[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers or Seahawks

isleseeya

Seahawks at home with Alexander able and ready to go will be very tough..I at times this year posted negative stuff but i was wrong as Seattle is a very solid team ...Panthers however are very dangerous and balanced ...and feeling pretty confident after winning two games on the road

I think it will be a great game ...if i had to pick i will say Panthers 24-20 in a barnburner

Hrmm..after the way WAS had the running scared, with NO OFFENSE..i'll say CAR 27-23 in a close one..all the way downt to under 1:00 in the 4th...

1268068[/snapback]

When did WAS had the running scared? And what does that mean, anyway?

WAS had a chance in the beginning...SEA looked flat, and WAS with no Offense, didn't look out of it, till after the 3rd...They weren't scaring anybody after the half, but in the beginning, they had a chance...I think CAR can truly bring the pain. I'd rather CAR goto SEA then have WAS come to CAR, WAS loooked rabid..just no offense to match Hass...that's all

Not being a homer, just think it can be done. however...

I dont like CAR having to go all the way to SEA for this game, but if ANYBODY can win, its CAR...

Hrmm..after the way WAS had the running scared, with NO OFFENSE..i'll say CAR 27-23 in a close one..all the way downt to under 1:00 in the 4th...

1268068[/snapback]

?

Seattle turned it over 3 times, Washington zero, and Seattle won by 10 points.

I have no idea what you mean, but it should be a very tight game and neither team should survive a 3 turnover margin this week.

?

Seattle turned it over 3 times, Washington zero, and Seattle won by 10 points. 

I have no idea what you mean, but it should be a very tight game and neither team should survive a 3 turnover margin this week.

1268331[/snapback]

I meant NO OFFENSE from WAS..they couldn't capitalize on those turnovers...If CAR can create those turnovers (which I think they can) I think they will capitilize, and by them, I mean Smith :D

Well Foster is out with broken ankle ..that just makes it harder for Panthers ..although Goings can be very effective

I still think Panthers may squeak it out ..then again if Shawks find a way to stop Steve Smith ( he is a beast ) , seattle may win big

Should be interesting

This is a very scary game for Seattle. Everyone here was rooting for Chicago to win yesterday. (I was rooting for Chi because of rockn' and his bet.)

With the loss of Foster Carolina is looking a little bit less of a scare from my view. Say what you will about all the other RB's they have, Foster would have caused some problems for Seattle as he is a pass catcher.

Seattle will have some illegal contacts, PI's, and holding calls when it comes to Smith. However.... as good as Smith is (impressive to say the least), I'm not sure how tough he is. One good (legal) layout by Tatupu and we could see Smith cringing on every pass thrown his way thereafter.

Alexander will have 15 runs of 2-3 yards.... but he will also have at least 2 of 20+. He does have Strong, Jones, et. al. blocking for him and Hass will keep the D honest.

Goings will have to be at the top of his game, and I mean the top of his A game, to do damage to the Seattle D. He will need some of those D-Class WR's that Carolina has to step up and open things up for himself.

See this as a very, very, close game.

Last mistake type of game.

Well, assuming SA plays which he has to in order for Sea to win. I think the Hawks will be able to pull it out- but it is gonna be a back and forth type game for sure. From what I saw of Goings, not a huge drop off from Foster- guy is a solid back, gets up field and runs hard.

Seattle 31

Carolina 27

has the makings of a high scoring game

IMO...he's also a better pass receiver than Foster...

1269061[/snapback]

He is, but I think what makes him most effective is the change of pace. When Goings comes in after Foster, he looks downright explosive. But without that changeup, Goings looks pretty ordinary to me, and he's certainly no Portis, who the Hawks bottled up nicely.

Edited by Bonehand

I think it comes down to this. If Steve Smith and Jake Delhomme are on AGAIN, I think the Panthers can win the game. It should be a great one, and I'll take the Panthers +4.

This is a very scary game for Seattle. Everyone here was rooting for Chicago to win yesterday.  (I was rooting for Chi because of rockn' and his bet.)

With the loss of Foster Carolina is looking a little bit less of a scare from my view. Say what you will about all the other RB's they have, Foster would have caused some problems for Seattle as he is a pass catcher.

Seattle will have some illegal contacts, PI's, and holding calls when it comes to Smith. However.... as good as Smith is (impressive to say the least), I'm not sure how tough he is. One good (legal) layout by Tatupu and we could see Smith cringing on every pass thrown his way thereafter.

Alexander will have 15 runs of 2-3 yards.... but he will also have at least 2 of 20+. He does have Strong, Jones, et. al. blocking for him and Hass will keep the D honest.

Goings will have to be at the top of his game, and I mean the top of his A game, to do damage to the Seattle D. He will need some of those D-Class WR's that Carolina has to step up and open things up for himself.

See this as a very, very, close game.

Last mistake type of game.

1268999[/snapback]

I think you're right on the money here. Although Goings is a threat in the passing game also. I noticed last year Goings was at his best when he was able to prepare to be the starter, so hopefully the same is the case this year. I dont have enough faith in Foster to think he was a cog in anything, although his last few games, he seemed to run EXTRA hard. Thus, he got hurt again!

I just don't see how SEA can cover smith, but if they figure it out, CAR gets BLOWN OUT, without a doubt. Good post :D

IMO...he's also a better pass receiver than Foster...

1269061[/snapback]

I would agree with this. Only lately (last 3 games actually) Foster seemed to be giving an extra effort. (why he would wait, I'll never know. Probably to try and stay healthy) I just hope that Goings, knowing he'll be the featured back, will prepare himself to to do the same.

He showed up big time last year, so I think he'll do fine.

He is, but I think what makes him most effective is the change of pace. When Goings comes in after Foster, he looks downright explosive. But without that changeup, Goings looks pretty ordinary to me, and he's certainly no Portis, who the Hawks bottled up nicely.

1269070[/snapback]

Any thoughts on Rod Smart and how he could fare against them? I know he's not an exceptional back,(by exceptional, I mean, a starter :D) but I think he could be a nice change of pace. Maybe put him in on a series, with Goings still the 3rd down back... your thoughts?

Goings is better up the gut and more tough, but isn't as fast as Foster.

Foster being out isn't the problem. The problem for Carolina is having to give carries to Jamal Robertson who can give up a fumble much easier.

1269842[/snapback]

I dont see many of those plays. I think Goings can be the full time back, and even a little Smart in there...maaaaayybe But that's a pretty valid point..I have to mull that one over...PantherDave? your thoughts?

I dont see many of those plays. I think Goings can be the full time back, and even a little Smart in there...maaaaayybe But that's a pretty valid point..I have to mull that one over...PantherDave? your thoughts?

1269849[/snapback]

The running game will be fine next week, as Delhomme and Goings put the Panthers on their back in 2004 and nearly made the PO's. With the way the O line is playing right now nearly anybody RB with some talent could excell, as the front five is playing lights out right now-and that is key to any running game in the NFL. Peace PD.

The running game will be fine next week, as Delhomme and Goings put the Panthers on their back in 2004 and nearly made the PO's. With the way the O line is playing right now nearly anybody RB with some talent could excell, as the front five is playing lights out right now-and that is key to any running game in the NFL. Peace PD.

1269857[/snapback]

excellent point. I was AMAZED at how much time Delhomme had in the pocket...and perhaps that IS why Foster has been more productive...:D This team just seems to click better as the seasons progress...

WAS had a chance in the beginning...SEA looked flat, and WAS with no Offense, didn't look out of it, till after the 3rd...They weren't scaring anybody after the half, but in the beginning, they had a chance...

I'm not sure what you're referring to. The Redskins moved the ball somewhat effectively in the 2nd half. They had 16 total yards in the first quarter.