[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Netflix

CaP'N GRuNGe

Got my first batch of Netflix movies. Watched Sideways tonight. Not a bad flick but it also didn't quite stack up to all the hype. I guess I'd give it about 3 and 1/2 stars out of 5.

how would you have rated it without the hype?

is that with matthew broad-er-ick? i like him...talented guy, but his wife needs a nose job. badly!

I think my favorite description of Sarah Jessica Parker is "her face looks like a foot."

I saw Sideways before the hype really built, and I certainly like it.

But it's a slight film, and I can see how one would expect something "big" as opposed to what is for the most part a small character-driven movie based on the incessant gushing.

The doc Mondovino makes a nice companion piece to Sideways - it's a bit long-winded and probably merely preaches to the choir, but it's an interesting introduction into the current world of wine.

I saw Sideways before the hype really built, and I certainly like it.

But it's a slight film, and I can see how one would expect something "big" as opposed to what is for the most part a small character-driven movie based on the incessant gushing.

The doc Mondovino makes a nice companion piece to Sideways - it's a bit long-winded and probably merely preaches to the choir, but it's an interesting introduction into the current world of wine.

I will say the film made me thirsty for wine. And I have no clue when it comes to wine. The little I drink of it is of the ultra-cheap variety - E&J, Beringer, etc. - and usually something plain like Zinfandel.

i saw it after the hype and was in the same boat as supercuts. after watching it several times it has grown on me...... would love to watch it through blind eyes, but i don't think the US movie machine will ever really allow that to happen.

Edited by Bier Meister

since there are so few character-driven movies anymore, any of them that have a dash of wit will do well and generate some hype. sideways was just a good, funny, touching movie about two friends and a love of wine. it didn't hit you over the head with the characters, it let them develop as the movie went on ... much like a fine wine.

it is the antithesis of the blockbuster and was a great change of pace.

personally, i'm tired of all these big blockbusters dumping hundreds of millions of dollars into special effects and over the top stories that just try to pull us along for the ride.

um, except for superman, of course .... :D

since there are so few character-driven movies anymore, any of them that have a dash of wit will do well and generate some hype. sideways was just a good, funny, touching movie about two friends and a love of wine. it didn't hit you over the head with the characters, it let them develop as the movie went on ... much like a fine wine.

I think I was able to appreciate the movie more because I had read the book and was familar with the characters.