[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PBS

MojoMan

Do you like PBS?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like PBS?

• Yes, PBS provides great programming compared to the useless pap you get on network or most cable stations
    • No, PBS is a liberal, commie station. It's gummint funding should be pulled. The NEA should be destroyed too.

I love that show "A Man and His Wilderness" (or something like that).  That guy builds a log cabin by himself and basically lives alone of years & years documenting the whole thing.  For some reason I just can't change the station when it comes on.

1294573[/snapback]

oh that is a great show

also luv the british comodies

there are many

"noodlin" is a good doc... that u wont find anywere else

I love that show "A Man and His Wilderness" (or something like that).  That guy builds a log cabin by himself and basically lives alone of years & years documenting the whole thing.  For some reason I just can't change the station when it comes on.

1294573[/snapback]

that actually sounds pretty dang cool.

And I would like to add, that anyone that says NPC is hugely slanted to the left obviously does not listen. I was listening to the Leonard Lopet show today and he had an ex-congresswoman on who wanted to impeach Bush.

She was not given an easy time, at all.

Edited by Duchess Jack

PBS's childrens programming is pretty good. It teaches our children to love gay purple dinosauars, and flamming little creatures that can't talk. Seriously the childrens programing is pretty good, and probably would be picked up by other networks, if PBS were done away with. PBS, NPR, and the National Endowment for the "Arts" should be done away with. There is no reason tax payers should be paying for it. If what they provide has any value, then the commercial sector will pick them up, if a lot of their programing that is aimed towards adults is just liberal crap like a lot of us think it probably won't be picked up.

PBS's childrens programming is pretty good.  It teaches our children to love gay purple dinosauars, and flamming little creatures that can't talk.  Seriously the childrens programing is pretty good, and probably would be picked up by other networks, if PBS were done away with.  PBS, NPR, and the National Endowment for the "Arts" should be done away with.  There is no reason tax payers should be paying for it.  If what they provide has any value, then the commercial sector will pick them up, if a lot of their programing that is aimed towards adults is just liberal crap like a lot of us think it probably won't be picked up.

1300176[/snapback]

There's no f'n way the children's programming would survive as is on network tv. They'd have it ruined within a year.

I'm a small-government Libertarian who loves listening to NPR. If it were a matter of principle, I'd say cut funding. I usually take a more pragmatic view, though, and realize that NPR is a drop in the bucket compared to the budget as a whole. Given the wastefulness of the government, I'll withhold the axe from CPB until the larger, more aggregious offenders have been eliminated.

"The Arts" are important to society, and turning them into a commercial venture means it would no longer be art, but business.

Believe it or not, art for art's sake is a good thing to have. ANd when we're talking about potentially 2 trillion getting dropped into Iraq over the LONG haul (healthcare, anyone?) this whole debate is over a drop in the bucket.....

There's no f'n way the children's programming would survive as is on network tv. They'd have it ruined within a year.

1300242[/snapback]

Amen. Don't mess with my Children's Television Workshop and my Thomas the Tank Engine ...

"The Arts" are important to society, and turning them into a commercial venture means it would no longer be art, but business.

1300327[/snapback]

:D f'n idiot. art has ALWAYS been a "commercial venture" of one sort or another. even with government patronage it's a commercial venture. what the f*ck else do you call it when someone creates something because the government paid them to do it? it's only art if the government pays? and it's NOT business for the artist if the government pays? how many great artists made a living without a penny of government patronage, that would be a pretty long list...

Ponderous?  You apparently haven't read any Melville.

1300688[/snapback]

Melville's uber-ponderousness (did read Moby Dick but it was about 20 yrs back) doesn't make Thoreau any less so.