[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Meltdown at Mile High

The Vatican Hitsquad

please, give it a rest. I don't root against the Steelers when it comes to things like this. I want an AFC North Champ, don't you? I just like gettin' yer goat.

1266183[/snapback]

:D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait just a minute.  I don't see posts by Menudo saying anything about the spread.  He has been talking about Pitts pulliing the upset.  Loaf calls him on it, and he makes it into a Cleveland vs. Pittsburgh thing.  :D

1266180[/snapback]

You don't remember my prediction ?

that's sad, just sad.

1266190[/snapback]

:D Why? I like the Colts. I have since Dungy took over. I like Peyton. I like Edge. I like Harrison. They're my 2nd favorite team.

AFC North teams are my team's rivals - the enemy. Why should I suddenly root for my enemy to win?

:D  Why?  I like the Colts.  I have since Dungy took over.  I like Peyton.  I like Edge.  I like Harrison.  They're my 2nd favorite team.

AFC North teams are my team's rivals - the enemy.  Why should I suddenly root for my enemy to win?

1266202[/snapback]

Hard to write. It's more of an aesthethic. My Division wins the Super Bowl, somehow my Division is looked at as decent and respected.

Hard to write. It's more of an aesthethic. My Division wins the Super Bowl, somehow my Division is looked at as decent and respected.

1266212[/snapback]

Which essentially means that you are a Steeler fan come playoff season. :D

Ummm... this thread is supposed to be about NE/DEN.

Focus, people.

1266243[/snapback]

really? I'm so buzzed that I have to look at every key before I type. I had no idea...sorry to hijiack

yeah. I hear ya. But it was more of getting menudo to admit that there's not much chance of a win (other than against the spread) than to get a bet going. I was sure that no bet was forthcoming...I think I proved my point.

1266177[/snapback]

I know this argument is none of my business...but I must agree that you proved your point. I love reading what you write Menudo, but dang, I thought after reading everything you wrote this post season about the Steelers you'd take that bet for sure. :D

I know this argument is none of my business...but I must agree that you proved your point.  I love reading what you write Menudo, but dang, I thought after reading everything you wrote this post season about the Steelers you'd take that bet for sure.  :D

1266262[/snapback]

Just because someone is a huge fan of their hometown team doesn't mean they should make stupid bets. Why would he make that bet with a random at thehuddle when he could bet it online or a bookie and get points? Why would he do that random person a favor? if he were confidnet enough in the Steelers wining the game, bet the moneyline and give yourself more money. Makes no sense....just my opinion.

Just because someone is a huge fan of their hometown team doesn't mean they should make stupid bets.  Why would he make that bet with a random at thehuddle when he could bet it online or a bookie and get points?  Why would he do that random person a favor?  if he were confidnet enough in the Steelers wining the game, bet the moneyline and give yourself more money.  Makes no sense....just my opinion.

1266337[/snapback]

:D

Loaf knew he wasn't going to take the bet. No one in their right mind would take that bet for the exact reasons that Pedroz pointed out. However, I would bet that Menudo would take the bet with the points. I'll take the bet with the points. I already have some action on this game but I really do like the points. In fact, I will be very happy and only a little surprised if the Steelers win today. I happen to really believe they can. I know they can. Things have to go very right for them and I know that as well as anyone that is a true fan. Going into that enviroment is not going to be any picnic. I still hold my faith though. I am going to watch the game and expect it to be a good one.

*sigh* That hurt. It wasn't being beaten that hurt. It was the way they were beaten.

The Broncos beat the Patriots by forcing turnovers and making them work to their advantage. That goes to show that statistics don't always tell the tale.

I have to give credit to my boys for playing with a lot of heart and never giving up. The 2 forced fumbles were bad mistakes by Patriots players (2 hands on the ball running through traffic, dammit!) coupled with great, heads-up play on the ball by the Broncos. The Champ Bailey interception was an exceptional play on defense. Ben Watson saving the TD was one of the best plays I have ever seen on the football field. He has amazing speed. I thought the ball went at least over the pylon and should have gone the other way, but the video evidence was not conclusive.

Troy Brown muffed a punt return in a playoff game. I couldn't believe my eyes.

The only major complaint I have was the bogus pass interference call on Samuel in the end zone. The receiver was manhandling the defender, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him for the last 15 yards of the play. That was a terrible call.

It wouldn't have mattered, though.

Without the turnovers this would have been a true domination by the Patriots. They played very well. Their defense was incredibly good. The offense moved the ball very well.

As thay say in coachspeak, though....That's why we play the games. And there is more than one way to win one.

Congrats Bronco Fans. We'll be back next year! :D

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Loaf knew he wasn't going to take the bet.  No one in their right mind would take that bet for the exact reasons that Pedroz pointed out.  However, I would bet that Menudo would take the bet with the points.  I'll take the bet with the points.  I already have some action on this game but I really do like the points.  In fact, I will be very happy and only a little surprised if the Steelers win today.  I happen to really believe they can.  I know they can.  Things have to go very right for them and I know that as well as anyone that is a true fan.  Going into that enviroment is not going to be any picnic.  I still hold my faith though.  I am going to watch the game and expect it to be a good one.

1266384[/snapback]

:D Well said, my thoughts exactly.

Seems to me no one gave Denver much of a chance to win their game either. Don't get me wrong....I'd LOVE to see the Steelers win...and I'll be that screaming fan in front of the TV. But a good gambler never bets with his/her heart. :D

That being said....just the fact that no one is giving Pitt a chance to win is reason enough to make this bet. The time off.....the hype....maybe even a little letdown in not getting NE on it's own turf in the playoffs....I dunno. Indy could very well lay an egg in the first half....and if it's close at halftime.....I think they are in trouble.

I thought Bill looked shell-shocked at the press conference. I'd agree with him that the Asante Samuel interference call was BS....but at the time, that only made the score 7-3. Hardly a call to hang your hat on as losing you the game. Quite honestly....you can't blame him for being PO'd. 5 turnovers is hardly NE ball. Hard to keep coming back from those. I don't think Denver recorded any sacks....but they were in Brady's face constantly and Denver's special teams....were just more special last night.

Started out frustrating.....but what a good game to watch!

I don't think Denver recorded any sacks....but they were in Brady's face constantly

1266519[/snapback]

Brady took some serious (but legitimate) hits as he released the ball. I thought he did extremely well in the face of a lot of pressure. I know he had two INTs but the last was desperation - well over 300 yards and a TD ain't to be sneezed at.

Seems to me no one gave Denver much of a chance to win their game either. 

1266519[/snapback]

Umm...Denver was favored. And the money line was in favor of Denver. That only happens when a lot of people give them a good chance to win. So, your perception in this case is incorrect.

The Steelers, on the other hand, are being given little chance to win.

Umm...Denver was favored.  And the money line was in favor of Denver.  That only happens when a lot of people give them a good chance to win.  So, your perception in this case is incorrect.

The Steelers, on the other hand, are being given little chance to win.

1266530[/snapback]

and they won't. :D

Big resepect and admiration for the Pats and what they have done over last 5-6 years ...but man they fell hard last night and it was more of their doing than anything Broncos did ...too many mistakes and missed opportunities ...a very un Bleichick type of game ...I am sure they will be back however