[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons/Heat

Puddy

Only one game. I'm a Heat fan, but I won't believe until I see them take 4 of 7 from the Pistons. The Pistons played about as bad as can be and it was still a relatively close game.

Billups beat Wade last night.

1488964[/snapback]

:D

But not the first game.

Really though, Chauncey has got to bring his level of play up. He was very good in the second half yesterday, but his playoffs overall have been subpar. The Pistons have to get better play from him if they want to win this series.

I'd be a little worried if I were a Pistons fan. They lost game 1 and were up by 18 and almost gave the game away in Game 2. I think Miami may be more resilient than I've given them credit for.

I'm not worried and there is a good reason for it. Have you ever had one of your teams that you just knew were going to win? The 1998 Red Wings is the only such example for me but I have a similar feeling about this Pistons team.

Considering what they did with the same group two years ago beating a heavily favored Lakers team in five games after coming back against the Nets and Prince block away from losing to the Pacers, anything is possible. I'm much more optimistic than the normal Detroit fan anyway (pessimism bred through football) but I think this team is fine through this series. I have to gauge the finals when they get there but I do believe they will win the title this although they have some very obvious flaws.

Detroit will win the serious but get crushed by the Mavericks in 5 in the finals.

1489179[/snapback]

They still have Jerry Stackhouse with the ball down the stretch right?

I'll take that match-up. I think Miami is the second best team left.

Someone needs to tell the Pistons that they DO actually foul guys. It's hilarious watching them protest EVERY call with an incredulous look on their face, only to see the replay and see that they DID actually grab an arm, body, or face. I saw it from Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Chauncey Billups, and even Lindsay Hunter last night in Game 4. They've always been like that though.

Rip Hamilton's foul on Dwaynee Wade at the end was bush league too.

Down 3-1, it doesn't look good for the Pistons..

Someone needs to tell the Pistons that they DO actually foul guys.  It's hilarious watching them protest EVERY call with an incredulous look on their face, only to see the replay and see that they DID actually grab an arm, body, or face.  I saw it from Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Chauncey Billups, and even Lindsay Hunter last night in Game 4.  They've always been like that though.

1491178[/snapback]

True, but I watch the incredulous faces of Mourning and just about every player in the NBA when they get called for a foul. It was hard to see last night since the Heat was called for so few.

Oh and the Pacers golf handicap should be at an all time low given the extra practice time they've been enjoying :D

Someone needs to tell the Pistons that they DO actually foul guys.  It's hilarious watching them protest EVERY call with an incredulous look on their face, only to see the replay and see that they DID actually grab an arm, body, or face.  I saw it from Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Chauncey Billups, and even Lindsay Hunter last night in Game 4.  They've always been like that though.

1491178[/snapback]

That must be a brutal offseason from the 2nd round of the NFL playoffs all the way to July when training Camps open.

Edited by chiefjay

True, but I watch the incredulous faces of Mourning and just about every player in the NBA when they get called for a foul.  It was hard to see last night since the Heat was called for so few.

1491208[/snapback]

[Peeston fan] oh here come the excuses... [/Peeston fan]

Honestly I have no excuses. The Peeestons are playing terrible and their team unity is out the door. It's very upsetting to watch this once great "team" now go in the opposite direction.

Chauncey, what the hell is wrong with him, he looks like the guy I bashed 3 years ago.

Ben: I've been on his case all year as some of you know. Something's going on and it's going to cost him some loot; granted he'll still get a nice payday but not what he could have commanded.

Rip: Make a bucket dude.

Sheed: Embarrasing at times.

Teyshaun: Only consistant player currntly.

Flip: Maybe the critics were right. Riley eating him up? Where's Dyess and Lindsay and even Mo Evans or Delfino?

I would play Dyess 30 minutes next game and let him shoot 15-18 shots. I think he would get 24 and 10 easy. JMO.

I don't have much confidence right now but I'll still watch and root them on and hope they regain their confidence.

Honestly I have no excuses.  The Peeestons are playing terrible and their team unity is out the door.  It's very upsetting to watch this once great "team" now go in the opposite direction.

Chauncey, what the hell is wrong with him, he looks like the guy I bashed 3 years ago.

Ben:  I've been on his case all year as some of you know.  Something's going on and it's going to cost him some loot; granted he'll still get a nice payday but not what he could have commanded.

Rip:  Make a bucket dude.

Sheed:  Embarrasing at times.

Teyshaun:  Only consistant player currntly.

Flip:  Maybe the critics were right.  Riley eating him up?  Where's Dyess and Lindsay and even Mo Evans or Delfino?

I would play Dyess 30 minutes next game and let him shoot 15-18 shots.  I think he would get 24 and 10 easy.  JMO.

I don't have much confidence right now but I'll still watch and root them on and hope they regain their confidence.

1491730[/snapback]

:D I'm just yankin' your collective chains... I forgot who it was, but me and KevL were discussing LeBron's ankle at the tail end of the Cavs/Pistons series and some yahoo Piston fan said "here come the excuses". :D So just a little "taste of your own medicine".

stick a fork in Det.- done done done. Gdamn Rasheed Wallace - never had a problem with him until now..... His act has worn thin- he is a moron, and for as good a guy as he is off the court blah blah blah- complete jackazz. His 6th foul- slaps Haslem blatantly on the arm- BS, walks around- bitchin and moanin- Has to be in the top 5 most overrated ballers in the NBA- does far more wrong than he does right on the floor IMO. buh bye Pistons

Flip gonna be feelin some heat on this or what???

One word Darko-

Why did the Pistons pass on both Carmello and Dwayne Wade? :doah:

1491990[/snapback]

Billups and Wade in the backcourt with Rip as the really really small SF... or heck, just a 3-guard lineup with the Wallaces? With Prince off the bench? Scary good.

Then again, no one really knew Wade would be THIS good... THIS fast... Honestly, last night, watching him rip apart the Pistons, I thought to myself "OK maybe WADE is the 'next Jordan', while LeBron is the 'next Magic'". :D