[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO a Cowboy

Avernus

I can't wait to see T.O. play in Philly! He better keep his helmet on on the

sidelines. Then again, maybe some ice balls thrown by Philly fans might knock

some sense into him.

Here's one for the video guy who controls the jumbotron in Philly:

When T.O. shows up as a Cowboy, replay his stomping on the Dallas star.

That should ryle the crowd up. Hopefully it's a cold day and plenty of snow on

the ground. :D

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to see T.O. play in Philly! He better keep his helmet on on the

sidelines. Then again, maybe some ice balls thrown by Philly fans might knock

some sense into him.

Here's one for the video guy who controls the jumbotron in Philly:

When T.O. shows up as a Cowboy, replay his stomping on the Dallas star.

That should ryle the crowd up. Hopefully it's a cold day and plenty of snow on

the ground.  :D

1376498[/snapback]

That would be great, but do you think the NFL would allow that?

Yep, just like in San Fran and Philly, right?  :D

1376472[/snapback]

Philly still has to get #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5 before they go for #6. San Fagcisco was in cap hell, Dallas is not. I'm not saying Dallas will get #6 this year, but it wouldn't suprise me to see them in the Super Bowl.

Yep, just like in San Fran and Philly, right?   :D

1376472[/snapback]

Philly ran into the Pats during their dominating phase..You should be familiar with how that ends up by now.

Edited by whomper

Philly ran into the Pats during their dominating phase..You should be familiar with how that ends up by now.

1376522[/snapback]

My point was that T.O. didn't win with either the late '90s San Fran teams or the '04 Eages squad, both of which were vastly more talented than the current Cowboys.

Edited by Bill Swerski

My point was that T.O. didn't win with either the late '90s San Fran teams or the '04 Eages squad, both of which were vastly more talented than the current Cowboys.

1376527[/snapback]

Im not saying hand us ring # 6 since we got TO but I think Dallas can make some serious noise next year especially if they can keep T.O relatively under control. Their D is young and will improve. Bledsoe is no world beater but can really thrive with T.O and Glenn since he throws a nice deep ball. The backs are strong . O line needs a tweak but is solid..Its going to make for a great year of football. They choked and gave away afew heartbreakers last year which they cant blame on anyone but themselves. A few bounces of the ball the other way and Dallas couldve been a playoff team last year.

Edited by whomper

1376527[/snapback]

Really? I think that might be an overstatement. Prior to McNappy getting TO, his QB rating was lower than Bledsoe's, and Dallas' offense isn't nearlyas QB frendly as Philly's, as it is more geared to a vertical passing game where as Philly's is more west coast. Also Dallas has a better #2 WR in Glenn than Philly did in who was Philly's #2 WR again? Anyone remeber? Philly's once great defense had been dismantled by 2004 due to Reid not wanting pay them. Actually Dallas currently has a better D than Philly did in 2004, and Dallas was #1 in D in 2004. With regard to San Fagcisco, they were in cap hell by the time TO got there. They were a good team, but not nearly as good as the San Fran teams of the early 90's.

Yep, just like in San Fran and Philly, right?  :D

1376472[/snapback]

I've already told you all one has to do is not take his bull$hit personally and it is no big deal. What did he ever do aside from talking $hit? Unlike in San Fran and Philly, the Dallas Cowboys have proven to be able to deal with unruly receivers before.

Again, it seemed like McNabb was looking for a best friend when Mr. Owens came to Philly. If McNabb just blew off everything Mr. Owens ever said about him, Mr. Owens would still be an Eagle.

Really?  I think that might be an overstatement.  Prior to McNappy getting TO, his QB rating was lower than Bledsoe's, and Dallas' offense isn't nearlyas QB frendly as Philly's, as it is more geared to a vertical passing game where as Philly's is more west coast. Also Dallas has a better #2 WR in Glenn than Philly did in who was Philly's #2 WR again?  Anyone remeber?  Philly's once great defense had been dismantled by 2004 due to Reid not wanting pay them. 

1376550[/snapback]

Um, no, the '04 Eagles were #3 overall in points allowed. Pretty freaking good defense if you ask me. Much better than anything Dallas has had over the past couple of years.

Actually Dallas currently has a better D than Philly did in 2004

Not true...

'05 Cowboys: 12th in points allowed, 10th in yards allowed

'04 Eagles: 3rd in points allowed, 10th in yards allowed

and Dallas was #1 in D in 2004. 

You mean 2003. And they've slid back significantly since. They're still good, but they're not the '04 Eagles or '97 49ers.

With regard to San Fagcisco, they were in cap hell by the time TO got there.  They were a good team, but not nearly as good as the San Fran teams of the early 90's.

No, they were still a VERY solid team up until '99. They had the #1-ranked defense in '97 and T.O. stepped up big-time in the offense that year (60 rec, 936 yds, 8 TDs).

T.O. will certainly help Dallas' offense, but it's not like he's "the missing piece" for them to get to another SB. Their running game is average and their defense is good, but not exactly dominating. Even with T.O., I'd rank them right along with Carolina, Atlanta, and Chicago. I don't think that they're as good as Washington and are a full tier below Seattle. They should make the playoffs, but I don't think that they can beat Seattle.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I've already told you all one has to do is not take his bull$hit personally and it is no big deal. 

1376565[/snapback]

I guarantee you that Parcells won't tolerate his bull$hit. He certainly didn't put up with Antonio Bryant's crap.

Unlike in San Fran and Philly, the Dallas Cowboys have proven to be able to deal with unruly receivers before

So, what's Antonio Bryant doing these days? :D

What did he ever do aside from talking $hit?

Wow, talk about not paying attention... :D

Again, it seemed like McNabb was looking for a best friend when Mr. Owens came to Philly.  If McNabb just blew off everything Mr. Owens ever said about him, Mr. Owens would still be an Eagle.

Apparently you missed the part about T.O. holding out, yelling at his coaches, missing meetings, and being a general donkey. It wasn't just McNabb.

Have fun being a T.O. apologist this year. I don't envy you.

Cowboy fans are funny. "The favorites to win the division"?

Are you kidding me? They lost players on "D" and "O" and they sign Fabini and Terrell and all of a sudden they are favorites to win the division. And they will only let up 1 TD??? They averaged over 19 points against per game last year. They lost players on "D". Now teams will only score ONE TD?

The Giants however won the division with NO SORT of pass "D" and have totally revamped the secondary. And the eagles were killed by injuries and will be healthy (at least to start the season) while the redskins totally retooled on "O" and "D".

Like I said Cowboy fans are funny.

I guarantee you that Parcells won't tolerate his bull$hit.  He certainly didn't put up with Antonio Bryant's crap.

So, what's Antonio Bryant doing these days?  :D

Wow, talk about not paying attention...  :D

Apparently you missed the part about T.O. holding out, yelling at his coaches, missing meetings, and being a general donkey.  It wasn't just McNabb.

Have fun being a T.O. apologist this year.  I don't envy you.

1376585[/snapback]

Bill, don't bother with the optimistic Cowboy fans who want to use the opportunity to bash the Eagles. They have their right to be looking at things sunny side up just like us Eagles fans were a couple years back. However, when they fish about McNabb, that just tells me that they have little clue on what McNabb is about. Plus some of them (not all mind you) just don't recognize that T.O. is a problem no matter where he goes. One man doesn't make a team, but this one man can bring down a team...

Its a very strange situation..Cowboys fans didnt ask for T.O but the reality now is that T.O is a Cowboy..It seems so strange that people are almost mocking the Boys fans in a way its like haha you just got the best wr in the nfl. I dont see many Cowboys fans jumping for joy over T.O because of his antics but we certainly arent going to not feel good about his tremendous upside. Thats the deal when hes on your team..Can you withstand the antics weighed against the on field dominance he brings. We can argue this until we are blue in the face..We just have to wait and see.

Um, no, the '04 Eagles were #3 overall in points allowed.  Pretty freaking good defense if you ask me.  Much better than anything Dallas has had over the past couple of years.

Not true...

'05 Cowboys: 12th in points allowed, 10th in yards allowed

'04 Eagles: 3rd in points allowed, 10th in yards allowed

You mean 2003.  And they've slid back significantly since.  They're still good, but they're not the '04 Eagles or '97 49ers.

No, they were still a VERY solid team up until '99.  They had the #1-ranked defense in '97 and T.O. stepped up big-time in the offense that year (60 rec, 936 yds, 8 TDs).

T.O. will certainly help Dallas' offense, but it's not like he's "the missing piece" for them to get to another SB.  Their running game is average and their defense is good, but not exactly dominating.  Even with T.O., I'd rank them right along with Carolina, Atlanta, and Chicago.  I don't think that they're as good as Washington and are a full tier below Seattle.  They should make the playoffs, but I don't think that they can beat Seattle.

1376575[/snapback]

Are you kidding, Washington is better than Dallas. At which position. Dallas had Seattle beat and gave that game away in thier building. There is no team in the NFC that scares me right now. If Dallas is going to win #6, which I think they certainly can this yr. the Beasts of the AFC all took a step backwards, Indy lost James, Denver lost their #1 rusher, NE is just lost and Pitt and SD lost their best QB Randle El :D and Brees. Seattle also takes a step back if they lose Hutch, as teams can slant right into the backfield where he once held the line of scrimmage next to Walter. Seattles defense is still suspect. Lofa and Hill are nice up and coming LBs, but their secondary and pass rush are nothing special even though they led the league in sacks. That was smoke and mirrors just like Dallas having the top rated D in 03.

Im not predicting a SB Championship, but I will say Dallas is closer than it was, and the games they gave away and injuries to Julius and the OL cost them a playoff run. Washington finish's last or just ahead of Philly this yr in the Division.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Is anybody here remotely concerned with the fact that TO hasn't played any football for the last 6 months? Will he need some extra training to get back into football shape, or will he be healthy and well rested? Who thinks Bill's head is going to explode when all the TO questions from the media start coming his way? If I were Bill I would take a page from Rosenhaus' book----"Next question!"

To be honest, I kind of enjoyed TO being out of football last season. Now it's just going to be "All TO Television---All Season Long" It was just so refreshing not to have to listen about him. But here we go again. :D

As if I needed more reason to hate the Cowboys more. This is a great day to be an Eagles fan. Does anyone remember what happened to MeO when he played against the Eagles the last time? I do. And so does Dawkins.

I guarantee you that Parcells won't tolerate his bull$hit.  He certainly didn't put up with Antonio Bryant's crap.

So, what's Antonio Bryant doing these days?  :D

Wow, talk about not paying attention...  :D

Apparently you missed the part about T.O. holding out, yelling at his coaches, missing meetings, and being a general donkey.  It wasn't just McNabb.

Have fun being a T.O. apologist this year.  I don't envy you.

1376585[/snapback]

You think I am nuts and yet you are insane enough to compare the lowly Antonio Bryant to Mr. Owens? You think Antonio Bryant is the biggest pain-in-the-ass WR this franchise has ever dealt with? Parcells has never dealt with talented a$$holes simply because he decided not to bother with Antonio Bryant? Maybe if Antonio Bryant could catch a football the Tuna would have tried tolerating him.

Go sell your crazy somewhere else.

If that's the kind of attention you pay to the NFL you need to quit posting around here.

Philly's once great defense had been dismantled by 2004 due to Reid not wanting pay them.

1376550[/snapback]

Who didn't he want to pay? Troy Vincent? Bobby Taylor? Both are gone and the Eagles defensive backs seem to be fine. Simon was a loss, but he wanted way too much money. Burgess never really thrived here for some reason, then he goes to Oakland and has a great year. Trotter wanted too much maney and he proved he wasn't worth it with his play in Washington. Then he came back to the Eagles and is a pro bowl player again. Maybe it was the system after all for Trotter.

As if I needed more reason to hate the Cowboys more.  This is a great day to be an Eagles fan.  Does anyone remember what happened to MeO when he played against the Eagles the last time?  I do.  And so does Dawkins.

1376716[/snapback]

Yea, Johnson and the Cowboys won both games :D

Not a TO Fan. Not a TO is a Cowboy Fan. In fact I would of preferred that the Cowboys would of tried for Javon Walker or Moulds.