[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Norv Turner in San Fran

9ersdude

I don't like Norv Turner as an offensive coordinator. When he was here in Dallas he was calling plays for a team with what may have been one of the best O-Lines in history. Load left and run Emmitt there ... try and stop us. However, when the O-Line began to age Norv's lack of originality and creativity began to show and the Dallas offense became way too predictable and stoppable.

Clearly he is not head coach material either.

Considering the 49ers current state, I think it's good to bring in a guy with as much experience as Norv. But how long has it been since his presence has really made a difference in the win/loss column? (crickets chirping)

He was a coordinator a LOOOOoooonnnggg time ago.

But hey, best of luck to you.

1272210[/snapback]

Ummm, okay then. I am not a 49ers fan so his success or lack thereof will have minimal impact on me personally.

The real problem for them is the lack of talent, but Turner should be able to help.

Edited by Gdawg

We can't help but improve!  Only one way to go from the bottom ranked offense!

:D  :D  :D

How did you finish up the year in your leagues, Gdawg?

1272220[/snapback]

Hey Niners, ended up 3rd in one league, 2nd in another. How about you?

Hey Niners, ended up 3rd in one league, 2nd in another. How about you?

1272234[/snapback]

I ended up 3rd in my head to head league that ended with the regular season...not bad considering I had like the third lowest overall scoring team, but just seemed to always play the right teams at the right time to sneak into the playoffs...

I'm in a cummulative league that runs through the Super Bowl, which I am in second in currently, but going to have a hard time to hang on to. I had alot of Giants, Colts, and Patriots, so the playoffs have been rough on me. Only "player" I have left is Carolina's defense, while the guy who is chasing me as Big Ben, Hines, and Lelie left...hopefully I can hold him off!

:D

When was the last time Norv Turner was a successful OC without the benefit of an awesome line and great RB?

He is unimaginative and not creative ... load left ... that's what he's got ... if you got an offensive line and a RB that can execute that play then your set.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I ended up 3rd in my head to head league that ended with the regular season...not bad considering I had like the third lowest overall scoring team, but just seemed to always play the right teams at the right time to sneak into the playoffs...

I'm in a cummulative league that runs through the Super Bowl, which I am in second in currently, but going to have a hard time to hang on to.  I had alot of Giants, Colts, and Patriots, so the playoffs have been rough on me.  Only "player" I have left is Carolina's defense, while the guy who is chasing me as Big Ben, Hines, and Lelie left...hopefully I can hold him off!

1272258[/snapback]

I hear ya Niners, I'm in the same shape myself in my post season league. Good luck to ya :D

:D

When was the last time Norv Turner was a successful OC without the benefit of an awesome line and great RB?

He is unimaginative and not creative ... load left ... that's what he's got ... if you got an offensive line and a RB that can execute that play then your set.

1272265[/snapback]

An awesome line and great RB go a long way towards making a lot of coaches look like geniuses :D

I dunno Grits, maybe he will be a flop. Still, IMHO worth a shot. They can only go up from here.