[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Divisional PO Eve

PantherDave

The nerves are a little tighter, the anticipation is higher, the beer is colder. For all you other homers in the same boat as myself-good luck this weekend, and enjoy it to the fullest as only three more weekends reamin(SB is two weeks after the Conf. Champ)in our NFL experince for this season. Peace PD.

The nerves are a little tighter, the anticipation is higher, the beer is colder. For all you other homers in the same boat as myself-good luck this weekend, and enjoy it to the fullest as only three more weekends reamin(SB is two weeks after the Conf. Champ)in our NFL experince for this season. Peace PD.

1263864[/snapback]

:D

I picked the Steelers vs. Panthers in my pre-season picks. Hope is still alive.

Edited by Menudo

youd pick the fuggin steelers if they announced brian st pierre the starter after the last preseason game

1264100[/snapback]

...and who was your pick from the AFC :D

youd pick the fuggin steelers if they announced brian st pierre the starter after the last preseason game

1264100[/snapback]

It's funny because it's true.  :D

1264121[/snapback]

In another thread, I picked the Steelers to lose to the Colts this weekend....................... :D

Anybody else like the playoffs more than the actual Super Bowl? I'm starting to really hate the SB....but I love the build up towards it. The playoff games, especialy after the wild card, seem a lot more hard fought, emotional, etc. I feel like when teams get to the SB they are just happy to be there (like the fat girl at the prom) and get caught up in the two weeks of media hype. Maybe its just me.

Anybody else like the playoffs more than the actual Super Bowl?  I'm starting to really hate the SB....but I love the build up towards it.  The playoff games, especialy after the wild card, seem a lot more hard fought, emotional, etc.  I feel like when teams get to the SB they are just happy to be there (like the fat girl at the prom) and get caught up in the two weeks of media hype.  Maybe its just me.

1264142[/snapback]

I agree. I love this weekend. 4 great games is better than tons of hype for 1 great game.

Anybody else like the playoffs more than the actual Super Bowl?  I'm starting to really hate the SB....but I love the build up towards it.  The playoff games, especialy after the wild card, seem a lot more hard fought, emotional, etc.  I feel like when teams get to the SB they are just happy to be there (like the fat girl at the prom) and get caught up in the two weeks of media hype.  Maybe its just me.

1264142[/snapback]

I can see your point, but I beleive that is a familuarity issue being in the same Conference for the Div and Conf Champ, where the SB(not all the time i realise) where the two teams may not have faced one another for possibly three seasons with the re-alighnment rotation. Therefore it seems the first half of the SB is a feeling out process, and the second half is either a blowout or great half of football.

I can see your point, but I beleive that is a familuarity issue being in the same Conference for the Div and Conf Champ, where the SB(not all the time i realise) where the two teams may not have faced one another for possibly three seasons with the re-alighnment rotation. Therefore it seems the first half of the SB is a feeling out process, and the second half is either a blowout or great half of football.

1264153[/snapback]

Good points PD. I think it may also have to do with teams like Philly, CAR that were "new" to the SB taking some time to settle into the game. This year has only 2 teams (NE & CAR) with recent SB experience, but 6 out of 8 coaches have been there before. Could make a difference.

I think another reason I am becoming anti-SB is because its always an event. This means that you basically have to go to an SB party. Then its the women in one room laughing, talking, and every once in a while asking one of the guys what the score is while the guys are trying to pay attention to the game. Numerous conversations going on at the same time until a big play happens. I like this weekend because I can actually watch the game.

I agree.  I love this weekend.  4 great games is better than tons of hype for 1 great game.

1264143[/snapback]

Not to mention, half of the Super Bowls in the 1990's were not great games, but blowouts by halftime.

The real Super Bowl this year will be if Indy and NE both win. That's the game any non-Steelers/Broncos fan wants to see.

I guarantee you if New England gets to the SB, they won't be just happy to get there. And they won't be distracted by the media hype.

1264142[/snapback]

Yes because the Super Bowl isn't played like a real game with the extended halftime plus not being at one of the team's stadiums the passion and intensity in the crowd doesn't seem the same. It's just a less intense atmosphere all around.