[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mario WIlliams signs

piratesownninjas

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying it since Feb.  The texans would not waste their pick on Bush.

I love being right.  :D

1442834[/snapback]

I was always hopeing for it (them not to pick bush). I'm suprised this news leaked out before tomorrow morning, but it only adds to the excitement!

I figure if they want Ferguson they'll probably just take him at 2, or trade down and go for Davis at 4.

1442841[/snapback]

That would mean they could trade with Jets and get picks then trade with Green Bay and still get D'Brick at LT at 5. That would make this draft great if they pick right and gain players in the process.

saw this coming a mile away.  Houston DOESN'T NEED A RB!!!!!!!!! 

So    ...... duh.

1442852[/snapback]

I thought they needed an OL so this does kind of surprise me but if Mario Williams is supposed to be better than J. Peppers than I guess he's worth it. :D

Alright so which is it....I'm just sayin.... :D

THERES NO WAY they pass on Bush.  They just got a new QB and it will be too tempting to pass on a great weapon for him.  If anybody can find some good odds on New Orleans winning their division next year you might want to look into it.

1442679[/snapback]

A runningback who never quite lived up to his potential, is coming back from a major knee injury.  I say they take Reggie Bush.

1442691[/snapback]

I still say they take Bush unless another team gives them an enormous offer for the position.

1442698[/snapback]

Definitely take Bush or trade.

1442705[/snapback]

New contract or not I think they'd be better off with Bush.

1442719[/snapback]

I figure if they want Ferguson they'll probably just take him at 2, or trade down and go for Davis at 4.

1442841[/snapback]

Another possibility that hasn't been mentioned would be the Saints trading the pick to four (I know that part has been mentioned) and then taking Vernon Davis at number 4, who would also be a nice compliment to the offense and their new QB.

1442832[/snapback]

That would surprise me. While Davis is probably better right now than anyone on the roster, some combination of Hilton, Campbell, Conwell, and Meier will be serviceable. Other more glaring needs IMO.

Something tells me we are not trading this pick though. Don't know why, just have that feeling.

Honestly, I think the Texans did the wrong thing here.  If the Jets are willing to trade up to #2 to get bush, and the Titans are for sure taking a QB, they should have let the Jets give them extra picks for the top spot and just moved down.

Cest la vie.

1442827[/snapback]

The problem with that, is if they really wanted Mario (which they obviously do), then by trading down with the Jets they risk NO taking Williams.

The problem with that, is if they really wanted Mario (which they obviously do), then by trading down with the Jets they risk NO taking  Williams.

1442893[/snapback]

Trade with NO. Get an extra 6th or 7th

The problem with that, is if they really wanted Mario (which they obviously do), then by trading down with the Jets they risk NO taking  Williams.

1442893[/snapback]

I still believe the Saints interest in Mario was a smokescreen all along (or at least I hope it was...). DE is the one thing the Saints do have.

I've been saying it since Feb.  The texans would not waste their pick on Bush.

I love being right.  :D

1442834[/snapback]

Nobody thought it would be Mario Williams though. EVERYONE thought if they didn't go with Bush, they had to go offensive line and D. Ferguson.

Nope!

Looking at the draft challange, looks like most people have Bush 2nd now.

Might be a lot of early red x's if NO doesnt take him, or trade for the pick.

So if NO doesn't draft or trade him, and goes for Ferguson, does Tenn take Bush?

Edited by Piranha

I still believe the Saints interest in Mario was a smokescreen all along (or at least I hope it was...).  DE is the one thing the Saints do have.

1442902[/snapback]

I've thought they would take Ferguson at 2, before Reggie Bush fell in their lap.