[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning

giantsfan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was MY opinion not everyone's. If you have seen my posts on the Colts O the past 2 years I have said this TIME and TIME again.  I did NOT say they were the greatest O ever. I have ALWAYS said they were a bully team who cowers in big spots and won't win until they start playing some tough real football.

1267519[/snapback]

I think this loss can be handed to the "Much improved Indy def". It was obvious they came to stop the Pit running game, but were completely suprised and unprepared when Pit refused to co-operate by throwing on 1st and 2nd downs, running up a 14 pt lead early.

I think this loss can be handed to the "Much improved Indy def". It was obvious they came to stop the Pit running game, but were completely suprised and unprepared when Pit refused to co-operate by throwing on 1st and 2nd downs, running up a 14 pt lead early.

1267568[/snapback]

Or maybe, just maybe, Indy didn't lose the game - Pittsburgh won it.

Brady and Ben certainly are 2 of them and I dislike both of them. Look people make mistakes but Manning doesn't play smart. He never does in big spots. Again 3rd and 2 SG 15 yard pass is NOT smart football. First objective is get the 1st. Be under C and run or at least give the thought of run to the D, but no not Manning always goes for the big play and that is NOT smart there.

Or maybe, just maybe, Indy didn't lose the game - Pittsburgh won it.

1267570[/snapback]

True. I meant no disrespect to Pit. It just seemed to me to be a good game plan by cower( :D ), and a lack of ability by the Colts def to change it up during the course of the game. Cohwer saw a weakness and did a good job of exploiting it.

giantsfan dislikes Brady, Roeth, AND Manning?

Sounds like someone is bitter that his team blows.

1267593[/snapback]

I respect you Chavez but this may be the DUMBEST thing you ever said. What do the Giants have to do with this. They were awful last week and that's that. Why would I be bitter. They sucked and got whipped period. And while I may not like Ben, Brady, or Peyton I said clear as day they are all good and great in Brady's and Manning's cases so how is that bitter? I don't have to like them but I do have to call a spade a spade and say they are all good or great. If I was on here saying they all sucked THEN you'd have a very valid point. I don't have to like someone to respect the heck out of them.

Brady and Ben certainly are 2 of them and I dislike both of them. Look people make mistakes but Manning doesn't play smart. He never does in big spots. Again 3rd and 2 SG 15 yard pass is NOT smart football. First objective is get the 1st. Be under C and run or at least give the thought of run to the D, but no not Manning always goes for the big play and that is NOT smart there.

1267571[/snapback]

Wrong. The smartest QB in the league is Chad Pennington. The guy parlays seven or eight decent starts into a $64 million contract, then takes a 2 year vacation and now may never have to take another hit in the NFL.

Now that's smart. :D

Wrong.  The smartest QB in the league is Chad Pennington.  The guy parlays seven or eight decent starts into a $64 million contract, then takes a 2 year vacation and now may never have to take another hit in the NFL.

1267621[/snapback]

:D:D:D

Wrong.  The smartest QB in the league is Chad Pennington.  The guy parlays seven or eight decent starts into a $64 million contract, then takes a 2 year vacation and now may never have to take another hit in the NFL.

1267621[/snapback]

LOL...true

Manning 38 passes

Edge 13 rushes

That says it all and is a COMPLETE 180 from what they did most of the year at least early. Yet in big games what happens Manning becomes Manning and throws pass after pass. Same old Colts.

1267531[/snapback]

I've felt that way about Manning the last couple of years. Part of it today may have been the way the Steelers came out and stuck it too them and got the early lead. Manning thought he was in for a shootout. Interesting that they finally start moving the ball when they mix it up with Edge. Then they come out in the second half and abandon the run again. I didn't feel the colts really started having success in the passing game until late when Pittsburgh was trying to preserve the lead and not give up the big play.

I've felt that way about Manning the last couple of years. Part of it today may have been the way the Steelers came out and stuck it too them and got the early lead. Manning thought he was in for a shootout. Interesting that they finally start moving the ball when they mix it up with Edge. Then they come out in the second half and abandon the run again. I didn't feel the colts really started having success in the passing game until late when Pittsburgh was trying to preserve the lead and not give up the big play.

1267654[/snapback]

Exactly. When they drove 90 + yards for the FG that was the ONE drive where Edge actually got the ball. I'd say half his carries were on that one drive and surprise they went down the field. You are also right on. Why Pitt changed from an attacking D to a 3 man rush is beyond me. That's when Indy showed some O other then when they ran. IMO the ONLY way to play Indy is to get pressure on Manning. To me if you rush 2 or 3 you are doomed because simply put Manning if given enough time WILL find an open receiver period.

Considering Cowher's record in the AFC championships and SB, I think that it's more of a direct hit....

1267738[/snapback]

I agree that Cowher has been outcoached in AFC Championships, however, at least they are in the AFC Championship. Nobody expected them to beat Indy, so to be one of the final four teams, when they were 7-5 and fighting for their playoff hopes is one h-ell of an accomplishment.

Manning's quick release just wasn't there today. His head musta not been there today being a big game and all. I've seen plenty of games where teams can't get a hit on him. He can be very quick getting the ball out.

Pittsburgh did one heck of a job disguising those blitzes though, PIT antiicapted Manning's barking and all the players would fake like they're going to blitz.

But it's just another loss in the playoffs for this guy, same old story every year. You start to wonder if he will get a SuperBowl victory

Manning's quick release just wasn't there today.  His head musta not been there today being a big game and all.  I've seen plenty of games where teams can't get a hit on him.  He can be very quick getting the ball out. 

Pittsburgh did one heck of a job disguising those blitzes though, PIT antiicapted Manning's barking and all the players would fake like they're going to blitz. 

But it's just another loss in the playoffs for this guy, same old story every year.  You start to wonder if he will get a SuperBowl victory

1268499[/snapback]

The Colts just got man handled on the line of scrimmage today. Manning had no time to do nothing. the defense got them behind early and excellent defensive game planning by Pitt paid off.

Congrats Pitt fans. you played great today.

actually Eli is according to this, grant it they do throw up a disclaimer that it might not be 100% accuarate...few funny tidbits, read Akili Smith and Cullpeppers footnotes :P

this site redirects you to a more permanent home that wouldnt work for me...i just hit my browsers stop button before it did to view the current page

NFL QB Wonderlic scores

Does anyone else think that it would have been hard to explain what was going on when Manning sent the punt team back and went for the first down.

Who is really running that team?

Tony Dungy reminds me of the coach from "The Waterboy," Coach Cline. He just stands there doing nothing waiting for Manning to coach the team. When Vanderjagt missed that field goal to lose the game I actually saw him walk away from the sideline and hide on the bench. IMO I think Coach Dungy needs to get his manhood back just like Coach Cline did. :D