[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joey Porter Is At It Again

Menudo

First off, you all know my take on Joey Porter. He is a great player, but, I'm not a big fan of his constant chatter both on and off the field. I do have to say, after opening his mouth, in what I still think were assanine statements, he did step up and play one heck of a game. Now, he is commenting on the refs in the Colts game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/n...tory?id=2294214

Porter on refs: 'I felt they were cheating us'ESPN.com news services

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is not known to shy away from a microphone, and that might make him a little lighter in the wallet after his comments after Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts.

“ When they did that, they really want Peyton Manning and these guys to win the Super Bowl. They are just going to straight take it for them. I felt that they were like 'We don't even care if you know we're cheating. We're cheating for them.' ”

— Joey Porter, in The New York Times, after Troy Polamalu's interception was reversed.

When Troy Polamalu's fourth-quarter interception was overturned by referee Pete Morelli, Porter felt the Steelers were facing opponents on two fronts: the Colts and the refs.

"I know they wanted Indy to win this game," Porter told The New York Times. "The whole world loves Peyton Manning, but come on man, don't take the game away from us.

"I felt they were cheating us. When the interception happened, everybody in the world knew that was an interception. Don't cheat us that bad. When they did that, they really want Peyton Manning and these guys to win the Super Bowl. They are just going to straight take it for them. I felt that they were like 'We don't even care if you know we're cheating. We're cheating for them.' "

Porter

Porter said he was relieved in more ways than one when Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt missed a 46-yard field goal try with 21 seconds left that would have tied the score.

"The way the refs were going, I wouldn't have trusted them in overtime," Porter told the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. "If we hadn't won, they would have cheated us in overtime."

No doub there were some terrible calls in the game...still would have been better not to speak out about the refs. Gonna cost him some $$$.

1269562[/snapback]

And as a Pitt fan I would now worry that it may influence other Refs in other games. This is a very high profile snafu that is going to get a lot of press, IMO.

And as a Pitt fan I would now worry that it may influence other Refs in other games.  This is a very high profile snafu that is going to get a lot of press, IMO.

1269565[/snapback]

I was just saying it would have been better for Porter personally not to speak out about the calls, since the league will fine him. I dont think his comments will influence the refs at all.

What was the over under on the score for the game? I wonder if that final TD by the Colts helped at all?

The nfl should investigate referee Morelli to see if he is one of those 'insiders' that are affiliated with one of those guaranteed lead pipe lock pick services :D

Porter is a jacka$$....if the NFL truly wanted Indy to win, then why wasn't PI called in the endzone on Reggie Wayne with about 30 seconds to go. I'm not saying it should have been called, but if they truly were trying to "cheat" the Steelers, they could have called that.

I like Big Ben, Troy P, Bettis, FWP, but I can't stand this a$$hole Joey Porter...hopefully he gets his!

Porter is a jacka$$....if the NFL truly wanted Indy to win, then why wasn't PI called in the endzone on Reggie Wayne with about 30 seconds to go.  I'm not saying it should have been called, but if they truly were trying to "cheat" the Steelers, they could have called that.

I like Big Ben, Troy P, Bettis, FWP, but I can't stand this a$$hole Joey Porter...hopefully he gets his!

1270190[/snapback]

He might be a jacka$$, but he is right.

He is not right...if the refs truly wanted to "cheat" the Steelers, they could have done a helluva lot more than they did. 

Its a ridiculous statment.

1270233[/snapback]

I don't think it's ridiculous. That wasn't the only bad call they made which clearly favored Indy. The Polamalu reversal steals the cake, however. If that is not cheating, then what is it... a brain fart?

I don't think it's ridiculous.  That wasn't the only bad call they made which clearly favored Indy.  The Polamalu reversal steals the cake, however.  If that is not cheating, then what is it... a brain fart?

1270240[/snapback]

The refs made some mistakes, granted. But outside of the INT and the false start that wasnt called, I cant remember any REALLY bad calls. Maybe some here and there.

Bottom line, if the NFL and the refs truly wanted to "cheat" the Steelers, they wouldn't have won. They woudl have made every call they could against the Steelers to ensure that the game didnt start out 14-0, make sure it wasnt 21-3 at halftime.

Again, I'll ask the question, why wasn't pass interference called in the endzone against the guy defending Reggie Wayne. I personally did not think it was PI, but it was close enough where the call could be justified. IF they truly wanted to "cheat" they could have called that.

The refs made some mistakes, granted.  But outside of the INT and the false start that wasnt called, I cant remember any REALLY bad calls.  Maybe some here and there.

Bottom line, if the NFL and the refs truly wanted to "cheat" the Steelers, they wouldn't have won.  They woudl have made every call they could against the Steelers to ensure that the game didnt start out 14-0, make sure it wasnt 21-3 at halftime.

Again, I'll ask the question, why wasn't pass interference called in the endzone against the guy defending Reggie Wayne.  I personally did not think it was PI, but it was close enough where the call could be justified.  IF they truly wanted to "cheat" they could have called that.

1270251[/snapback]

You forgot about the Randel EL "mugging" obviously. That was a REALLY bad call.

The reason that PI wasn't called on Wayne was because it wasn't even close. The refs gave Indy every opportunity to take advantage of their "gifts" but were unable to do so. I guess that they had to draw a line somewhere.

Besides that, I know that calling the NFL "cheaters" is a bold statement. I do think, however, that the Ref, Morelli, is a cheater.

You forgot about the Randel EL "mugging" obviously.  That was a REALLY bad call.

The reason that PI wasn't called on Wayne was because it wasn't even close.  The refs gave Indy every opportunity to take advantage of their "gifts" but were unable to do so.  I guess that they had to draw a line somewhere. 

Besides that, I know that calling the NFL "cheaters" is a bold statement.  I do think, however, that the Ref, Morelli, is a cheater.

1270261[/snapback]

I'll give you that on the Randle El mugging. That was a pretty bad call. But the PI I refer to is alot closer than you think. At real speed, I thought it was PI. I've seen alot less called PI.

If they wanted to cheat, I just think they would have done it alot more subtly. Why would they wait to overturn an obvious interception that everyone can see plain as day? Why not call some "holds" on the O-line in the first two drives when Pitt got up 14-0? There is alot they could have done more subtly.

I will give the refs the benefit of the doubt, because I don't like to think officials have any rooting interest in these games. The Polamalu play was the worst call I've ever seen, and the Randle-El interception was pretty bad as well, but, I will just consider them big mistakes made by the officials.

As for Porter, I love the way he plays, I love his passion and leadership, but, I wish he would keep his mouth shut, and hope he does this week.

This team seems to have an inferiority complex or something, and is the must atypical Steelers team I can recall. How many times will we read about one of them whinning about some injustice? Blah, blah, blah. You freaking won. Win with some class and move on. Its beyond me how they are winning while constantly checking the rear view mirror.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

This team seems to have an inferiority complex or something, and is the must atypical Steelers team I can recall.  How many times will we read about one of them whinning about some injustice?  Blah, blah, blah.  You freaking won.  Win with some class and move on.  Its beyond me how they are winning while constantly checking the rear view mirror.

1271524[/snapback]

An obviously bitter Bengal fna. 99% of the time, it is one person opening his mouth, Joey Porter. Other than Roethlisberger's comments, which I ripped him for regarding the hit on his shin, name me other time's where the Steelers showed an inferiority complex. I can't believe someone with a guy like Chad Johnson on his favorite team is talking about other team's jawing. :D

Also, show me when they aren't winning with class ?????? Watch yourself, your bitterness is showing.

Edited by Menudo