[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do I have a third keeper on this roster?

This league allows you to keep up to three players. If you keep a player it costs you the earliest available draft choice. I am going to keep Tiki Barber and Caddy Williams, so my 1st and 2nd round choices are gone for sure. Are any of the following worth a third round pick or should I take my chances in the draft?

Cedric Benson - would have to win the starting job for me to really consider it.

Chris Chambers - a solid WR with upside, but a new QB and the fact that he may be nothing more than a 2nd tier WR works against him.

Javon Walker - would have to show me he's ready to carry the load in training camp. I doubt that's likely.

Right now I'm leaning towards 'no'. Anybody else have more insight?

Edited by General Itals

Today, Chambers is the only player even possibly worth a third rounder unless Benson outright wins the starting job in the preseason. Walker is just too risky.

My gut says you can probably do better than Chambers in the third round. However, answer this question.... I am sure you have already done the mock scenarios..based on likely keepers...what players are most likely to be available when you draft in the third round?

I think Chambers is 3rd round value, for sure. The question is, do you think the fools in your league will make some mistakes such that even better value falls to you. Now, you'll be drafting in between Jelap and DaFreak. And I'll be shocked if those two show up to the draft more than half sober, so I think you're in the clear to keep 2!

Keep in mind, though, that Piranha and Swerski are drafting before you in the 3rd, so they might grab RBs you could be targeting in the 3rd. But I doubt they'd reach for Chambers in the early 3rd, so your odds of being able to reacquire Chambers at 3.5 (give or take) are probably very good. Swerski, for example, got burned by Joe Horn in the 3rd last year. So he might be gun shy on going WR again. Who knows. But he's got an open 3rd rounder. Piranha will probably keep at least 2 players "maybe" 3, but I doubt it.

Ralph Furley is also drafting before you in the 3rd and there is no telling what he'll do; I have no idea who he is targeting or what his draft tendencies are like.

DaFreaks is in a tought spot and is also drafting in front of you in the 3rd, as he has one 1st round talent (Ronnie Brown) and two 3rd round talents (C. Taylor and D-Jax). I can see him keeping one or two - but not all 3 - of those guys. And I certainly don't see him nabbing Chambers at that spot when he could just keep D-Jax.

I think your worst case scenario is reacquireing Chambers, honestly.

Edited by yo mama

The question is, do you think the fools in your league will make some mistakes such that even better value falls to you. Now, you'll be drafting in between Jelap and DaFreak. And I'll be shocked if those two show up to the draft more than half sober, so I think you're in the clear to keep 2!

:D

I love you, yo mama. In a manly way, of course. :D

I have a feeling that there will be a number of teams with second round picks this year, too. Heck, there might even be a moran who scraps his squad and starts all over. :D

I'd like to see the projections of who might be available before advocating for the pick. Chambers is the #1 in Miami no matter who's throwing to him (who was throwing to him last year?) and will likely put up WR1/2 numbers.