[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Warning....attend a Colts game...

kryptonite

From the NYT....

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/15/sports/f...ll/15colts.html

The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health suggests people wear protective gear if they work for more than eight hours in an environment with sound reaching 85 to 90 decibels. For every increase of 5 decibels, the unprotected exposure time should be reduced by half. At 100 decibels, the exposure time should be about two hours.

(regarding colts v. steelers game earlier this year)

And when Colts quarterback Peyton Manning hit receiver Marvin Harrison for an 80-yard touchdown play on their first play from scrimmage, the sound level peaked at 108 decibels, nearly as loud as the revving of a motorcycle engine.

Only 108 after a big play like that?  The Hawks/Skins game hit 102 before they even kicked off.  :D

1266005[/snapback]

If I am not mistaken.... in the Kingdome it was 100+ even before they opened the gates two hours before game time.... and stayed above 100 until the game was over. :D

The Seahawks 12th man (12 being a retired number in Seattle) has always been, without a doubt, the loudest crowd I have ever heard at a game of any sport. And they do it without piping in anything.

Indy is an amateur when it comes to crowd noise. :D

If I am not mistaken.... in the Kingdome it was 100+ even before they opened the gates two hours before game time.... and stayed above 100 until the game was over. :D

The Seahawks 12th man (12 being a retired number in Seattle) has always been, without a doubt, the loudest crowd I have ever heard at a game of any sport. And they do it without piping in anything.

Indy is an amateur when it comes to crowd noise.  :D

1266514[/snapback]

:D Is that what all the "12" flags were for? I missed the explanation.....LOL.

Whew...that was driving me nuts. :D

From the NYT....

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/15/sports/f...ll/15colts.html

The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health suggests people wear protective gear if they work for more than eight hours in an environment with sound reaching 85 to 90 decibels. For every increase of 5 decibels, the unprotected exposure time should be reduced by half. At 100 decibels, the exposure time should be about two hours.

(regarding colts v. steelers game earlier this year)

And when Colts quarterback Peyton Manning hit receiver Marvin Harrison for an 80-yard touchdown play on their first play from scrimmage, the sound level peaked at 108 decibels, nearly as loud as the revving of a motorcycle engine.

1265962[/snapback]

So, if I calculate this right, 105 dB would be 60 minutes max and 110 dB would be 30 minutes max. If that's the case, there's no danger at all since the sound peaked at 108 dB and probably only for a few seconds.

It's not exactly like facing Led Zeppelin's amp stack for two hours, is it?