[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning

giantsfan

How many times do we need to see him and his team come up small in a big spot. Whether it's Tenn winning the NC with Tee Martin the year after he left, or Tenn NEVER beating Fla with him at QB, or him losing time after time to NE, and now today, this guy just does NOT win big games period. He doesn't play smart in big spots. 3rd and 2 WHY are they in the gun? Why not give Edge the ball and get the 1st, or at the VERY least be under C and make them think run is possible. But no Manning always trys for more. The # 1 objective BY FAR there is get the 1st, but not for Manning. Earlier it's 3rd and inches and what happens they are in the gun. Again WHY? Until the Colts stop trying to play pretty football and actually play the game right they will lose in big spots time and time again. All I can say for now is ENOUGH with Manning. He is overrated and fails in big spots ALL the time. The Colts are a bully team that losses games when teams stare them in the eye. Manning can throw 60 TD's next year and it doesn't matter. Win a big game once please and stop trying to out think everyone and play smart. Run the ball more and don't always go from the gun on 3rd and short PLEASE.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning will end up with  more SB rings than Roeth and Marino combined.

1267411[/snapback]

This same thing gets said EVERY year and yet EVERY year he and they lose. When do we stop saying this? When he's 35? And considering combined Ben and Marino have ZERO SB rings that statement can certainly come true, but that isn't the point. The point is the guy NEVER wins big games. Not if he gets 1 ring or not. Marino made a SB and won other playoff games. Manning's playoff wins were all easy against bad D's. Get them in a close game and they lose period.

Marino maybe, but Roethlisberger... NOT!

1267418[/snapback]

Cowher - 1-4 in AFC Championship games, 0-1 in Super Bowls.

He seems to have a case of "Manning-itis" himself...

Cowher - 1-4 in AFC Championship games, 0-1 in Super Bowls.

He seems to have a case of "Manning-itis" himself...

1267433[/snapback]

We seemed to get away from the point here. Cowher loses in big spots also but he isn't the greatest QB in the league, the MVP, the all-world wonderful godlike QB like Manning gets treated like.

No QB would have won facing that much pressure the entire game.

1267444[/snapback]

True but why is it only in the playoffs this happens to Indy? Their whole team is soft that's why. If they can't win this year when they were BY FAR the best team and finally had HF when will they win? And no more well it's NE in NE because now it's Pitt who always seems to get beat in big playoff spots and they won IN Indy.

True but why is it only in the playoffs this happens to Indy? Their whole team is soft that's why. If they can't win this year when they were BY FAR the best team and finally had HF when will they win? And no more well it's NE in NE because now it's Pitt who always seems to get beat in big playoff spots and they won IN Indy.

1267463[/snapback]

yep, this game should have been called the Choke Bowl.

Manning CHOKED!  Better luck next year w/o Edge.

1267475[/snapback]

You want to know what a person who has NO rooting interest in Indy good or bad thinks? Until they stop trying to outsmart everyone and playing soft finesse football like SG on 3rd and inches or 3rd and 2, they will NOT win a darn thing. They need to re-tool the O, get a real FB, and run the ball with Edge 20-25 times EVERY game, and maybe just maybe not be soft every time. Like maybe 3rd and 2 late in the game you line up under C and actually try to get the 1st not 25 yards.

You want to know what a person who has NO rooting interest in Indy good or bad thinks? Until they stop trying to outsmart everyone and playing soft finesse football like SG on 3rd and inches or 3rd and 2, they will NOT win a darn thing. They need to re-tool the O, get a real FB, and run the ball with Edge 20-25 times EVERY game, and maybe just maybe not be soft every time. Like maybe 3rd and 2 late in the game you line up under C and actually try to get the 1st not 25 yards.

1267500[/snapback]

Wait just an f'n minute. Everyone was calling this group the BEST OFFENSE EVER, prior to today's game. Now, all of a sudden.... They need changes???? Amazing what a playoff a$$-beating will do.

Wait just an f'n minute.  Everyone was calling this group the BEST OFFENSE EVER, prior to today's game.  Now, all of a sudden.... They need changes????  Amazing what a playoff a$$-beating will do.

1267509[/snapback]

That was MY opinion not everyone's. If you have seen my posts on the Colts O the past 2 years I have said this TIME and TIME again. I did NOT say they were the greatest O ever. I have ALWAYS said they were a bully team who cowers in big spots and won't win until they start playing some tough real football.

Edited by giantsfan

That was MY opinion not everyone's. If you have seen my posts on the Colts O the past 2 years I have said this TIME and TIME again.  I did NOT say they were the greatest O ever. I have ALWAYS said they were a bully team who cowers in big spots and won't win until they start playing some tough real football.

1267519[/snapback]

Wasn't referring to you, specifically. I was referring to EVERY media-type covering the playoffs.

This may sound crazy but Manning may actually be too good for his own good. Instead of playing smart normal football he thinks the best option is to just keep throwing and throwing. As the season went on he threw more and more. Today he threw a TON. He may actually outsmart himself and be too good for his own good.

And for the record obviously Manning is a great QB, but he isn't the smartest QB and I think that's clear.

This may sound crazy but Manning may actually be too good for his own good. Instead of playing smart normal football he thinks the best option is to just keep throwing and throwing. As the season went on he threw more and more. Today he threw a TON. He may actually outsmart himself and be too good for his own good.

And for the record obviously Manning is a great QB, but he isn't the smartest QB and I think that's clear.

1267550[/snapback]

Then, who is the smartest QB?