[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

should us christians riot cause of this....

dmarc117

What drives me nuts is that the Zionists who run Hollywood always try to portray Jesus as a Jew.

1310350[/snapback]

Jesus was almost certaintly Mexican. I've never met a Jew named Jesus.

The logic here is flawless...

------

Chief Minister Akram Durrani, the province's top elected official who led the rally, demanded the cartoonists ''be punished like a terrorist.''

''Islam is a religion of peace. It insists that all other religions and faiths should be respected,'' he told the crowd. ''Nobody has the right to insult Islam and hurt the feelings of Muslims.''

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/internatio...artner=homepage

Fight bad humor with more bad humor, I guess.

Iranian Paper Plans Holocaust Cartoons By NASSER KARIMI, Associated Press Writer

2 hours, 2 minutes ago

TEHRAN, Iran - A prominent Iranian newspaper said Tuesday it would hold a competition for cartoons on the Holocaust to test whether the West extends the principle of freedom of expression to the Nazi genocide as it did to the caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Hamshahri, one of Iran's largest papers, made clear the contest is a reaction to European newspapers' publication of Danish cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, which have led to demonstrations, boycotts and attacks on European embassies across the Islamic world. Several people have been killed.

Hundreds of Iranians hurled stones, and sometimes gasoline bombs, at the Danish and Austrian embassies in Tehran in protest against the cartoons Monday. Austria currently holds the European Union presidency.

The newspaper said the contest would be launched Monday and co-sponsored by the House of Caricatures, a Tehran exhibition center for cartoons. The paper and the cartoon center are owned by the Tehran Municipality, which is dominated by allies of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, well-known for his opposition to Israel.

Ahmadinejad, who was Tehran's mayor until being elected president in June, provoked outcries last year when he said on separate occasions that Israel should be "wiped off the map" and the Holocaust was a "myth."

Iran said last month it would sponsor a conference to examine the scientific evidence supporting the Holocaust, an apparent attempt to give voice to Holocaust deniers.

Hamshahri invited foreign cartoonists to enter the competition.

"Does the West extend freedom of expression to the crimes committed by the United States and Israel, or an event such as the Holocaust? Or is its freedom only for insulting religious sanctities?" Hamshahri wrote, referring to the Prophet Muhammad cartoons.

The cartoons were first published by a Danish newspaper in September. As Muslim protests mounted, numerous European newspapers have reprinted them in recent days in the name of free expression, provoking wider and angrier protests.

The drawings — including one depicting the prophet wearing a turban shaped as a bomb — have touched a raw nerve in part because Islam is interpreted to forbid any illustrations of the Prophet Muhammad for fear they could lead to idolatry.

White Riot - The Clash

White riot - I wanna riot

White riot - a riot of my own

Black man gotta lot a problems

But they don't mind throwing a brick

White people go to school

Where they teach you how to be thick

An' everybody's doing

Just what they're told to

An' nobody wants

To go to jail!

All the power's in the hands

Of people rich enough to buy it

While we walk the street

Too chicken to even try it

Everybody's doing

Just what they're told to

Nobody wants

To go to jail!

Are you taking over

or are you taking orders?

Are you going backwards

Or are you going forwards?

RIP Joe Strummer.

RIP Joe Strummer.

1311018[/snapback]

Is Joe Strummer dead? I was never a big fan, but love Mondo Bongo - Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros from the Mr. and Mrs. Smith Soundtrack.

Fight bad humor with more bad humor, I guess. 

Iranian Paper Plans Holocaust Cartoons By NASSER KARIMI, Associated Press Writer

that makes sense......danish people draw muhammed cartoons, so he attacks who??? the JEWS!!!!! riiiiight. This guy is Hitler reincarnated.

Edited by Meat Face

that makes sense......danish people draw muhammed cartoons, so he attacks who???  the JEWS!!!!!  riiiiight.  This guy is Hitler reincarnated.

1311051[/snapback]

I don't think he is actually attacking Jews here--He is more like the Iranian version of Spain declaring that the European media has a double-standard of being willing to offend Muslims while not being willing to offend Jews. He's coo-coo for cocoa-puffs for sure.

Guest THEbigred
The logic here is flawless...

------

Chief Minister Akram Durrani, the province's top elected official who led the rally, demanded the cartoonists ''be punished like a terrorist.''

''Islam is a religion of peace. It insists that all other religions and faiths should be respected,'' he told the crowd. ''Nobody has the right to insult Islam and hurt the feelings of Muslims.''

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/internatio...artner=homepage

1310964[/snapback]

I've given up expecting anything other than lunacy from Muslims/the Middle East. :D

Guilty of Being White - Minor Threat

I'm sorry

For something I didn't do

Lynched somebody

But I don't know who

You blame me for slavery

A hundred years before I was born

Guilty of being white

I'm a convict

Of a racist crime

I've only served

19 years of my time

Guilty of being white

I don't think he is actually attacking Jews here--

1311171[/snapback]

yes he is. Iran is muslim. Denmark (and the rest of europe) is christian. The "proper" response would be to make fun of Jesus. Instead, they'll make fun of the holocaust instead because I'm sure he blames all the world's problems on the jews - just like hitler did.

he is looney.

yes he is.  Iran is muslim. Denmark (and the rest of europe) is christian.  The "proper" response would be to make fun of Jesus.  Instead, they'll make fun of the holocaust instead because I'm sure he blames all the world's problems on the jews - just like hitler did. 

he is looney.

1312280[/snapback]

Nope, the first part of your reasoning is wrong. The "proper" anology would not be to call on Europeans to make fun of Jesus--for one thing, he knows that the newspapers and other media already make fun of Jesus all the time. But more importantly, he's not saying that the Europeans won't make fun of themselves (as Christians), he's saying that they wouldn't be willing to offend Jews but they are willing to make fun of Muslims. Other "proper" analogies would have been for him to call on Europeans to make fun of Buddhists of Hindu's instead of baiting them to make fun of Jews--but you are correct that he choose to call on them to make fun of the Holocaust is because he does blame Jews for all Muslim problems.)

OK, so now they are rioting against the U.S. over these cartoons that have nothing to do with the U.S. because we are the leaders of Europe!?!?

That's actual insanity right there. :D

How do we deal with blood-thirsty, extremists that will attack anything related to the U.S. even when someone else entirely is the one provoking them (provoking them! even that is a joke... it's over cartoons!)?

Let me get this straight...

Newspapers is Denmark publish cartoons depicting the Prophet Muhammad in an unflattering light.

Muslims riot.

People die.

Somehow the U.S. is to blame.

:D:D:D