[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mario WIlliams signs

piratesownninjas

Looking at the draft challange, looks like most people have Bush 2nd now.

Might be a lot of early red x's if NO doesnt take him, or trade for the pick.

So if NO doesn't draft or trade him, and goes for Ferguson, does Tenn take Bush?

1442904[/snapback]

I see Bush going to the Niners... :D

:D

:D

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting sidenote...Bush never visited the Saints facilities in New Orleans.

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/...13770278430.xml

The Saints visited with five of the top six NFL draft prospects in the past two days, narrowing down their choice for the April 29-30 draft or attempting to generate interest in a trade by entertaining players they might have no intention of picking.

New Orleans has the second pick in the draft.

Only Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush, a running back from Southern California who was invited but had scheduling conflicts, did not attend the Saints' group and individual meetings.

Attending an informal gathering Tuesday night at a local hotel were North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams, Maryland tight end Vernon Davis, Virginia tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Ohio State linebacker A.J. Hawk.

Southern California quarterback Matt Leinart, who won the Heisman Trophy in 2004, did not arrive in New Orleans until midday Wednesday, and was scheduled to meet with the coaching staff the rest of the afternoon and evening. He is scheduled to fly to Oakland, Calif., this morning to visit with the Raiders.

Edited by myhousekey

I think that feeling could be called 'hope'. I sure hope my team gets Bush.  :D

1442888[/snapback]

No, the contrary actually. I think we'd be alot better off getting the extra picks, but knowing this franchise as well as I do, just a feeling we take Bush.

No, the contrary actually.  I think we'd be alot better off getting the extra picks, but knowing this franchise as well as I do, just a feeling we take Bush.

1442930[/snapback]

You know the Saints franchise a lot more than I do, so maybe your hunch is right. :D But if they get offered something tempting enough, I could see other scenarios unfolding pretty quickly. :D

wow, watching it too.

We can still edit our picks

1442651[/snapback]

Yeah, that sucks. When I submitted mine, I was the only one to not have Bush at #1. I had Williams. However, with the announcement coming now, people have time to change them. As a Dominick Davis owner though, I'm :D:D

No, the contrary actually.  I think we'd be alot better off getting the extra picks, but knowing this franchise as well as I do, just a feeling we take Bush.

1442930[/snapback]

My question again what u do with Deuce big contract?

:D  Reggie Bush isn't in the AFC South :D

If the Texans believe that Williams is the best player, then more power to them.  If he is who they really wanted, they couldn't trade down.  Most thought that the Saints wanted him too.

I believe that the Texans have made yet another draft day mistake.

1442724[/snapback]

Hey Hook, all I can say is ooops :D:D

You were speaking mighty LOUDLY about how wrong we all were going to be.........

They are trying to make up for taking David Carr over Julius Peppers.  Or trading their entire draft for Jason Babin.

I've heard many questions about Mario Williams.  This will be three years in a row addressing defensive line or rushing linebacker (Jason Babin, Travis Johnson, Mario Williams).

I am just so thrilled that Bush won't be in Houston.  I hoped they'd screw this up somehow.

1442751[/snapback]

Maybe the Texans realize that Dominick Davis is FAR from their biggest problem, as many of us had said for a long time now. You made a good point earlier about trading down. If the Texans were sold on Mario Williams, then they couldn't really trade down and be certain to get him, as the Saints were clearly high on him as well.

I really need to make a list of all the guys saying this right now.

As you may know, I am a big believer in Reggie Bush.  There sure are a lot of guys trashing him right now.  We'll see.

1442768[/snapback]

Well, some of us, including myself are certainly not trashing Reggie Bush. I think Bush is going to be awesome. I just don't think he was the right pick for the Texans. Whoever gets Bush is going to be extremely happy.....

Maybe the Texans realize that Dominick Davis is FAR from their biggest problem, as many of us had said for a long time now.  You made a good point earlier about trading down.  If the Texans were sold on Mario Williams, then they couldn't really trade down and be certain to get him, as the Saints were clearly high on him as well.

1442955[/snapback]

Right. Houston must have known that NO would have taken Williams if they didn't.

PFT is speculating that Bush doesn't want to go to the Saints and the Sainst don't want him anyways.

POSTED 10:10 p.m. EDT; UPDATED 10:36 p.m. EDT, April 28, 2006

SEGAL PLANNING A BAYOU POWER PLAY

A league source tells us that agent Joel Segal plans to take the position that tailback Reggie Bush will not play for the New Orleans Saints.

The move, the source surmises, is aimed at allowing Segal to save some face after blowing Bush's shot to be the first overall pick in the draft.

The source also tells us that the Texans opted to tab defensive end Mario Williams with the No. 1 overall pick due to Bush and Segal's sky-high monetary demands. Segal, we're told, wanted $30 million in guaranteed money -- a 25 percent increase over the $24 million in guaranteed money that quarterback Alex Smith received as the No. 1 overall pick in 2005. Although Bush's recent P.R. problems didn't, we hear, play a role in the Texans' decision, word is that the multiple issues regarding Bush and his family caused the Texans to conclude that the fan base would be more likely to accept the decision to draft Williams.

As to the Saints, the thinking is that they are more than happy to fall out of the No. 2 spot, and the financial commitment that it requires. The Jets are an obvious choice to make a move, and they've got the No. 29 overall pick to throw into the mix.

Under the trade value chart, however, the Jets would still need 160 points to justify the transaction. The No. 2 pick is worth 2,600 points, the No. 4 selection is worth 1,800, and the No. 29 pick has a value of 640.

If a trade goes down between the Jets and Saints, New Orleans would draft tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson or linebacker A.J. Hawk at No.4.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that the Packers and the Raiders have contacted the Saints about a possible trade up, as have the Cardinals. The Cardinals, interestingly, would make the move not to draft Bush -- which would drop him to at least No. 3.

The Cardinals, we figure, would make the move in order to nab Ferguson. Then the question becomes whether the Titans stick with Vince Young, or whether they select Bush.

The most intriguing landing spot for Bush is Green Bay, where he would provide the kind of Reggie White impact for which Lord Favre recently has been whining. Ironically, Favre wrote off in his press conference about nothing from April 8 the possible impactof any rookie in 2006.

Brett might feel differently if the rookie they end up with is Reggie Bush.

And the Saints could still slide to the five hole and get Ferguson or Hawk. New Orleans also would be slotted one spot lower, meaning less money required to sign the player.

You know the Saints franchise a lot more than I do, so maybe your hunch is right.  :D But if they get offered something tempting enough, I could see other scenarios unfolding pretty quickly.  :D

1442938[/snapback]

Like I said, just a feeling. Heck, could just be gas. Seriously, my only hunch is based on the couple of interviews I've heard with Payton. When asked what the Saints would do if Bush just happened to be there at, his responses was something along the lines of "We'll sprint to the podium the second we go on the clock". Guess we'll see tomorrow. Far as I'm concerned, it's a can't lose situation...

PFT is speculating that Bush doesn't want to go to the Saints and the Sainst don't want him anyways.

1442966[/snapback]

So if the Saints don't trade and the Saints don't take Bush, that move costs Bush even more money. Boy he's smart.

Edited by myhousekey

You mean the new Fragile Freddy.

1442805[/snapback]

Not quite Fragile Freddy....

He did miss 5 weeks last year, but, 3 of them were the last 3 of the season, and the Texans weren't risking anything with him.

The year before that, he missed one week, and two they year before that.

His production has been great in my league over the last three years.

The Saints won't tie up that much money in the RB position. They can't trade Deuce without taking a $10-million-dollar cap hit (or close to it). I say the Jets will trade up with them, just to get in front of Tennessee.

And, CaptHook -- you think D. Davis and M. Williams are NOT better than R. Bush and J. Babin? :D

A league source tells us that agent Joel Segal plans to take the position that tailback Reggie Bush will not play for the New Orleans Saints.

1442966[/snapback]

Won't come to terms with Texans, won't play for NO...

This kid is about to become very wealthy, what's his problem?

Edited by Piranha

The problem with that, is if they really wanted Mario (which they obviously do), then by trading down with the Jets they risk NO taking  Williams.

1442893[/snapback]

:D Great point here.

Brett might feel differently if the rookie they end up with is Reggie Bush. 

1442966[/snapback]

What if--on some wierd, twisted, sick level--that the NFL draft is rigged, and maybe Farve knows something we don't? :D

What really took him so long to choose whether or not to come back?

...I've been drinking too, just to let you all know. :D

Edit: So this post is just me being stupid... or something like that.

Niner's will get Bush tomorrow, you'll see. :D

Edited by TheGrunt