[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Meltdown at Mile High

The Vatican Hitsquad

Brady took some serious (but legitimate) hits as he released the ball.  I thought he did extremely well in the face of a lot of pressure.  I know he had two INTs but the last was desperation - well over 300 yards and a TD ain't to be sneezed at.

1266529[/snapback]

Oh..agreed! He got the yardage passing through the blitz's. Yardage can be deceptive if you are working from a long field. :D But he hung in there and toughed it out.

Umm...Denver was favored.  And the money line was in favor of Denver.  That only happens when a lot of people give them a good chance to win.  So, your perception in this case is incorrect.

The Steelers, on the other hand, are being given little chance to win.

1266530[/snapback]

Well....I was speaking more of the folks here and the announcer's picks as far as giving Denver little chance. Not the oddsmakers who gave homefield at Invesco a little more clout.

I found it odd that the pregame rundowns yesterday of all the teams left, analysts talked about achilles' heals of all the teams....where they could be beaten. But the only thing they could manage to say about Seattle was how long it's been since they'd won a playoff game....and the only thing they could come up with for Denver was how Jake has played before this year. Both instances had no bearing on how those teams played THIS year. :D

If you're going to talk about how to beat a team....I hope you have a better gameplan than to bank on 'streaks' and performances in years past. :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to talk about how to beat a team....I hope you have a better gameplan than to bank on 'streaks' and performances in years past. :D

1266563[/snapback]

that's one thing that really bothers me. I don't care about my team's record against yours on grass since 1973.

Wow, what a game. Props to the Broncos, they were tough last night. Too bad they will get crushed next week at the RCA Dome :D

Some clown at the bar last night wanted to bet me a grand that the Broncos would beat the COlts STRAIGHT UP (bear with me Steelers fans, I know the Colts arent there yet). Funny what boozze will do to a guy...not that Ive ever done anything stupid while drunk (or sober, for that matter) :D

...but man they fell hard last night and it was more of their doing than anything Broncos did ...too many mistakes and missed opportunities ...a very un Bleichick type of game ...I am sure they will be back however

1266558[/snapback]

All those turnovers don't happen by themselves. Hard tackling knocked 2 of those balls out and Brady's first INT was hardly desperation from the 10 (and about to pull into a 1 score game), it was a bad decision by him to throw into coverage against the best defensive player in that game. Jesus Bruschi included.

What happened was the Pats were in over their heads. They had a cake schedule rollign into the playoffs (3 wins off the Jets and Bills in final 5 games), just like the Jags (neither team was better than SD, nor the ...ug.. Cheifs for that matter). Most of the other teams in the playoffs, Bronco's included, had already beaten the hell out of them this season.

Yes, I hate this team dating back to "the Tuck" (but openly admit that the Pats still drove the ball into FG range twice after, they get props). But the media's love affair with them has grown sickenly outrageous (why in the world was there a single reason for the Pats to be picked over the Bronco's by any sportscaster after Denver DESTROYED them this year? Cuz Brady never lost a playoff game?). They got owned in every way yesterday, none of it had anythign to do with bad luck. They got outplayed and out coached by a much better team. period.

$100 bucks say the Steelers are there before the Browns, you in ?

1266114[/snapback]

The Super Bowl.  $100 says the Steelers are there before the Browns.  Any faith in your team ?

1266121[/snapback]

looks like a Corner Back in a Back Pedal on a WR :D

All those turnovers don't happen by themselves. Hard tackling knocked 2 of those balls out and Brady's first INT was hardly desperation from the 10 (and about to pull into a 1 score game), it was a bad decision by him to throw into coverage against the best defensive player in that game. Jesus Bruschi included.

What happened was the Pats were in over their heads. They had a cake schedule rollign into the playoffs (3 wins off the Jets and Bills in final 5 games), just like the Jags (neither team was better than SD, nor the ...ug.. Cheifs for that matter). Most of the other teams in the playoffs, Bronco's included, had already beaten the hell out of them this season.

Yes, I hate this team dating back to "the Tuck" (but openly admit that the Pats still drove the ball into FG range twice after, they get props). But the media's love affair with them has grown sickenly outrageous (why in the world was there a single reason for the Pats to be picked over the Bronco's by any sportscaster after Denver DESTROYED them this year? Cuz Brady never lost a playoff game?). They got owned in every way yesterday, none of it had anythign to do with bad luck. They got outplayed and out coached by a much better team. period.

1266704[/snapback]

I am not sure that we watched the same game. Denver won and should have won. But to say that NE was over their heads or that they "got owned" is ludicrous.

Denver benefited from an extremely questionable pass interference call.

NE was moving the ball - Faulk fumbled. Hobbes fumbled the ball after he was hit by the kicker. Neither was caused by a crushing hit.

NE moved the ball down the field pretty easily. Bailey made a nice pick, coasted the last 10 yards or so, got blasted and likely fumbled through the end zone. Denver is extremely fortunate that the replays were inconclusive.

Brown muffs the punt.

The DEN touchdown drives were 1 yard, 1 yard and 15 yards respectively. (The first was officially 40 yards, but 39 came on the interference call)

Denver won the game and deservedly so. Nobody gave it to them. They certainly took advantage of the breaks, as a good team does. But the game easily could have gone the other way.

But Denver will still find a way to get embarassed in the RCA dome.

1266081[/snapback]

They won't be playing there this year.....  :D

1266105[/snapback]

:D

Umm...Denver was favored.  And the money line was in favor of Denver.  That only happens when a lot of people give them a good chance to win.  So, your perception in this case is incorrect.

The Steelers, on the other hand, are being given little chance to win.

1266530[/snapback]

and they won't. :D

1266553[/snapback]

:D

Brady took some serious (but legitimate) hits as he released the ball.  I thought he did extremely well in the face of a lot of pressure.  I know he had two INTs but the last was desperation - well over 300 yards and a TD ain't to be sneezed at.

1266529[/snapback]

Yup - Brady did not let NE down in this game. He got pounded pretty good and kept getting up to complete yet another pass - and I cussed him for every one. :D

I gotta give props to my Broncos - they took advantage of every NE mistake and didn't make many of their own. Jake did a good job ducking the significant pass rush all night and Denver kept with the run despite getting stuffed for most the night. That was great playoff football. :D