[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vanderjagt's missed FG last week

Randall

Vanderjagt may be the "most accurate kicker in NFL history", but clutch he ain't.

He missed a FG in OT in the '00 play-offs at Miami that would have won the game.

He missed a FG in OT in the MNF comeback against TB, only to get another chance due to a "leaping" penalty. He doinked his second attempt in off the upright.

He missed a game-tying FG in the season opener in New England in '04.

He missed BADLY last Sunday.

He has made some game winning kicks in his days with the Colts (past-tense), but hasn't been able to do it with the pressure on. The only high pressure kick I can recall him making was the FG against Houston in the 2003 finale. If he makes it, the Colts win the AFC South and a home play-off game. If he misses, Tenn wins the South. He did make that one. My point is that he is a regular season stat machine as well.

Edit: I hear he's on Letterman tonight.

Edited by CaptainHook

I wonder if he was "liquored up" the night before the game.

All that crap from a couple of years ago about how Manning and Dungy didn't have the killer instinct all sounds kind of hollow about now. Making the 46 yard field goal during a playoff game is pretty much what you are getting paid for. Not too much killer instinct evident in the worst shank I have seen in 30 years of football.

And if he had missed it by a yard, or doinked it off the post, maybe we could all give him a pass. But that kick looked like something my kid might do.

I chalk it all up to karma. The referees called the worst game that I have seen in 30 years of football, and no way in hell did the Colts deserve to win that game. I was glad when he shanked it. The Colts were like a squirrel that got half mashed on the highway, thrashing about just praying for the next car to finish the job. They needed to be put out of their misery and Vanderjagt mercifully pulled the trigger.

The Colts got exactly what they deserved. They wanted to be well rested for the playoffs, were they ever. Any time you take time off like they chose to, you run the risk of being flat, like they were. As far as Vandy missing, you knew he would, the Manning/Vandy feud is why he cant make pressure kicks, cause its the only time his kicking even matters to a team that usually wins by 10. You could see it in his face, he was going to shank that kick, and rightfully so, just like Owens poor Vandy got a bad rap. I personally think HE WAS RIGHT when he said that Dungy and Manning cant win the big game, have they yet?

And no offense to the dead, but what in the hell was Dungys idiot kid thinking, ya ill committ suicide 2 weeks before the playoffs. I dont feel the least bit sorry for some brat who kills himself without even having a thought about his friends and or family. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh im a rich punk who cant handle life, i know, ill die, and ruin the Colts title dreams all in one shot, a parting gift for papa. Nice work idiot, enjoy the afterlife!

1277268[/snapback]

You wanna argue badly huh?

The Colts got exactly what they deserved. They wanted to be well rested for the playoffs, were they ever. Any time you take time off like they chose to, you run the risk of being flat, like they were. As far as Vandy missing, you knew he would, the Manning/Vandy feud is why he cant make pressure kicks, cause its the only time his kicking even matters to a team that usually wins by 10. You could see it in his face, he was going to shank that kick, and rightfully so, just like Owens poor Vandy got a bad rap. I personally think HE WAS RIGHT when he said that Dungy and Manning cant win the big game, have they yet?

And no offense to the dead, but what in the hell was Dungys idiot kid thinking, ya ill committ suicide 2 weeks before the playoffs. I dont feel the least bit sorry for some brat who kills himself without even having a thought about his friends and or family. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh im a rich punk who cant handle life, i know, ill die, and ruin the Colts title dreams all in one shot, a parting gift for papa. Nice work idiot, enjoy the afterlife!

1277268[/snapback]

You're an ass.

The Colts got exactly what they deserved. They wanted to be well rested for the playoffs, were they ever. Any time you take time off like they chose to, you run the risk of being flat, like they were.  Nice work idiot, enjoy the afterlife!

1277268[/snapback]

UglyTuna, is that you?

1277268[/snapback]

You are either on crack or fishing (albeit in a repulsive manner). Or is it a little of Column A and a little of Column B? :D

Awesome!  Vandy made a 46 yarder on the street wearing jeans on the David Letterman show last night.  Perhaps I can petition the NFL to allow it to count!

1277578[/snapback]

So the score was Vandy 3, Letterman 0? Man, glad I had the under on that game :D

Awesome!  Vandy made a 46 yarder on the street wearing jeans on the David Letterman show last night.  Perhaps I can petition the NFL to allow it to count!

1277578[/snapback]

:D

Really?

Why would he go on Lettermann? He should be feeling shame, not on a PR trip.

:D

Really?

Why would he go on Lettermann? He should be feeling shame, not on a PR trip.

1277609[/snapback]

I thought the same thing. But after watching it last night, Vandy handled it well. Letterman is from Indianapolis (My mom went to Sunday school with him). Dave has been KILLING the Colts all week (deservedly so). It was a good interview.