[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WMD in Iraq

Front Row

Did you take that picture yourself? The lighting is amazing. It's a little grainy, but handshake is captured perfect. You can tell it must have been one of those old digital camera's.

That's all you got? Man the quality of newbies has really gone down hill. :D

Goodness, wiegie...:D

So, let me get this right,...all the liberals believe the administration on this...but nothing else? :D

Before the onlaught of rebuttals I started to type something about abstract diaherra of the mouth. Then I realized I hadn't read CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS, Ann Coultuer, Al Franken, Jon Stewart, Rush Limbaugh, Drudge Report. I surfed the sites and really don't have any idea of what you are trying to get at. :D

Typical Democrat Response: Deny anything that makes the USA and her decisions look good. Embellish and blow out of proportion anything that makes the USA look bad. You guys are consistent if nothing else...

Agreed.

If we found osama today these people would focus on how long it took to get him, and how much money was spent and blah blah blah, Rush Limbaugh is a jerk, blahblah it's all Bush's fault. Blah Bla America sucks...

Jeesh.............. :D

"This says weapons have been discovered, more weapons exist and they state that Iraq was not a WMD-free zone, that there are continuing threats from the materials that are or may still be in Iraq," said Rep. Pete Hoekstra, R-Mich., chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.

Typical Democrat Response: Deny anything that makes the USA and her decisions look good. Embellish and blow out of proportion anything that makes the USA look bad. You guys are consistent if nothing else...

Before the onlaught of rebuttals I started to type something about abstract diaherra of the mouth. Then I realized I hadn't read CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS, Ann Coultuer, Al Franken, Jon Stewart, Rush Limbaugh, Drudge Report. I surfed the sites and really don't have any idea of what you are trying to get at. :D

You forgot Savage. :D

Did you take that picture yourself? The lighting is amazing. It's a little grainy, but handshake is captured perfect. You can tell it must have been one of those old digital camera's.

Wait... I'm sorry... are you suggesting that picture isn't real?

Wait... I'm sorry... are you suggesting that picture isn't real?

No, not at all. It's as real as it gets. I'm not going to try and argue that we didn't sell them weapons. I was just jokin around. :D

Lighten up. :D

That's poor argument Soup ...

We accept the admission from the Bush Administration that this recent finding means jack squat and in no way vindicates the pre-war representations of currently manufactured, working weapons of mass destruction ...

Accepting their admission does not mean we have to buy every f'n thing they say ...

As I said, even Bush knows he cannot gain credibility by dressing up this pig ...

Others are not so aware ...

I'm not sure I get your point or your question.

I actually would sleep better if I believed the soldiers were murdered for a good reason. (Doesn't exactly help the soldiers any, but it would make me feel better.)

I'm sure I'm not alone in this line of reasoning (something I am quite certain that some politicians are well-aware of).

Oh my...my first successful fishing trip...:D

I'm not sure I get your point or your question.+-->
QUOTE('wiegie' date='6/21/06 9:02pm'
I'm not sure I get your point or your question.)

Oh my...my first successful fishing trip...:D

posting something indecipherable does not count as true fishing (it's sort of like throwing an unbaited treble-hook into the water and trying to snag a fish)

Edited by wiegie

posting something indecipherable does not count as true fishing (it's sort of like throwing an unbaited treble-hook into the water and trying to snag a fish)

:D

I don't know wiegie, with Ursa's "you aren't an administration nutsack leech, Soup" comment...I think I may have gotten one...:D

:backtothedrawingboard:

I don't know wiegie, with Ursa's "you aren't an administration nutsack leech, Soup" comment...I think I may have gotten one...:D

I'll give you Ursa... he's the kind of fish who would bite on an unbaited hook just because it is shiny

It's much better the more the kommunist declare iraw WMD free, cause when more eveidence is found... that can be their response?

The dems whole plan for the election is for the Iraq war to fail, this is the only way they can win, hence this is the only thing they talk about.

The more of our soldiers who are tortured and slaughtered, the more glee they feel as they rub their sweaty hands together writing more speeches... Bush lied, no wmd, no al qaeda link, where is osama?

Why were there chemical suits in the Iraqi defense positions? Where is the anthrax saddam delcared he had? The sarin he declared he had? Did he never have it?

I don't think that anyone with half a brain ever said that Iraq was "WMD free" or is surprised that Iraq had some leftover stocks from 10+ years ago.

I really don't get why some people are getting wood over this to the point of declaring it a great day for America or somesuch.

(Former Weapons inspector David Kay) said experts on Iraq's chemical weapons are in "almost 100 percent agreement" that sarin nerve agent produced from the 1980s would no longer be dangerous.

"It is less toxic than most things that Americans have under their kitchen sink at this point," Kay said.

Careful! Saddam has some Windex and Comet!!!

Edited by AtomicCEO

(Former Weapons inspector David Kay) said experts on Iraq's chemical weapons are in "almost 100 percent agreement" that sarin nerve agent produced from the 1980s would no longer be dangerous.

"It is less toxic than most things that Americans have under their kitchen sink at this point," Kay said.

Careful! Saddam has some Windex and Comet!!!

On February 2, 2004, Kay met with George W. Bush at the White House and maintained that Bush was right to go to war in Iraq and characterized Saddam Hussein's government as “far more dangerous than even we anticipated”

From a Drudge link:

Iraq chemical weapons too old to use: US intelligence officials

Jun 22 3:12 PM US/Eastern

The chemical weapons that have been recovered by US forces in Iraq were all made before the 1991 Gulf War and were too degraded for their intended use, US intelligence officials said.

Republican lawmakers have cast the disclosure that about 500 chemical weapons have been found in Iraq as evidence that Saddam Hussein had a stockpile of the weapons before the March 2003 US invasion of Iraq.

But the intelligence officials, who briefed reporters on condition of anonymity, said the weapons were too degraded to have posed a threat to US forces in March 2003.

They said all chemical weapons found since 2003 were produced before the 1991 Gulf War and they had no evidence Saddam was producing or stockpiling chemical weapons after that.

"Generally they are in poor condition," one official said.

"We assess that they are not in condition to be used as designed. And detailed analysis of the toxic agents shows they are degraded and represent a much lower hazard," he said.

The munitions have been tested and computer simulation models created to determine what effect they might have under a variety of scenarios, the officials said.

Although not suitable for their intended purposed, the officials said such weapons remain a potential hazard if obtained by insurgents and modified in ways they would not discuss.

The officials, however, said they had no evidence that any element of the Iraqi insurgency has possession of chemical weapons.

"I would simply say we have seen a degree of improvisation on the part of the insurgency with regard to conventional munitions," said an official.

"They might apply that same degree of improvisation if in fact they came in contact with these types of munitions. And again we have no evidence that they have," the official said.

The weapons were found "in small numbers over time" since 2003, an official said. They were recovered in one, two or three at a time -- not in large caches, the officials said.

"We would characterize these recovered munitions as being consistent with weapons that have been not maintained, that have not been part of an organized inventory," he said.

Senator Rick Santorum and Representative Peter Hoekstra, both Republicans, on Wednesday made public information from a classified report prepared in April on the subject by the National Ground Intelligence Center that said 500 chemical weapons have been recovered.

The intelligence officials said "key points" from the report were declassified at the request of Hoekstra, who chairs the House Intelligence Committee.

The "key points," however, ommitted the fact that the 500 weapons all were of a pre-1991 vintage. The officials indicated that the age of the weapons was not considered classified but were unable to explain why it was not included in the key points given to the senators.

So, pretty much as I explained earlier, Santorum and Hoekstra were just making some BS attempt to make Americans feel better about our soldiers getting their heads chopped off a few days ago.

I never had any doubt

:D:D

Unlike my moran liberal countrymen/women :D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060623/ap_on_.../iraq_s_weapons

Little different take on the same story.

We're right, they're wrong; we're good, they're bad; we're smart, they're stupid; we care, they don't........Blah Blah, Blah, Blah

If the Republicats actually spent as much time trying to solve the difficult problems, as they did calling each other names, something might actually get done. However, everything is so politicized in that stupid town, I do not believe there is any hope.

Say what you want about us crazy Libertarians (I think ½ of us are certifiable), but we have one thing to hold our heads up about, there are no criminally convicted former members of congress, sitting on their fat @rseeeeee, sucking off of the government’s tatas, with a $100K+ congressional pensions for life, in our party. There are several such Republicats on both sides of the aisle.

Republicans love to talk about privately funded social security accounts, but funny thing is, they never talk about privatizing the congressional pension plan (a plan so rich, it would make the f’ing teamsters blush). Democrats love to talk about how the Republicans want to cut everyone’s social security, but funny thing is, they never say anything about the congressional auto pay raises and the plump congressional pension plan. You people do know that members of congress do not pay social security taxes, and do not participate in social security, right? Why the h*ll would they care about fixing social security? They have their own little pension plan, a plan they do not have to worry about being under funded, because you and I, and our children, and our grandchildren have promised to fund it, until the fat, pompous, rat-b@ster pr*cks choke on their silver spoon.