[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One year ago today...

sunysteelfly76

Congrats to Suny and anyone else that was successful in this thread and good luck to the others.

Never got addicted to smoking even though I gave it my all when I was younger. :D

My body just doesn't like it.

It is.  The physical addiction to nicotine is gone relatively quick, it's the mental part that keeps people going back.  This is how my doctor described it to me:  "Nicotine goes immediately to the pleasure receptor of the brain.  When you have Welbutrin in your system there is no place for the nicotine to go because it's(Welbutrin) already there, breaking the mental addiction."  That being said, I have no idea why one doesn't get addicted to Welbutrin. :D

edit: you only take Welbutrin for 6 months, you're on your own after that.

1266646[/snapback]

:D:D:D

My doctor only prescribed me the Welbutrin for 1 month. :D

Congrats suny. For me its about 5 years almost to the day. I did it a few weeks before my oldest was born. I used the patch..Whatever works best for you is the best way to quit. I dont care how you do it..Nice going suny..

Good job sunysteelfly!  My wife is looking for idea's so I will pass this one off to her.  She thinks going to see a Hypnotist is the way to go but I don't buy it.

1268510[/snapback]

I guarantee that it's the day that your wife wants to quit is the day that she'll quit. Up until that point it's all lip service. A hypnotist isn't going to help if your wife hasn't decided, deep down inside, that she's going to quit. Something like Welbutrin is probably a better course of action for her. Of course, you can't just replace one chemical with another and think that all is going to be OK. There's still some will power on the individual's part that needs to be exercised.

BTW, congrats suny. 15 years and I've been mostly clean for the last 12 years. But the "occasional smoke" has turned into the "beer smoker" has turned into the "away from the wife" smoker. I have got to be far more diligent in ignoring the habit.

Ok, I was going to let this "back patting thread for the weak" pass by, but I simply cannot. First, you are all idiots for ever starting smoking. You knew it was a very nasty habit with very harmful health consequences when you first picked up a cig. And yet you did it anyway. Then many years later you decide you want to quit. But you dont have the strength or will power to do it. You really put your mind to it time and time and time again, but you fail because you are weak. You are pea brained and cant control your own behavior. So, you try some other crutch to get you off this crutch. And you continue to fail. not because you are physically incapable. but because you are weak minded fools. You are losers with no will power. You are proud of yourselves for quitting something you should have never started in the first place. And after numerous attempts, and failures, you finally overcome your weak mind and lack of discipline to quit? Well woo ti doo! Yall are pathetic and I for one wont be joining your circle jerk of the lame.

...I smoked my last cigarette. :D I smoked for over 20 years.  For anyone looking to quit, Welbutrin gets my emdorsement.  :D 

There was a thread about this (quitting) around this time last year.  How are all the other "quitters" doing?

edit: maybe this will be some good karma for the Steelets today.

1266463[/snapback]

Great news. I quit 20+ years ago and congratulations. Do you have kids that may be smokers? :D

Ok, I was going to let this "back patting thread for the weak" pass by, but I simply cannot.  First, you are all idiots for ever starting smoking.  You knew it was a very nasty habit with very harmful health consequences when you first picked up a cig.  And yet you did it anyway.  Then many years later you decide you want to quit.  But you dont have the strength or will power to do it.  You really put your mind to it time and time and time again, but you fail because you are weak.  You are pea brained and cant control your own behavior.  So, you try some other crutch to get you off this crutch.  And you continue to fail.  not because you are physically incapable.  but because you are weak minded fools.  You are losers with no will power.  You are proud of yourselves for quitting something you should have never started in the first place.  And after numerous attempts, and failures, you finally overcome your weak mind and lack of discipline to quit?  Well woo ti doo!  Yall are pathetic and I for one wont be joining your circle jerk of the lame.

1270269[/snapback]

Aw yer just awnry cause yer gonna get beat up by H8tank :D:D