[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Free Masons in here?

cliaz

I have been a free mason for 4 years now. Not too many of them around.

1280980[/snapback]

serious question. is there a secret handshake, or at least some sort of thing freemasons can subtly doo to recognize other freemasons from around the world?

They actually advertise for members on the radio now. What kind of crazy world is this that a secret organization recruits on the radio?

1281174[/snapback]

:D I was thinking the same thing. You have to stop listening to The Big Show, Czar. It's bad for your mental health.

I toured the mason's temple in Philadelphia with a group of colleagues.

The tour guide kept on regaling us with stories about the fraternity of this big happy family.

He's like "This man wanted to take his family to disneyland, and when he got there he found that there were no hotel rooms to be had, he went to hotel after hotel, always to find the same answer: we're booked. Until he gets to one hotel where the desk clerk says were booked, but then they identify each other as masons. And the clerk finds him a room. That's the kind of power of brotherhood"

And all I'm thinking is, this guy goes on vacation with his family and doens't think to make hotel reservations over the phone? :D

Furthermore, all I'm now thinking about the Jones family who DID make a resevation for a room at a hotel in Florida, only to find the masonic clerk at the front counter explaining how their reservation has been [airquotes] lost [/airquotes]

I've been thinking about asking to join.  Do you enjoy your time with them?

1281018[/snapback]

Yes I do enjoy my time with them. We only have 1 meeting a month from August to May. It is all about helping others. :D I have met many of my friends through my lodge.

serious question.  is there a secret handshake, or at least some sort of thing freemasons can subtly doo to recognize other freemasons from around the world?

1281032[/snapback]

Yes, there is a way we can recognize other free masons from anywhere. We are not at liberty to tell you exactly how. There are some things that just cannot be told. My wife gets so frustrated with me when she starts asking questions about what we do and I cannot tell her.

I've been a Mason since 2002. I'm 51 and I'm one of the YOUNGEST in our area. It appears that the Mason's are a disappearing breed.

They do many good works here also.

And they were EXTEMELY upset with that National Treasure stuff. Afraid the REAL secrets might become a movie. :D

I know very little about them, except they have a kick-ass hospital in Dallas that is treating my youngest son.  It is a charity hospital and they don't care if you make $1 or $1 million, it is all for the kids.  It is pretty amazing. :D

1281191[/snapback]

Isn't it the Shriners who do hospitals, or are they part of masons?

I've been thinking about asking because, as a lot of you already know, I do a lot of charity work on my own. I know here in Baltimore that the free masons pretty much support the Baltimore Childrens burn center themselves. So it would be nice to belong to a group that does charity work, helps others.

No I saw national treasure last year. :D