[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO a Cowboy

Avernus

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yuup...and I was in on each one of those incidents...

fun times..

1377727[/snapback]

you da' man, Avernus.... :D

I was so bummed when I saw Irvin move his legs....runined a perfectly nice autumn afternoon at the stadium with the wife and kids :D

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

As a longtime Cowboy fan, its a sad day. I'll never forget the star incident, and I'll always loathe him for it. I don't care how much talent he has, he's still a d!ck.

Hell, I still dislike Jerry Jones for his treatment of Landry. Being a Cowboys fan is bitterseeet sometimes....

Start warming up your arms ... you should get plenty of chances to throw batteries at TO while he’s doing the BIRD in the end zone.

1377856[/snapback]

your probably right, with the amount of times the Cowboys will have to throw to stay in games.

But knowing Philly fans, at least we won't sit there on our hands while the mutt defames our team :D

your probably right, with the amount of times the Cowboys will have to throw to stay in games.

1377860[/snapback]

Allow me to Retort

One more time for emphasis

BTW ...

Cowboys 9-7

Eagles 6-10

But knowing Philly fans, at least we won't sit there on our hands while the mutt defames our team

1377860[/snapback]

That is why there is a jail in the stadium. :D

you da' man, Avernus.... :D

I was so bummed when I saw Irvin move his legs....runined a perfectly nice autumn afternoon at the stadium with the wife and kids  :D

1377735[/snapback]

Nice, wishing someone is seriously injured. Your an Kate Middleton of the first degree.....

Aren't some die hard Cowboys fans always going to remember T.O. running to the star in the middle of the field?  I don't know how I'd feel if I were a Cowboys fan about that.

1374221[/snapback]

Indeed -- I wonder what Emmitt Smith thinks of this signing? :D

As a longtime Cowboy fan, its a sad day. I'll never forget the star incident, and I'll always loathe him for it. I don't care how much talent he has, he's still a d!ck.

Hell, I still dislike Jerry Jones for his treatment of Landry. Being a Cowboys fan is bitterseeet sometimes....

1377836[/snapback]

Well said. This is the kind of Cowboy fan I feel sorry for in all this -- as I would have hated to have Pittsburgh sign TOad ... Here's hoping he just shuts up and plays as I'm tired of his act -- so tired, I don't even wish it ill upon Dallas (despite not being fully over Superbowl XXX).

I think a lot of people tend to trash the signing becasue he ended up with the Cowboys. Many people do not want to admit the Cowboys got better with the addition. If he had signed with say Denver, I think people would react in a different way.

It is very safe to say that Owens will be on his best behavior this year. With a contract that can be voided after this year iti s a great move. The Cowboys got the best receiver in football. Like I said in an earlier post if TO works hard Parcells will live with him and put up with his act.

The Cowboys have not had a true #1 WR since Irvin got hurt that day in Philly. TO will change the way Dalls plays offense. For the first time in I can't remember when, the Cowboys could actually play from behind and beat someone. It would help to get a kicker that can kick a field after TO catches a long bomb.

Someone else mentioned the Fabini signing, that is going to give Bledsoe the time he needs.

Trashing the star will never sit well with me but this feels to me like when Deion signed with Dallas; hate him on the other team, but when he was high stepping as a 'Boy it looked good.

As a Michael Irvin apologist, as long as TO shows up every sunday and posts consistent numbers, I am glad to have him.

I think a lot of people tend to trash the signing becasue he ended up with the Cowboys.  Many people do not want to admit the Cowboys got better with the addition.  If he had signed with say Denver, I think people would react in a different way.

1378018[/snapback]

People would've trashed T.O. wherever he went.

The Cowboys have not had a true #1 WR since Irvin got hurt that day in Philly. TO will change the way Dalls plays offense.

I'm not so sure about that. Dallas did get T.O. but they also lost Keyshawn, who ain't that bad either. T.O.'s certainly better, but the differential in talent is MUCH less than, say, going from Todd Pinkston to T.O. The Cowboys' offense will certainly be better, but not by as much as some people think. It would've made more sense to go after Edge, IMO, as Jones is still having difficulty staying healthy. They're not doing too well at LB right now, either.

It is very safe to say that Owens will be on his best behavior this year.

Not really, but I can't blame you for being optimistic.

I'm not so sure about that.  Dallas did get T.O. but they also lost Keyshawn, who ain't that bad either.  T.O.'s certainly better, but the differential in talent is MUCH less than, say, going from Todd Pinkston to T.O.  The Cowboys' offense will certainly be better, but not by as much as some people think.  It would've made more sense to go after Edge, IMO, as Jones is still having difficulty staying healthy.  They're not doing too well at LB right now, either.

1378074[/snapback]

I see where you are coming from, but I think the combo of Jones and Barber at RB is enough. Especially if TO pulls that eight or ninth guy out of the box.

Keyshawn did a great job, but he never was the type of receiver who could change a game on one play. TO adds something different that he Cowboys have not had in the past. Hopefully they can get healthy at LB and add another big LB in the draft.

I am not ready to put the 'Boys in the Super Bowl, but I think they are better today.

Interesting thing I heard on ESPN radio this morning on Mike and Mike. Generally when high calibur players change teams, former teammates come out of the wood work to chirp about the departed player. Most of the time its not positive, but surprising with the Eagles this is not the case. ND Kalu a former teammate, said "TO has a great work ethic and was a good team mate, and 90% of the Eagles players would welcome him back" MLB Jeremiah Trotter was also said to have given vocal support to TO.

Seems the Bird fans and thier players see this signing completely different. Why would the players who actually know the guy, spend 12-14 hrs a day with the guy want to welcome him back, yet the fans of said team redicule him because he signed with a division rival.

Seems like sour grapes to me.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I see where you are coming from, but I think the combo of Jones and Barber at RB is enough.  Especially if TO pulls that eight or ninth guy out of the box. 

Keyshawn did a great job, but he never was the type of receiver who could change a game on one play.  TO adds something different that he Cowboys have not had in the past.  Hopefully they can get healthy at LB and add another big LB in the draft.

I am not ready to put the 'Boys in the Super Bowl, but I think they are better today.

1378207[/snapback]

I see TO as a huge upgrade over Keyshawn. Keyshawn has no speed and is zero threat to stretch the field. The TO signing not only improves the running game as a whole immediately, but also opens things up for Whitten IMO. Don't like the guy, but I think he is big upgrade for Dall. The question I have is can he stay on his best behavior for an entire year and not disrupt the looker room. We shall see.

I see TO as a huge upgrade over Keyshawn.  Keyshawn has no speed and is zero threat to stretch the field.

1378238[/snapback]

No, but Terry Glenn does. He's been their deep threat over the past few years. Witten also has the speed to burn linebackers. Keyshawn has one of the best sets of hands in the league, has no problem with catching passes over the middle and getting creamed by LBs, and is one of the best blocking WRs in the league.

The Cowboys don't need a speed guy, they need a good possession guy. That's what Keyshawn was. T.O. can pretty much do both. So, it's an upgrade, but not a tremendous one.

No, but Terry Glenn does.  He's been their deep threat over the past few years.  Witten also has the speed to burn linebackers.  Keyshawn has one of the best sets of hands in the league, has no problem with catching passes over the middle and getting creamed by LBs, and is one of the best blocking WRs in the league.

The Cowboys don't need a speed guy, they need a good possession guy.  That's what Keyshawn was.  T.O. can pretty much do both.  So, it's an upgrade, but not a tremendous one.

1378299[/snapback]

:D Dallas just got the biggest play making WR in the game, but it's just a minor upgrade over Meshawn?!?!?!?! C'mon Swerski, get off the Kool-Aid.

A little comparison for Swerski:

TO: 142 games, 716 Rec's, 10535 yards, 101 TD's

KJ: 151 games, 744 Rec's, 9756 yards, 60 TD's

In his last 4 years, Keyshawn's high was 76 catches, and 6 TD's.

In his last 4 years, TO's high was 100 catches and 14 TD's.

Slight upgrade? :D

A little comparison for Swerski:

TO: 142 games, 716 Rec's, 10535 yards, 101 TD's

KJ: 151 games, 744 Rec's, 9756 yards, 60 TD's

In his last 4 years, Keyshawn's high was 76 catches, and 6 TD's.

In his last 4 years, TO's high was 100 catches and 14 TD's.

Slight upgrade? :D

1378336[/snapback]

OK, how about a "modest" upgrade, rather than the "vast" upgrade that he was in Philly. Sure, T.O. is a "great" receiver, but Dallas also released a "very good" receiver at the same time. The net result is certainly going to be positive for Dallas' offense, but a little less dramatic than what we saw in Philly two years ago.