[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mario WIlliams signs

piratesownninjas

Houston made a mistake.

1443176[/snapback]

I disagree. I think they made the right choice and heck who to say Lendale White might not be their at 2.1? :D

Or they have a LT in Eric sitting thier at 2.1. Plus they could just get OL at the 3.1 and 3.2?

Great choice considering how deep OL and RB's are.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree.  I think they made the right choice and heck who to say Lendale White might not be their at 2.1?  :D

Or they have a LT in Eric sitting thier at 2.1.  Plus they could just get OL at the 3.1 and 3.2?

Great choice considering how deep OL and RB's are.

1443179[/snapback]

No. The great choice would have been to deal the pick. Doesn't matter if Williams turns out to be a solid pro or not, the most valuable player in the draft is Reggie Bush, and Williams could have been likely snagged with the 4th or 5th pick.

If they weren't going to take Bush (and I understand that sentiment), then they should have dealt the pick, so they could get better players with earlier picks.

No matter how you slice this, it is a mistake.

No. The great choice would have been to deal the pick. Doesn't matter if Williams turns out to be a solid pro or not, the most valuable player in the draft is Reggie Bush, and Williams could have been likely snagged with the 4th or 5th pick.

If they weren't going to take Bush (and I understand that sentiment), then they should have dealt the pick, so they could get better players with earlier picks.

1443180[/snapback]

I guess no one seems to understand that they have been shopping the pick for a few weeks and could not get any one who wanted to give the value necessary to get it.

1443180[/snapback]

NO was targeting Williams at 2nd. Texans knew that

Houston made a mistake.

1443176[/snapback]

I often agree with you, but, not here. I'm quite confident that they explored all trade options. I think they were set on Mario Williams, and knew that New Orleans wanted him as well. Reggie Bush did not fit as a major need with this team. I think Houston did what they had to do.

:D

I wouldn't have drafted Babin.  :D

I wouldn't have ignored the offensive line for the first 4 years of my team's existence.

I just don't believe DD is the answer at running back.  Bush would have been.

1443109[/snapback]

I'm not saying Babin was a good draft pick, but the fact remains that he would have been one of their starting DEs, had they not chosen Williams.

So, instead of Babin and Bush being their starters, they have Domanick Davis and Mario Williams. I'd take the latter over the former without hesitation -- especially considering Davis and Morency are both good fits for Kubiak's zone-blocking system.

I'm not saying Babin was a good draft pick, but the fact remains that he would have been one of their starting DEs, had they not chosen Williams.

So, instead of Babin and Bush being their starters, they have Domanick Davis and Mario Williams. I'd take the latter over the former without hesitation -- especially considering Davis and Morency are both good fits for Kubiak's zone-blocking system.

1443236[/snapback]

I think I would honestly rather have Reggie Bush.

I think the Texans just want a good DE so that he can sack David Carr in practice and get Carr better prepared for the beating he's going to continue to take every Sunday.

1443116[/snapback]

Teams usually don't play the #1 offense vs the #1 defense in practice.

Alright so which is it....I'm just sayin.... :D

1442861[/snapback]

Looks like I was right afterall myhousekey. Despite my indecisiveness I was still leaning towards Bush with most of my posts, and the one thing I did say was that I think it would be in their best interest to take him despite Deuce's new contract. I just wasn't so sure that they were going to be brazen enough to do that. Good for the city of New Orleans though, that should work out well for them and they're a city that could really use it. Those two should work out well together. I see Bush as being the main back with Deuce being a hell of a goalline back and spelling him at times. That runninggame should work well with Drew Brees added in there too.