[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Henry Arrested Again

Jumpin Johnies

From Profootballtalk.com:

CHRIS HENRY BUSTED AGAIN

WPCO-TV in Cincinnati reports that Bengals receiver Chris Henry has been arrested in Orlando, Florida on "charges of possession of a concealed firearm, improper exhibition of a firearm and aggravated assault with a firearm."

Per the report, Henry was with a group of people early Saturday morning, and Henry's group was arguing with another group. A police offer stopped because a limo was blocking traffic, and the officer noticed that the argument might erupt into a fight. As the officer told the groups to break it up, he saw Henry pull a gun and point it at the other group.

(Editor's note: The fact that Henry would pull a gun in the presence of a cop goes a long way toward explaining his single-digit Wonderlic score.)

The officer told Henry to drop the gun, and Henry then threw it inside a nearby car. Although Henry denied having the weapon, police recovered a 9 mm Luger from the vehicle.

The Bengals have issued no comment. Dennis Janson of WCPO tells us that the team was not aware of the arrest before Janson informed the team of it on Monday afternoon.

Actually, we'd received a tip on Sunday afternoon regarding the arrest. But when we were told that Henry was wearing his Bengals jersey at the time of the incident, we thought we were being set up with a phony story.

The fact that Henry decided to "improperly exhibit" a firearm in Florida means that, if convicted, he's staring at a multi-year mandatory sentence, due to Florida's stringent gun laws. Apparently, Henry ignored our recent advice (scroll down for more) that anyone thinking about pointing a gun at someone in Florida should do it instead in Virginia, given the huge disparity between the worst-case scenarios that Redskins safety Sean Taylor and former Virginia Tech Marcus Vick are facing for virtually identical alleged crimes committed in Florida and Virginia, respectively.

And since the gun was pointed at a "group," it's possible that Henry eventually will face multiple counts of aggravated assault. Last week, prosecutors in Florida added two additional counts of aggravated assault to the single count that Taylor had been facing, since Taylor allegedly pointed a gun in June 2005 at a total of three people.

Henry was arrested in December for Josh Gordon possession. A third-round draft pick in 2005 from West Virginia, he had developed into the team's No. 3 receiver behind starters Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Prior to his December arrest, Henry generally had been well behaved -- despite having a reputation for being a major turd during his time in Morgantown.

omg, just another case of an NFL player who has it made, and goes and blows it all over something stupid. He'll probablay get off easy anyway though.

1296835[/snapback]

You're right. Any of us regular joes and janes would be doing jail time. :D

omg, just another case of an NFL player who has it made, and goes and blows it all over something stupid. He'll probablay get off easy anyway though.

1296835[/snapback]

Not so sure about that. If I remember correctly, someone said when the Taylor incident happened, that Florida was really cracking down on the firearm issue and looking to make an example. What better examples could you have than Taylor and Henry? :D

1296835[/snapback]

You're right.  Any of us regular joes and janes would be doing jail time.  :D

1296839[/snapback]

He was arrested in Florida. He is in some serious $hit.

Yeah, I know all about the Gun policies down here, I still say he gets off.

1296874[/snapback]

Yeah,a Florida prosecutor is going to go soft on an NFL player who neither resides or plays in Florida.Unless he gets very very lucky,his NFL career is over.

As a Bengals fan,I hope they nail him.The Bengals took a flyer and he let them,his family,and himself down.Way to waste away millions and a great career.I hope showing those guys that they better not mess with you was worth it.

What a moron.

Edited by Sox

He isn't Sean Taylor's cousin by any chance is he? :D

1296640[/snapback]

And where are the "set Sean Taylor free" advocates to say that "just pointing a gun at someone" in a confrontation doesn't seem to be much of an offense? Heck, sounds like Henry was just trying to exercise some crowd control until the police could arrive! :D

... recent Taylor thread ...

OH, and I get that me wearing a Steeeeeelers jersey in public is a bit dorky, but what of Henry being arrested wearing a Bengals jersey? Had he not done laundry? Does he actually roam the streets wearing his uniform? Was it a Chad Johnson replica jersey?? That's the best part of this story!!! :D

Not so sure about that.  If I remember correctly, someone said when the Taylor incident happened, that Florida was really cracking down on the firearm issue and looking to make an example.  What better examples could you have than Taylor and Henry? :D

1296864[/snapback]

Hmmmm ... There's always Allen Iverson looking for his wife? Marcus Vick hunting for the hamburgler? .... How about Puffy Combs looking ot impress JLo? Master P looking for some street cred? ... Naturally, Allen Henderson looking for an airplane seat and TJ Slaughter looking for a lane change are candidates ... Actually, Taylor looking for his ride and Henry looking for some social order rank right up there!! If it weren't a scarey trend, it'd be hilarious.

Hmmmm ... There's always Allen Iverson looking for his wife?  Marcus Vick hunting for the hamburgler?  .... How about Puffy Combs looking ot impress JLo?  Master P looking for some street cred? ... Naturally, Allen Henderson looking for an airplane seat and TJ Slaughter looking for a lane change are candidates ... Actually, Taylor looking for his ride and Henry looking for some social order rank right up there!! If it weren't a scarey trend, it'd be hilarious.

1297078[/snapback]

All of that wasn't in Florida though, was it

Next stop on the Henry train: the unemployment line.

Looks like the Bengals will be looking for a first day WR in the draft again this year. Coming back next year should only be CJ, Housh, Walter (not a bad possession guy), and Tab Perry (kick returner). They should let this idiot go, and I sincerely hope Kelly Washington is gone too. His on-field dance for every 7 yard out catch are pathetic.

Maybe I'll be holding onto Rudi in my keeper league after all...   :D

1297346[/snapback]

How does that directly affect Rudi?? I could see if it was Chris Perry, but I don't think Johnsons workload would increase that much if Henry were out.

Edited by Ziachild007

note to successful, young, budding NFL superstars -> don't leave your home with a gun. in fact, don't even buy a gun. don't leave your home with drugs. in fact, don't do drugs. don't get into fights with other people. in fact, avoid people you think you might get into fights with.

read this every morning and you should be ok.

why is this so hard?