[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ozzie Guillen

Dutch Oven

Meh...who among us hasn't said something like that and not been thinking hateful things about a group of people but just trying to piss someone off.

i did this once to a friend....called him a f** with my wife's gay cousin standing right next to us!!! i turned a nice shade of red with embarrasment and guilt. he was totally cool about it and said dont worry.

:D

Guillen also told Couch that he has gay friends, attends WNBA games, went to a Madonna concert and plans to go to the Gay Games in Chicago.

:D

What in the hell are the Gay Games?

Do they do the Hula Hoop dressed in pink?

Maybe they play tackle football, only it takes a long time to stop tackling their opponents :D

Guillen will have to endure the backlash on his latest remarks, and rightfully so. I'm just curious if either the SunTimes or DailyHarold writers have taken offense when Sox fans have been slurred as "white trash?"

Ozzie is a character and sometimes he says and does things he probably shouldn't.

He used an insensitive remark. Get over it. He will probably do it again.

Some people need to get thicker skin. When Dusty Baker said that blacks are better at playing in the heat he wasn't suspended. He was called a dumbass. Or was that ok because Dusty is black?

Marriotti is a carnival act and personaly, I don't think you could come up with a word/phrase insulting enough to describe that scumbag

al least were not talking about how ozzie did not meet with King george bush XIVXIX

Guillen also told Couch that he has gay friends, attends WNBA games, went to a Madonna concert and plans to go to the Gay Games in Chicago.

That is quite possibly the best justification for something that I've ever heard.

Edited by Fatman

Jay Mariotty was on local Chicago sport radio today 670AM,

He called Ozzie a jackass, as a big friend of donkeys I think Jay should get a couple of day suspension and a huge fine. :D

Jay is like that guy that you had a small fender bender with and he goes straight to the chiropractor to cash in,

He used an insensitive remark. Get over it. He will probably do it again.

There are better ways to call into question what someone writes about your baseball team than by calling him a my sweet.

And what is Guillen challenging the manhood of a writer for anyway?

Call m e naive, but I kinda' bought his explanation. I can remember using the word "my sweet" as an insult as a kid, long before I had any idea what homosexuality was or meant.

I might buy it too if Ozzie didn't try to use this excuse everytime he's under fire. Dude you've been in the majors, i.e. US, for at least twenty years. Give me a break.

Call m e naive, but I kinda' bought his explanation. I can remember using the word "my sweet" as an insult as a kid, long before I had any idea what homosexuality was or meant.

wait, which word? :D

anyway, you "buy" the idea that calling someone a my sweet in venezuela or wherever isn't meant to be derogatory? gimme a break. yeah, latino male lockerroom culture really stands out for its tolerance toward gays. :D

i'd wager calling someone a my sweetgot in venezuela translates pretty much exactly the same as calling them a my sweetgot here in the USofA. should it be a huge deal? probably not, but trying to hide behind his "culture" to avoid the heat is pretty f'n pathetic.

King George bush the IVXVXIX is a bigger gay basher than ozzie.

Ozzie's comments were directed towards one person, towards Jay. not the gay community, he was just insensitive and used a poor choice of words.

while our president is suppressing the gay community by denying them equal rights. and running on an anti gay platform for election.