up restrictions regardless of bye-week or injury.

1 Quarterback

2 Wide Receivers

1 Running Back

1 Tight End

2 Flex (WR/RB/TE)

1 Kicker

1 Defense

Trades and Free Agent Acquisitions

Every owner will be allowed 3 transactions every week. Both Free Agent acquisitions and trades are considered transactions. A single trade involving multiple players is considered one transaction.

Trades

The trading period begins at the conclusion of week 1 of the NFL regular season and continues through the conclusion of the NFL’s week 10.

Any owner can trade with any other owner Monday through Thursday but a trade cannot put an owner above the 19-man roster maximum. (i.e. an owner must rid himself of a player if he expects to get two players for one. This can often be done by trading a scrub to the other owner in addition to the desired player)

No trade may put an owner above cap. So if owner A and owner B both have all 55 years distributed and owner A trades a player with a 4 year contract to owner B for a player on a two year contract - owner A will essentially clear 2 contract years while owner B must clear contract room to sign that player.

Free Agency

Once the draft ends - each owner will be assigned 100 Free Agent Bucks. These dollars are used to bid on Free Agents and to get additional Free Agents at the end of the year.

Anyway - when you want a free agent. You will send an email to an email address not yet set up. In the email you will make a blind bid on a player using your Fee Agent -Bucks. The highest bidder gets the player and his Free Agent bucks are adjusted accordingly. In a case of a tie - the player will the worse record will be assigned the player.

Once a Free Agent is signed - he must be assigned a contract - so chances are, that you will need to clear contract room by dropping a player or two.

An owner will take a cap hit of - one dead contract year for each dropped player- until another owner picks up the dropped player or until the season ends.

This might sound confusing - but it is actually quite simple. Please post any questions that you might have.

Scoring

Quarterbacks

Points Category

6 Per Touchdown

2 Per 2 Point Conversion

.02 Per Yard (Passing, Receiving and Rushing)

1 Per Completion

-.5 Per Attempt

-2 Per Interception

-2 Per Fumble Lost

2 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 30 and 39 Yards

3 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 40 and 49 Yards

4 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 50 and 54 Yards

5 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 55 and 59 Yards

6 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 60 and 64 Yards

7 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 65 and 69 Yards

8 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 70 and 100 Yards

Runningbacks

Points Category

6 Per Touchdown

2 Per 2 Point Conversion

.05 Per Yard (Passing, Receiving and Rushing)

.6 Per Reception

-2 Per Fumble Lost

2 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 20 and 29 Yards

3 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 30 and 39 Yards

4 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 40 and 44 Yards

5 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 45 and 49 Yards

6 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 50 and 54 Yards

7 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 55 and 59 Yards

8 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 60 and 100 Yards

Tight Ends

Points Category

6 Per Touchdown

2 Per 2 Point Conversion

.07 Per Yard (Passing, Receiving and Rushing)

.6 Per Reception

-2 Per Fumble Lost

2 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 20 and 29 Yards

3 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 30 and 39 Yards

4 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 40 and 44 Yards

5 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 45 and 49 Yards

6 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 50 and 54 Yards

7 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 55 and 59 Yards

8 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 60 and 100 Yards

Wide Receiver

Points Category

6 Per Touchdown

2 Per 2 Point Conversion

.05 Per Yard (Passing, Receiving and Rushing)

.5 Per Reception

-2 Per Fumble Lost

2 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 30 and 39 Yards

3 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 40 and 49 Yards

4 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 50 and 54 Yards

5 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 55 and 59 Yards

6 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 60 and 64 Yards

7 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 65 and 69 Yards

8 Bonus Points for Touchdowns between 70 and 100 Yards

Kickers

Points Category

1 Per PAT

3 For Field Goal up to 29 Yards

4 For Field Goals of 30-39 Yards

5 For Field Goals of 40-49 Yards

6 For Field Goals of 50 Yards or More

Defense / Special Teams

Points Category

6 Per Touchdown

4 Per Safety

2 Per Fumble Recovery

2 Per Interception

1 Per Sack

10 Shutout (Offensive points only)

5 Holding Opponent to: 1 to 9 points (Offensive points only)

3 Holding Opponent to: 10 to 13 points (Offensive points only)

1 Holding Opponent to: 14 to 20 points (Offensive points only)

0 Holding Opponent to: 21 to 29 points (Offensive points only)

-2 Holding Opponent to: 30 to 37 points (Offensive points only)

-4 Holding Opponent to: 38 to 44 points (Offensive points only)

-6 Holding Opponent to: 45 points or more (Offensive points only)

Post Season- all players on contract will have one year reduced from their contract. Most of the time - unless an owner has less than 19 players - this will mean that the owner has 19 contract years awarded to him to be used on players not yet on contract. Players one a one year contract become free agents.

Rookie Draft

Shortly after the NFL draft, we will have a five (could be more) round rookie draft. Draft order will go worst to first in every round based upon the final years results. ...kind of. The top six teams will be determined by the final playoff results where as the bottom six teams will be determined by their ranking at the end of the regular season. I do it this way so that bottom six teams will not tank the toilet bowl to get a better draft pick

Taxi Squad

Because rookies are a crap shoot. You will also have 5 taxi squad spots to fill. The taxi squad is for rookies and they do not have to be assigned a contract. For the first year of this format - you can put any player on the taxi squad who has 3 or less years in the league. Once a player has 3 years completed in the league - he can no longer be assigned to the taxi squad. Any player ever assigned a contract - even a rookie who was dropped can not be put on the taxi squad.

Players can be promoted from your taxi squad at any time of the year but a roster spot must be clear for him and a contract must be assigned.

Make note - once a player is given a contract - the only way the contract can be changed is if the player is dropped.

Free Agent Auction

The next step would be the free agent draft.

Here we use the remaining free agent dollars to bid on free agents. This is an auction - so unlike the in-season free agency - you will be able to bid multiple times on the same players. Any player who has a stud or someone he really wants to keep coming off contract can assign him a tag. The franchise tag will cost an owner 8 dollars and the transition tag will cost and owner 4 dollars. (again - arbitrary numbers)

An owner losing a franchised player during the FA auction will be awarded the 1st round rookie draft pick of the players new owner. An owner losing a transition player during the FA auction will be awarded the 3rd round rookie draft pick of the players new owner.

Roster Reduction

Just before the season - there'll be a roster reduction.

You will have 19 roster spots to fill as well as the 5 DTS spots (maybe more)

Chances are - at this point you will have more than 19 players. You need to reduce and assign any extra contract years you have. Again - the only change you can make to a player you have on contract is to cut him. Additional years cannot be added. Owners who drop any players in the off-season will not take a cap hit.

Once the owner reduces his roster to 19 roster spots assigns contract years (you do not have to assign all of them) and puts people on DTS (optional) the owner is given 100 free agent Bucks for the following year and we begin the season

Keep in mind that any draft picks gained through losing tagged players will be for the following years draft.

Well that's it. Thoughts?

oh....one more thing.... the 11th placed team choses the 12th placed team's logo for the following season.

Edited by Duchess Jack

I have rec'd great feedback thus far. Thanks everyone. For all those interested, I want to stress again that this will not be a BOTH as 6 of the projected members are non-huddlers.

I mention this because I want to keep everyone's expectations straight. There will be folk in the league who people do not know. They are a great group of trash-talking, football savy people but I want to let people know this up front just in case this might ruin their fun,

Edited by Duchess Jack