[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The #5 pick

canatic

The owner of team #4 said he will probably take portis over tiki. If he does than i am thinking about taking R. Brown. I am not comfortable taking tiki cause of his age and loosing goalline carries. Brown will get the full workload and the new offensive corr. is more conservitive and brown should get more chances at scoring.

Brown over Tiki. There is a certain Jacobs waiting to take over Tiki's last season.

Last year Barber had nearly 2,400 combined yards and 14 Tds. Jacobs had a whopping 99 combined yards (not counting his kick return yardage) and 7 TDs. And despite Jacob's presence Barber was still about the 3rd best fantasy RB from both an overall perspective, as well as from a points per game pespective.

In contrast, even if you DOUBLED Ronnie Brown's stats from last year, he'd have 2278 combined yards (fewer than Barber) and 10 TDs (fewer than Barber). (Though, in all fairness, Brown only played in 15 games last year; Barber played in a full 16).

Barber's YPC - 5.2; Brown's - 4.4.

Anymore homework you need me to do for you?

Edited by yo mama

Listen to you mama boy. Tiki is the pick over RBrown- who I like very much but your rolling the dice with Ronnie- Tiki gets no love. Guy stays in amazing shape and produces. I love Tiki at #5

I don't disagree but Brown will be getting the goal line carries and I like Saban and the offense in general. I think Brown is going to have a big second year. Also compare the Giants' schedule to the Dolphins', particularly the last 3 weeks of the FF season.

I agree that Tiki is the safer pick especially in PPR leagues, and Brown is better in keeper/dynasty. But Brown has some other factors in his favor regardless. I would not say he's a terrible pick over Tiki and I've seen it happen once or twice in mocks.

Last year Barber had nearly 2,400 combined yards and 14 Tds. Jacobs had a whopping 99 combined yards (not counting his kick return yardage) and 7 TDs. And despite Jacob's presence Barber was still about the 3rd best fantasy RB from both an overall perspective, as well as from a points per game pespective.

In contrast, even if you DOUBLED Ronnie Brown's stats from last year, he'd have 2278 combined yards (fewer than Barber) and 10 TDs (fewer than Barber). (Though, in all fairness, Brown only played in 15 games last year; Barber played in a full 16).

Barber's YPC - 5.2; Brown's - 4.4.

Anymore homework you need me to do for you?

Couple things though. Brown was in a true sharing scenario with Ricky Williams, so you really can't compare his situation with Tiki & Jacobs. Plus he was a rookie and now comes into his second year with Saban's team looking like it is really starting to gel, and will be the #1 back (including goal line duties). Barber's numbers were amazing last year and I expect some of the same...but there will be a downturn because of the Giants' brutal schedule. Last year they played some of the softest defenses against the run, this year in addition to the usual tough NFC East teams, add Tampa Bay, Chicago, Carolina, Seattle and Jacksonville!! Brown's schedule looks much, much easier. I still don't think Brown passes Tiki in the rankings but it's a lot closer than you make it sound. Jacobs' role this year will only expand as they want to keep Barber fresh for the playoffs. Plus the outlook is for Eli to progress and spread the ball around more. Tiki was more of a focal point last year and that is likely to change in '06.

Couple things though. Brown was in a true sharing scenario with Ricky Williams, so you really can't compare his situation with Tiki & Jacobs. Plus he was a rookie and now comes into his second year with Saban's team looking like it is really starting to gel, and will be the #1 back (including goal line duties). Barber's numbers were amazing last year and I expect some of the same...but there will be a downturn because of the Giants' brutal schedule. Last year they played some of the softest defenses against the run, this year in addition to the usual tough NFC East teams, add Tampa Bay, Chicago, Carolina, Seattle and Jacksonville!! Brown's schedule looks much, much easier. I still don't think Brown passes Tiki in the rankings but it's a lot closer than you make it sound. Jacobs' role this year will only expand as they want to keep Barber fresh for the playoffs. Plus the outlook is for Eli to progress and spread the ball around more. Tiki was more of a focal point last year and that is likely to change in '06.

Your counter points are well-thought out, and I respect that. But: (a) *I* didn't really compare the Barber/Jacobs sharing to Williams/Brown; (2) we really don't know what percent of the carries Brown will get; (third) The Huddle has NYG's SOS against the run as a -1 and MIA's as a +1, which itells me MIA's SOS is not "much, much easier;" and (lastly) your assertion that Jacobs' role will "only expand" is little more than your own opinion, which you are certainly entitled.

Bottom line: we know Tiki can perform as a featured back for 16 games. We cannot say the same about Brown... at least not yet. Safe money in a redraft league is on Tiki for a reason. And after all, this could very well be Barber's final year, so there's every reason to believe the Giants are going try and beat him like a rented mule towards a post-season run.

Edited by yo mama

Tiki at 5 is a great pick, Ronnie at 5 is a stretch. Since this is not a keeper - I don't think you can let Barber go. Yes this is probably one of his last years, but he is proven he can carry a full load of season Ronnie did not even prove that at Auburn. Both have great hands out of the backfield and will be used a lot this year. My concern with drafting Brown so high in a non-keeper situation is that he has not proven he can handle the load. Tiki is on a better offensive team than Brown, and if Culpepper is not back in the beginning of the year you will be facing 8 in the box, which cannot happen with an improving Eli and good receiving core.

I know - no risk - no reward. but I think Tiki will have another top 5 RB season this year and Brown is still at least one year away.

Tiki is certainly the pick over R. Brown here, but it's a scary pick. I'd seriously think of other alternatives like SJax or Edge. The Giants schedule is downright brutal. As of now no Eli and no Tiki for me...I hope I don't get the #5 pick.

NY Giants

Sep 10 Indianapolis 8:15pm

Sep 17 @Philadelphia 1:00pm

Sep 24 @Seattle 4:15pm

Week 4 BYE

Oct 8 Washington 1:00pm

Oct 15 @Atlanta 1:00pm

Oct 23 @Dallas 8:30pm

Oct 29 Tampa Bay 1:00pm

Nov 5 Houston 1:00pm

Nov 12 Chicago 1:00pm

Nov 20 @Jacksonville 8:30pm