[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mario WIlliams signs

piratesownninjas

:D Reggie Bush isn't in the AFC South :D

If the Texans believe that Williams is the best player, then more power to them. If he is who they really wanted, they couldn't trade down. Most thought that the Saints wanted him too.

I believe that the Texans have made yet another draft day mistake.

Edited by CaptainHook

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think signabilty has something to do with the passing on Bush by the texans (other than the fact that DD is a decent runningback as well). He could be tough to sign for whoever gets him as he could well be looking for more money than the number 1 pick. If I owned a team that had a need for runningback though I might pay him more than William's offer. They should have some kind of a cap for the money that these unproven rookies make.

Edited by Crazysight

The Saints HAVE to entertain offers for this pick. I'm sure their phone is ringing off the hook. I don't think them staying pat and drafting Bush is a done deal by any means.

Edited by CaptainHook

DD isn't as good from a fantasy standpoint, and he's not as flashy as Deuce but I think he's more consistent and he isn't coming off of a torn ACL.

1442735[/snapback]

Deuce is probably too well liked in New Olreans though as he has been there for his entire career. They'll probably look for a good trade in this position but I don't expect them to give it away easily. If it comes down to it they'll either take Bush or whoever is next on their draft card.

This is great, now the attention can shift away from the lack of a B-Ball coach, and us here in the WolfPack Nation can have a day to rejoice, as I expect Lawson to go in the top 15 as well. It may even help Amato in recruiting defensive players.

:D  Reggie Bush isn't in the AFC South :D

If the Texans believe that Williams is the best player, then more power to them.  If he is who they really wanted, they couldn't trade down.  Most thought that the Saints wanted him too.

I believe that they have made yet another draft day mistake.

1442724[/snapback]

Some dude on ESPN news said that the Texans may have picked Williams because of Manning :D They are partially making this pick because of the teams in their division (ie:Colts) Makes some sense :D

DD isn't as good from a fantasy standpoint, and he's not as flashy as Deuce but I think he's more consistent and he isn't coming off of a torn ACL.

1442735[/snapback]

Bush and Deuce are two different styles of runningbacks as well. Deuce is a big guy who is more of a pounder, wheras Bush is a small but very fast and agile back. I see DD as being more of an every down type so Bush wouldn't fit in as well there I don't believe. I think he'd therefore be a better fit in New Orleans than Houston. We'll wait and see how this all plays out though, it could be interesting.

Edited by Crazysight

Some dude on ESPN news said that the Texans may have picked Williams because of Manning :D They are partially making this pick because of the teams in their division (ie:Colts) Makes some sense :D

1442746[/snapback]

Unless you think Mario is overrated.

1442746[/snapback]

They are trying to make up for taking David Carr over Julius Peppers. Or trading their entire draft for Jason Babin.

I've heard many questions about Mario Williams. This will be three years in a row addressing defensive line or rushing linebacker (Jason Babin, Travis Johnson, Mario Williams).

I am just so thrilled that Bush won't be in Houston. I hoped they'd screw this up somehow.

Edited by CaptainHook

Now he won't get to chase Delhomme around twice a season :D , as said above, let him chase Manning around, as he's easier to find than Delhomme. Now, the Panthers and Bucs can welcome Mr.Bush to the NFL and NFCS :D .

1442754[/snapback]

Don't forget about the Falcons and their 1st round pick John Abraham, along with Lawyer Milloy! :D

Now he won't get to chase Delhomme around twice a season :D , as said above, let him chase Manning around, as he's easier to find than Delhomme. Now, the Panthers and Bucs can welcome Mr.Bush to the NFL and NFCS :D .

1442754[/snapback]

Be careful what you wish for.

I am thinking more and more that Bush will go to the Jets, which is where I thought he fit the best all along.

1442755[/snapback]

I'm a Giants fan but it would be nice to see Bush as a Jet since the Giants have no chance of getting him. He would be a nice fit there.

Stunned they couldnt move down and get better value for the pick. Bush isnt an every down back, but neither is D Davis, so I thought that RBBC might actually be a nice blend. This only ensures once DD get hurt again, and he will, the Texans have no one at RB unless they draft Addai with 2.1 then they didng address their biggest need of all OL.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Sorry, never liked the Bush Kool-Aid, seen to many players excell in college-get mega hype, and never fit the bill. This, in my opinion, is another of these cases.

1442762[/snapback]

I really need to make a list of all the guys saying this right now.

As you may know, I am a big believer in Reggie Bush. There sure are a lot of guys trashing him right now. We'll see.

Stunned they couldnt move down and get better value for the pick.  Bush isnt an every down back, but neither is D Davis, so I thought that RBBC might actually be a nice blend.  This only ensures once DD get hurt again, and he will, the Texans have no one at RB unless they draft Addai with 2.1  then they didng address their biggest need of all OL.

1442767[/snapback]

As a Carr owner, they better go OL in the 2nd or i'm gonna throw up

I really need to make a list of all the guys saying this right now.

As you may know, I am a big believer in Reggie Bush.  There sure are a lot of guys trashing him right now.  We'll see.

1442768[/snapback]

I've never trashed him, he'll play, but I just don't see the next NFL great RB-just don't see it. He will not last long running between the tackles, and the speed in the NFL to chase down a RB who likes to go wide is light years ahead of the speed in college.