[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where are the Lions at in finding a head coach

Outshined

I believe Dick Jauron has barracaded himself in the head coaches office and refuses to come out. Until they can get the office cleared they don't want to bring anyone in.

Millen has proven incredible football prowess :D and he truly may be the best GM in the game today :D ...with this it is clear he will make an astute decision very soon ...Perhaps while stopping at a rest area along one of the US interstate highways he will find his next man for the job after he serves him fries with his burger :D

To attempt to take this thread seriously . . .

The rumored leaders are Jim Haslett, and Pittsburgh OL coach Russ Grimm. Haslett has done very good job of coaching a team of misfits put together by bean-counter GM Mickey Loomis, and Grimm has been a "hot" assistant for the past couple years. However, Haslett will probably get the Bills job, and league insiders are saying that as gifted a coach Grimm is, he hasn't ever even been the offensive playcaller before, so he just plain isn't ready to be an NFL head coach.

However, Millen knows that his job is on the line. He knows he has to make a splashy hire, one that no one could possibly blame him for making. He made a run at Parcells, but Jones locked Tuna up with a big extension. The only "splashy" candidates left are college guys like Ferentz and Stoops, and established NFL guys.

The only "NFL guy" that may be available is the Big Show himself, Mike Holmgren. Holmgren has been slowly getting freezed out of Seattle for a while. If Millen is willing to give up a little power, and the Fords are once again willing to bust out the checkbook, I think Holmgren may just be willing to make the switch. His offense is already essentially in place, and doing the worst-to-first turnaround three times would certainly cement his place in Canton. The Lions need offensive line help, and Steve Hutchinson is probably going to hit the open market . . . one could help recruit the other . . .

Millen is going to hold a meet-and-greet with all the current candidates and the Fords next week. If the Steelers get bounced out tomorrow, Grimm will be there. I think Grimm is still the frontrunner, though I think Al Saunders would be a good fit. Holmgren is kind of a pipe dream, but it's plausible enough that I wouldn't rule it out.

Peace

policy