[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit Tigers have the best record in baseball

Puddy

Good win today. Tigers never play well in Oakland so getting one is crucial. Getting two of three vs the Mariners and we roll into the All Star game in good shape. This team continues to surprise even me and I will say without a doubt I follow this franchise closer than any other in sports. I'm enjoying this season immensely.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonderman looked like the old Bonderman tonight with 8 Ks and 4 ERs in 5+. I like Ledezma being in the show again. I like his potential even though he had some trouble last year. Need to get three of these games vs KC.

Another come from behind win against the Royals. Down 4-0 after two innings. Go up 9-6 only to allow 3 runs in the 8th. Then Guillen hits the walk-off in the bottom of the 9th. :D

Edited by Puddy

He gave up a three-run triple in the 8th :D

But the kid looks like he is going to be special. Closer of the future for sure with that 100+ MPH fastball.

Give him some time...just hope they're patient with him. This is a good team, and it appears I've blindly underestimated their arms. :D

Give him some time...just hope they're patient with him. This is a good team, and it appears I've blindly underestimated their arms. :D

Any chance we can play the Royals every game. 11-0 against them this year :D

As good as the Tigers have been they are still 3-10 against the Red Sox, Yankees and White Sox. That's pretty unbelievable given their overall record. We'll see how they do against the White Sox this week. :D

We'll see how they do against the White Sox this week. :D

I can’t wait; this has been a real fun first half. I really hope both the tigers and the White sox will go to the playoffs. Obviously I want my sox to win it all, but if they wont I will be pulling for your tigers.

Any chance we can play the Royals every game. 11-0 against them this year

I wouldn't be too proud of this weekend. The Royals had you guys on the ropes 3 out of the 4 games. Bad managing by the Royals let you off the hook in games one and two, and almost let you off the hook in game 4.

Buddy Bell is a horrible manager.

All I can say is I hope that Guillen and Thames keep up the good work! They've been a big part of my Fantasy team this year :D

I'm pulling for the Tigers. Great story, glad to see them back!

Those Chicago Big Bats are tough. Sounds like we will need to do a deal to compete in the playoffs. As much as I love Soriano, Abreu might be a better fit because of his left handed bat and cheaper price tag and long term signing potential.

Those Chicago Big Bats are tough. Sounds like we will need to do a deal to compete in the playoffs. As much as I love Soriano, Abreu might be a better fit because of his left handed bat and cheaper price tag and long term signing potential.

Finally take one from Chicago. Would be nice to win the series tomorrow afternoon.

Oh and it definitely sounds like the Tigers are involved in serious trade talks about the two players above. Not sure who I would like more, but I thought Abreu's contract was actually pretty prohibitive. :D

Twins win their 6th in a row. They're on fire since the break, now only 5 games back of Chicago for the wild card. This may get really interesting, especially if they can make it a three team race. I can't complain about the Tigers, though, as I have Guillen, Shelton, Inge, and Granderson on my fantasy team. I've also got Rodney, but he's been pretty much a non-factor lately.

Finally take one from Chicago. Would be nice to win the series tomorrow afternoon.

Oh and it definitely sounds like the Tigers are involved in serious trade talks about the two players above. Not sure who I would like more, but I thought Abreu's contract was actually pretty prohibitive. :D

Good point about Abreu's price tag. I guess my main point I think was that his contract is not over this year and we would have him beyond this year although at a price that is higher then we would want.

Nice player but maybe not worth what he is paid?

I have man love for Soriano. Talk about a big stick plus he can steal bases. Very nice. He would fill the 3 hole very nice. Move Pudge to the 5 spot? Or leave Pudge at 3? Not sure he has the punch for the 3 spot.

Twins win their 6th in a row. They're on fire since the break, now only 5 games back of Chicago for the wild card. This may get really interesting, especially if they can make it a three team race. I can't complain about the Tigers, though, as I have Guillen, Shelton, Inge, and Granderson on my fantasy team. I've also got Rodney, but he's been pretty much a non-factor lately.

I can't recall a lefty lefty combo like Minny has right now. Almost unbeatable when they start right now.

FIVE FOR THE MONEY

The Tigers' rotation has been doing a lot for a little this season. A comparison of the teams' rotations and how much they cost:

WHITE SOX

Pitcher Age Salary

Javier Vazquez 29 $11.4M

Freddy Garcia 30 $9M

Jose Contreras 34 $9M

Mark Buehrle 27 $7.75M

Jon Garland 26 $7M

Total salary $44,150,000

TIGERS

Pitcher Age Salary

Kenny Rogers 41 $8M

J. Bonderman 23 $2.3M

Justin Verlander 23 $980K

Nate Robertson 28 $402.5K

Zach Miner 24 $327K

Total salary $12,009,500

I wonder what will happen when all of the tiger pitchers will want more money.

Pretty good game today.

I was sitting about 8 rows behind Tom Hanks, Ron Howard and Dennis Miller. Don't see that too much in Detroit.

Did you see Egret? This is the game I tried to help organize only to back out due to my Mexican compadre.