[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FYI - TV says Ricky Williams Fails Drug Test

Beaumont

and the Ronnie owners  :D

1332389[/snapback]

I get to keep him as my 6th round draft pick where we can only keep 1 player and it must be a rookie and costs you one round previous than the one you drafted him in. Then again I had Kevin Jones as my 4th last year and thought was a HUGH bonus too......

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you guys that he might be innocent!  Lets wait for all the facts to come in before we rush to judgement.  If the roach clip dont fit, you must acquit!

1332754[/snapback]

Absolutely. :D Maybe he was on a mountain top. I don't think they would suspend him for missing a test, but he needs to take it fast.

Maybe Ditka knows where he is.

Edited by Randall

Before everyone start to bury Ricky let get all the facts first. It's sounding more and more that Ricky missed a drug test because he was on vacation in India and did not fail a drug test.

Last year a LB for the Saints named Sedrick Hodge missed a drug test because he was on vacation.

Here's a link to the story dated October 13, 2005 . . .

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/...18327074430.xml

"HODGE MIGHT BE CLEARED: Starting linebacker Sedrick Hodge believes he will be able to avoid a one-year suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Hodge said he missed a drug test while on vacation during the offseason and believes the matter can be cleared up by producing proof that he was away.

Haslett said the only information he received that Hodge would be suspended was from a CBS Sports report Sunday. Hodge served a four-game suspension for violating the policy last year."

Sounds like Hodge had a year mandatory suspension kick in when he failed to show up for a drug test. He appealed and then wasn't suspended.

Any Saint homers know the details of what happened to Hodge last year?

If he really was in the wilds of the Himalayas or whatever and missed a test, then he surely has pretty much a watertight case against the NFL if they try and suspend him. Given that he was officially on vacation from his club and he had not received a test notice prior to leaving, I can't see any court enforcing a suspension for a test that he missed having not received proper notification. It will never be held as a reasonable condition of work that an NFL player must always be within sight of a cellphone c/w service.

Unreal. It never ceases to amaze me how these guys are not able to leave the Josh Gordon alone even in the face of losing a multi-million dollar career playing a game they enjoy. Now, maybe I havent smoked good enough chit in my life, but someone could tell me to never smoke it again I would be able to no problem. I dont see how people get so "hooked" on it to the point they cant/wont leave it alone. Week willed idiots, IMO.

1332540[/snapback]

Man I have smoked more dope then I care to remember. And I can tell you that none of it was every worth 10,000 much less millions...

What an idiot.....

Man I have smoked more dope then I care to remember. And I can tell you that none of it was every worth 10,000 much less millions...

What an idiot.....

1332903[/snapback]

TO BE FAIR MANY PLAYERS THINK THE NFL TRIES CONTROLLING THEM TOO MUCH. When in GB Holmgren told players they couldn't go the mall with their wives the day before a game. Drug tests months before the season does seem to e a stretch.

The press could be at fault here too. Why not wait for him to return or test him right before a mini camp? We are obvously missing somethig here.

TO BE FAIR MANY PLAYERS THINK THE NFL TRIES CONTROLLING THEM TOO MUCH. When in GB Holmgren told players they couldn't go the mall with their wives the day before a game. Drug tests months before the season does seem to e a stretch.

The press could be at fault here too. Why not wait for him to return or test him right before a mini camp? We are obvously missing somethig here.

1332930[/snapback]

We are missing a lot of information.

I'm curious as the why this report came out of Denver of all places?

Edited by Fantasy Jesus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

It's now well know that Dolphins running back Ricky Williams missed a drug test, supposedly because he is in India.

But the fact that Ricky's trip to the land of the Dell computer call center staffers caused him to apparently miss one of his unannounced tinkle tests doesn't make his case open and shut.

A league source tells us that the testing process becomes complicated when a player travels outside of his home territory. The player has an obligation to advise the league of his precise travel plans. The league then has the responsibility to ensure that the player is properly notified as to the location of the testing facility to which he must report, if he ultimately is required to submit to testing while on the road.

If a player like Williams fails to show up under such circumstances, it might have happened because of something the player failed to do -- or it might have happened because of something the league failed to do. If, for example, the league accidentally tried to contact Williams at a number other than the number he had provided, Williams wouldn't have known about the testing obligation, and his failure to report for testing wouldn't be his fault.

Under the NFL substance abuse policy, Williams has the right to appeal the alleged violation to the Commissioner for a hearing. As part of the preparation for the hearing, the timeline and other nuances regarding the ultimate responsibility for the snafu will come to light.

Per the source, it wouldn't be the first time that a player who initially was found to have failed to show up for a test was later exonerated.

We're not suggesting that Williams definitely will be off the hook. Instead, we're saying that Ricky might be able to show that the failure to report for the test was the result of a mistake made by the NFL, not by him.

Mike and the Mad Dog just said on the Fan that the report that Williams didn't fail a test, and that he had just missed a test, was inaccurate, and that he did indeed fail a test. They didn't say what their source was, just that it was breaking news and he did indeed fail another (his 4th) test. If true, he's done.

I believe a player should be allowed some down time, and if he wants to puff during that time-fine. Test before mini-camp, TC, first reg season game etc..etc... someone cue Ratt-"Invasion of Privacy".

1333007[/snapback]

Seems fair enough but not for a guy that "retired" and then needed back in for financial reasons. The NFL doesn't want to made to look like idiots here.