[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brees vs Vick

spain

"They should let Matt Schaub play QB and put Vick in the "slash" role."

I think Atlanta could be Superbowl contenders if they did this and their defense steps back up to where it was 2 years ago.

1448494[/snapback]

Weren't they Superbowl contenders 2 years ago, without doing this? :D

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about making millions in the NFL, Vicks athletic abilitly is far superior to that of Brees, you don't see the Falcons trading away Vick do ya.

Vick will be around in this league alot longer then Brees.  You can teach a guy how to read a field, you can't teach him how to be dynamic.

1448387[/snapback]

:D "you don't see the falcons trading away Vick do ya" :D

Who would take an injury waiting to happen that can't throw the ball ....

SD paid Rivers a hugh chunk of change before the emergence of Brees. Had they waited 1 more before they started to panic and felt the need to draft Rivers then Rivers would never have been a Charger and Brees would still be there.

Instead they made their Rivers' bed and have chosen to lay in it instead of eating millions of dollars in wasted salary.

I'll grant you Vick has tons of athletic ability ... but you are crazy if you think he can "read the field". He takes about 1 second to see if anybody is open then runs because he doesn't have the patience or ability to read defenses as a QB.

Give me Brees every day of the week.

How about making millions in the NFL, Vicks athletic abilitly is far superior to that of Brees, you don't see the Falcons trading away Vick do ya.

Vick will be around in this league alot longer then Brees.  You can teach a guy how to read a field, you can't teach him how to be dynamic.

1448387[/snapback]

Vicks athletic ability is far superior to Peyton Manning as well, but I'd bet my last dollar you wouldn't find a Colts fan who would trade him for Vick. :D

Vick may be around longer, but only because of Brees' injury. How long does it take to learn to read a defense anyway? He's been in the NFL for 5 years now & still hasn't figured it out.

I've been a Brees bandwagoner for a long time, even defended him before he broke out the same way I defend Carr & Ramsey now. I think given the chance they could all be top notch QBs. I'm beginning to fade on Ramsey, but I still thing given the chance & put in the right situation he could flourish.

:D Vick has got some slick moves for a QB & has a monster arm, but he can't read a defense for crap. The Falcons IMO made a huge mistake moving up to get Vick.

1448040[/snapback]

Cunningham couldn't read a defense either..

I would rate Vick higher than Brees.  You can win football games with both of them, but neither is an elite QB nor a building block for a franchise.  I give the edge to Vick just because of his ability to score on any given play.  However, Vick was not worth the top selection, and Brees has been great value for a 2nd round pick.

PS. I wouldn't talk to Vick without a condom on.

1448194[/snapback]

I wouldn't breathe the same air as him...

I'd hold a conversation with him if he was in a bubble....because I'm not getting in that thing just to hear him do an Allen Iverson impression...

Vick may be around longer, but only because of Brees' injury. How long does it take to learn to read a defense anyway? He's been in the NFL for 5 years now & still hasn't figured it out.

1448714[/snapback]

Are the Falcons unhappy with Michael Vick? Because I'm not sure I understand the level of animosity being pointed towards him.

You'd think he gave herpes to the entire board....

As long as there are Vick lovers in my FF leagues I stand a better chance of landing a Carson Palmer in the 7th round like last year. I for one have never

been impressed with his FF numbers and he's definately on my "avoid at all

costs" list. I admit it's fun to watch him run his ars off, but a QB who can read

defenses....NOT

I've supported Vick, not sure if i was part of that discussion or not though. I would take Vick FF wise or for my pro team every time. It's not that he's the "one", it's just that when all is said and done he will have put Brees to shame by then :D

As long as there are Vick lovers in my FF leagues I stand a better chance of landing a Carson Palmer in the 7th round like last year. I for one have never

been impressed with his FF numbers and he's definately on my "avoid at all

costs" list.  I admit it's fun to watch him run his ars off, but a QB who can read

defenses....NOT

1448763[/snapback]

let me take this opportunity to remind everyone ONCE AGAIN that vick scored the 3rd most fantasy points among QBs last season.

Who would take an injury waiting to happen that can't throw the ball ....

1448703[/snapback]

Grits and Shins,

Can you tell me again which QB it is, that's trying to come back from a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder .... :D

let me take this opportunity to remind everyone ONCE AGAIN that vick scored the 3rd most fantasy points among QBs last season.

1448782[/snapback]

..........And on a very avg number of plays compared to most. I'm still not drafting him this year, I want to make sure THIS is the year he goes off, you know, when I don't have him any longer.

1448782[/snapback]

With a beautiful passer rating of 73.1. Only managing to best the likes of Brooks Bollinger, Joey Harrington, Gus Frerotte, Kye Boller & Anthony Wright. :D

Are the Falcons unhappy with Michael Vick? Because I'm not sure I understand the level of animosity being pointed towards him.

You'd think he gave herpes to the entire board....

1448742[/snapback]

nah....I went rock climbing..

Grits and Shins,

Can you tell me again which QB it is, that's trying to come back from a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder .... :D

1448791[/snapback]

Depending on what round he's available, you'd be a fool not to.

1448795[/snapback]

The debate is who has been the better NFL quarterback, not who scores the most fantasy points or who is going to be better because the other one is injured. If you're going to objectively judge who has been the better QB you can't factor in those issues.

With a beautiful passer rating of 73.1. Only managing to best the likes of Brooks Bollinger, Joey Harrington, Gus Frerotte, Kye Boller & Anthony Wright. :D

1448808[/snapback]

I could give a rats rear end what his QB rating is, in regards to Fantasy Football.

If he scored the third most points for QB's in Fantasy Football, then he scored the third most points for QB's in Fantasy Football...QB rating be darned. :D

I admit when Vick was drafted I thought he would revolutionize the position. At that time I would have taken Vick over Brees without question. Although I was really hoping the Phins would take Brees with their first rd. pick that year.

Now I will be the first to admin I was dead wrong. Vick is so overhyped it is incredible, and he is not even an average QB. He is a terrific athlete and a below average QB. If I needed a QB for my team I would take Brees any day of the week and twice on Sundays. If I needed an athlete to play RB, WR and occasionaly line up behind center I would take Vick. Or if I was running the option offense like they do in VT I would take Vick.

The debate is who has been the better NFL quarterback, not who scores the most fantasy points or who is going to be better because the other one is injured. If you're going to objectively judge who has been the better QB you can't factor in those issues.

1448815[/snapback]

rajncajn,

In case you didn't notice, I'm not the one who brought up the injury thing, Grits did and he used the injury argument against Vick. I simply responded.

Nor did I bring up the Fantasy Factor, jaxfactor & others did. Again, I simply responded.

Now if you want to look at it objectively, lets factor in these issues;

Which QB had LT as their RB?

Which QB had Gates as their TE?

Which QB had McKardell as one of his WR's?

Which QB has enjoyed Coaching stability and one continuous offensive philosphy?

Which QB came within a game of the Superbowl?

Edited by Big Score 1