[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I HATE JOB INTERVIEWS!

Big F'n Dave

Describe a time when you had to prioritize assignments, tasks, or responsibilities that were given to you. Walk us through how you prioritized and why you chose that method.

Describe any roadblocks you encountered and how you overcame them:

How do you handle interruptions throughout your day?

How do you keep yourself organized?

Describe a time where you needed guidance in developing or learning a new skill or task:

What is your preferred method of communicating information to others?

Give an example of a specific time, when you went above and beyond to finish a project:

Hard work is necessary in order to achieve. Tell me about a time when you had to work very hard to reach a specific goal – what was the goal and how did you achieve it.

Edit: :D lives off the land. Given his code of silence, interviewing would be difficult.

Edited by Puddy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually pull a hanky out full of blood stains(paint actually) and girlie about the questions at my last interview. :D

Usually you have to tell them what they want to hear so you can talk to the guy with common sense who does the real hiring.

When do you go back for the 6 person interview panel? :D

1349817[/snapback]

The crazy thing is, I've already met with the District Sales Manager and State Sales Manager, so I guess this particular process is a little ass-backwards. Both the Sales guys knew me from my store (I did a lot of business with them) and they love me. My meeting with them was much more casual and much more productive. I'm hoping that goes further than the BS questions asked by HR.

This type of interviewing is known as "behavioral interviewing". The outfit I work for went to this a couple of years ago, and having gone through one recently I will agree with you that it sucks being on that end.

What killed me were questions that required references to specific experiences I have had. If I thought of one quickly, I was golden. Or, you think of one, but a poor one and end up going down a one way road that eventually you realize sucks.

From the hiring side, I think it provides a lot more useful information about someone than the old what have you done questions.

You probably did better than you think, and your resume/experience will matter. Good luck!

Guest Sores

Isn't it at least a little important that I have over 10 years experience in the industry? Isn't it at least a little important that I'm a very well-spoken, articulate guy?

Seriously, this sh*t is wearing me out. The worst part is, I don't have answers for those questions. Professional goals? As a small-business owner, it was my goal to keep the fu*king doors open. Competition? Sure. Every fu*king day, but nothing I can break down into detailed step-by-step explanations. :D

1349731[/snapback]

Soup did nail it. A well spoken, articulate guy is not what you need to be to be a sales person. You need to be well spoken and articulate, sure, but you also need to be well put together, exuding confidence, have high energy, resiliancy and be very creative with a competitive nature.

Guest Cherni
Wish I was hung like a horse, then I wouldn't have to carry this thing around.  :D

1349891[/snapback]

Great avatar Kings. Very nice.

Soup did nail it.  A well spoken, articulate guy is not what you need to be to be a sales person.  You need to be well spoken and articulate, sure, but you also need to be well put together, exuding confidence, have high energy, resiliancy and be very creative with a competitive nature.

1349847[/snapback]

I hate sales people and try to be as rude to them as possible, knowing they can do nothing about it. :D

Man I'm glad I'm retired. My last interview was 1983! :D They asked questions they can no longer ask! I served on several committees for hirings, but in OUR world those questions would be laughable! Who cares about that chit? We went to the meat of the matter.

Job interviews :D

1349708[/snapback]

I just helped interview a candidate for our Food Services Team Leader and asked her "Mashed potatoes: Skins or No Skins" ... and she had me at "No Skins". :D

(no offense, Skins) :D

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

I hate sales people and try to be as rude to them as possible, knowing they can do nothing about it.  :D

1349922[/snapback]

:D me too. i deal with sales reps for vendors pretty often, and i'm usually the guy that gets to talk to them when they f*cked something up and they need a dressing down. i love that part of my job :D

What's with the bullchit questions HR people ask these days? Had a phone interview for a sales position with a national food service company today. I've owned a meat and seafood market for the past 10 years, so I feel I have a fairly solid grasp of the industry.

She asks nothing practical (IMO), instead focusing on questions like: Tell me in detail about a professional goal you've accomplished in the past five years. Tell me in detail about a situation where you've competed professionally against someone and won in the last five years.

W  T  F is that? Isn't it at least a little important that I have over 10 years experience in the industry? Isn't it at least a little important that I'm a very well-spoken, articulate guy? Isn't it at least a little important that I'm hung like a horse?  :D

1349687[/snapback]

Wanna make $45k wearing a blue vest? I can hook you up.

I hate sales people and try to be as rude to them as possible, knowing they can do nothing about it.  :D

1349922[/snapback]

I can dig it. I rode my sales reps like rented mules. 99 percent of the time though, it was all in fun. Crazy thing, the guy that I worked mercilessly is the rep for the company I interviewed with and he's been busting his ass to help me set things up. Maybe he's afraid that if I don't find a job I'll decide to open another business and he'll have to deal with me again. :D

Wanna make $45k wearing a blue vest? I can hook you up.

1350162[/snapback]

They still require that you sell your soul to Sam's ghost or is that only if you want health coverage? :D

Edited by Big F'n Dave

:D me too.  i deal with sales reps for vendors pretty often, and i'm usually the guy that gets to talk to them when they f*cked something up and they need a dressing down.  i love that part of my job :D

1350146[/snapback]

I get to kick Dell's ass on Monday. I'm salivating at the prospect already. :D

1349922[/snapback]

:D me too.  i deal with sales reps for vendors pretty often, and i'm usually the guy that gets to talk to them when they f*cked something up and they need a dressing down.  i love that part of my job :D

1350146[/snapback]

We dont care..