[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grizzly Man

bushwacked

ya, i kept wanting to go to sleep and thought it was going to end but it just kept going and taking weird twists, i guess when you're left (alone) you can have some bizarre conversations with yourself.......it's on again tonight 8:00 eastern i believe.

Yeah, I watched it last night. I rented a few movies and ended up watching Grizzly Man...kind of like watching a train wreck...you know it ain't good what is gonna happen. I can appreciate his love for animals but the guy was definitely a loon.

Oh...and I liked it. :D

I saw one of the previews where it appears like he is actually approaching a bear in the wild! :D By approaching I mean, walking right up to a full grown grissley. Maybe I was seeing things because surely nobody is that stupid. hint to my urban yankee friends: :D Do not approach Bears in the wild. Not even little black bears. They can hurt you very badly. That is all...

saw it ...he definitely had problems and issues but what he did and or tried to do with those bears was amazing...he loved nature and wildlife ....but Nature can still surprise like when that one rogue bear attacked and killed him

I actually felt bad for him because he definitely seemed troubled

SPOILERS!

One of the movies I own. Its very interesting. I love the footage with the fox family that befriended him. In his defense, the guy was killed by a rogue. Thats not to say he wasn't still crazy but he understood the risk and accepted it. Laws are a little different in nature. You meet up with a hungry bear, you are dinner; pretty simple really.

SPOILERS!

One of the movies I own. Its very interesting. I love the footage with the fox family that befriended him. In his defense, the guy was killed by a rogue. Thats not to say he wasn't still crazy but he understood the risk and accepted it. Laws are a little different in nature. You meet up with a hungry bear, you are dinner; pretty simple really.

1305400[/snapback]

Like a hot chick in the movie "The Cave" says after someone says "we are now a part of the foodchain"..."We never left it."

The meek have already inherited the earth.

i read this book as a kid, it gave me nightmares. :D

Night of the Grizzlies - by Jack Olsen

Book Review, © Copyright 2000, Jim Loy

No bears had ever killed any human in Glacier National Park, until just after midnight on the morning of August 13, 1967, when two 19 year old women were killed in Glacier National Park, in Montana, by two grizzly bears, in two separate incidents. This is the absolutely terrifying story of these two deaths, followed by the deaths of five grizzly bears, one of which was shown to have killed one of the women. The author explains that deaths were the inevitable result of several factors: increasing camping and hiking in bear country, the park's allowing the dumping of garbage which attracted bears and made the bears expect food from human camps, the park's not dealing with incidents of aggressive bears, campers not sealing up and carrying out their garbage. Still the coincidence of two attacks on the same night is amazing. Since then the National Park Service has cleaned up its act. It relocates and electronically tracks troublesome bears, it enforces logical garbage policies, and it destroys aggressive bears. Disturbing as this practice of destroying bears may seem, it may be helping to preserve the wild grizzly in our parks.

I saw one of the previews where it appears like he is actually approaching a bear in the wild! :D  By approaching I mean, walking right up to a full grown grissley.  Maybe I was seeing things because surely nobody is that stupid.  hint to my urban yankee friends:  :D Do not approach Bears in the wild.  Not even little black bears.  They can hurt you very badly.  That is all...

1305349[/snapback]

:D Leave it to a Southern Activist to tell yankees about Grizzlies.