[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Penalty on Taylor

kpholmes

Poor mistake by the refs...

Pitman and Shaun Taylor are yelling and Pitman punches Taylor in the face, Ref throws the flag on Taylor and the Bucs get 15 yards...

Poor Poor mistake...

Hope its not a game changer...

If anything its frustrating as crap...

Edit: Refs say Taylor spit it Pitman's face, which led to the punch. Taylor has been ejected.

Edited by kpholmes

Theismann backtracking on his usual unfounded diatribe. :D

1253269[/snapback]

Hey for once, how can you blame him? If we didn't know that Taylor had spit in Pittman's helmet, it of course was a horrible call then. I was going crazy too.

While I don't condone spitting.... that was a two person penalty. Both should have been given 15 yarders.... even if they throw out Taylor. Pittman hit Taylor with his helmet ... Taylor spits... Pittman hits him. Not only do you not spit on other players... you don't hit them either. No matter what the provocation. The ref just plain ignored that.

While I don't condone spitting.... that was a two person penalty. Both should have been given 15 yarders.... even if they throw out Taylor. Pittman hit Taylor with his helmet ... Taylor spits... Pittman hits him. Not only do you not spit on other players... you don't hit them either. No matter what the provocation. The ref just plain ignored that.

1253363[/snapback]

I didn't understand why they didn't flag Pittman. I agree with you.

He need to be suspended for the next game against Seattle.  Totally uncalled for.

1253370[/snapback]

i disagree, simply because of the playoffs and the sheer competition of it all, but a nice $50,000 fine should do it, and hit Pittman for a $10,000-$15,000 fine too.

Not only do you not spit on other players... you don't hit them either. No matter what the provocation.

No way, someone spits in your face, you first reaction is a gimme, he should have uppercut with a closed fist under his facemask. A complete brawl? No, hit the biscth, the let the refs take care of the rest.

No way, someone spits in your face, you first reaction is a gimme, he should have uppercut with a closed fist under his facemask.  A complete brawl? No, hit the biscth, the let the refs take care of the rest.

1254163[/snapback]

Which they didn't do. Rules are rules... you hit someone you get penalized.

Not saying that Taylor shouldn't have been penalized but Pittman should have too.