[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Going to New York City....

Goopster24

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said I was loaded? When asked about my price range, I just answered back saying anything is cool at this point because I just want to see what is out there.

Prior threads pretty much implicated you (your parents) as loaded. I can't think of the threads off hand but it seemed pretty obvious to me. :D I am thinking they were from a few months ago.

Prior threads pretty much implicated you (your parents) as loaded. I can't think of the threads off hand but it seemed pretty obvious to me. :D I am thinking they were from a few months ago.

Well I am sorry if I came off that way because I definitely do not try to come off that way. And I would not consider myself "loaded" as I have a single parent who has worked two jobs in the past.

Well I am sorry if I came off that way because I definitely do not try to come off that way. And I would not consider myself "loaded" as I have a single parent who has worked two jobs in the past.

No biggie, the main part of my original post was the suggestion to go to Scores part. :D

i'd say:

- take in a show

- hit the Met

- linger at some outdoor coffee shops

- meander through central park

- try some dim sum

I would recommend things that you can not see anywhere else:

1) The Met. Fantastic museum. Pay what you can afford (though it's really hard to just give them a few bucks) Since it can be so cheap, you don't need to spend a huge amount of time there.

2) central park. There are parks everywhere. There are few parks like this. Good people watching (remember fine line between people watchin and stalking)

3) china town. Of course many other cities have china towns. Not sure where you are comng from. The Vietnamese restaurants are fantastic and very very cheap. on a sunday you can have dim sum brunch, with all those carts going by

4) In my mind a must see is ellis Island where most immigrants came to the US from. Very moving, cool little boat ride. Get a great view of the city.

Let me know where you are staying so that I can recommend some eats in your neighborhood

yikes :D

Forgive me for asking as I truly do not know, but what is this?

mcsorley's pub in the east village, the oldest bar in nyc. they serve only two kinds of beer, and the waiters get surly when you don't drink quickly enough to replenish their supply of empty steins.

mcsorley's

Edited by montster

Haha, thanks as always for being one step ahead of me Big John. Took the words right out of my mouth....

No Fake ID?

If not, just take M. Night Shamalayan's stuff (Birth Cert., bank statement, Passport, etc..) and get a new Licence from the Secretary of State or whatever your Illinois equivalent is. Works like a charm. :D

Not that I have ever done that before. :D

OK if you want to experience the real NY... I'd say do the following:

1) walk down the street alone talking out loud to yourself.

2) in the middle of the day on a busy street, stop and piss on the sidewalk.

3) mug someone.

4) take in a show.

OK if you want to experience the real NY... I'd say do the following:

1) walk down the street alone talking out loud to yourself.

2) in the middle of the day on a busy street, stop and piss on the sidewalk.

3) mug someone.

4) take in a show.

Dumbass. When was the last time you were in NY?

i got yelled at for drinking too slow. :D

:D We go once a year, get there around Noon and they always yell at us by 5pm when we can't keep up with him.

The waiter has amazing skills, he can carry 10 mugs in one hand

One time I will never forget... we went 2 months after 9/11. 5 firefighters walked into the bar and pretty much everyone stood up to give them whatever seat they wanted. Then the whole bar started singing "God Bless America", it was pretty emotional. They drank for free that whole day.

Goopster, I bunch of us went when we were 19 and they didn't ID us, but we were in a big crowd. And there's usually a line there very early (1-2pm).

Some things not listed yet:

Letterman tickets: LINK

Sunset schooner cruise (2hr) down lower NY harbor. Goes past Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island. - absolutely great, and not too expensive.

For great Chinese spare ribs 2 blocks from Garden - Ginger House on 7th Ave.

I'd say take a trip up to the top of the Empire State Bldg. Great views.

I work 2 blocks from The Garden. If you need info, just let me know.

Some things not listed yet:

Letterman tickets: LINK

Good call on the Letterman tickets. I went there with a bunch of friends back in 1999 and we were just walking by and one of the Producers offered us tickets 2nd row. It was pretty amazing. The only bad part was that we headed to a bar right next door and drank like fishes and never went to the bathroom before the show started.

They told us once we got seated that if we left our seats we'd be replaced immediately and carted off to the upper deck. Needless to say my teeth were floating by the end of the show.