[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bledsoe in trouble?

BigTen

Reported by the always reliable CBS :D , they are saying that Bledsoe may be in trouble with the Tuna and that he should now only be considered as a #2 QB. Is this total BS? I know it is only CBS but having Drew as my #1 really makes me nervous with any story like this.

Drew Bledsoe, QB DAL

News: The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Drew Bledsoe's poor play at Jacksonville Sunday might spark a QB controversy. When asked to assess Bledsoe's play, head coach Bill Parcells said, "Real good to start the game... Now is not a good time to be talking that. Let me look at the film, and I'll let you know what I think."

Analysis: Parcells didn't call on backup Tony Romo at any point Sunday. "Bill is NOT going to do that," Romo stressed. Two of Bledsoe's three interceptions led to short-field touchdowns for the Jaguars. After going for 97 yards in the first quarter on six completions, Bledsoe completed just four more passes in the second and third quarters for just 42 yards, before trying to climb back in the fourth. Any QB with Terrell Owens on the receiving end of his passes gets extra Fantasy value. But for now, consider Bledsoe a better backup than starter in 12-team leagues in Week 2 against Washington.

I think we are jumping to conclusions after the first week of the season. I don't think Romo will be coming in to be the starter in the second week, there is too much riding on this season. No matter how much everyone may not like it, Bledsoe is the best guy for the job in Dallas...now say they traded and got Volek though...

It's week one fer christ's sake. Let's let things settle down before we make snap judgements. This is just CBS looking for anything to write about. Kinda like the National Enquirer for the NFL.

It's week one fer christ's sake. Let's let things settle down before we make snap judgements. This is just CBS looking for anything to write about. Kinda like the National Enquirer for the NFL.

Well you got to understand, I know it is week one but when you get 38 pojnts from Bledsoe, S. Alexander, C. Johnson, D. Mason and J. Horn you get a little nervous.

CBS has the worst football analysis I've ever seen. :D

It's going to take more than one bad game for Parcells to even think of giving the starting job to Romo. Romo may have looked good in the preseason against vanilla second-string defenses, but that doesn't exactly translate to success against starters in the regular season.

It's going to take more than one bad game for Parcells to even think of giving the starting job to Romo. Romo may have looked good in the preseason against vanilla second-string defenses, but that doesn't exactly translate to success against starters in the regular season.

I agree with this post.

News: The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that Drew Bledsoe's poor play at Jacksonville Sunday might spark a QB controversy.

They worded this well, there is no controversy in Cowboys camp, only maybe in the fans that don't understand real football and one game doesn't make Romo better. MIGHT, not will, MIGHT cause it; I can say I might go find a hooker tonight, but that doesn't make it true...yet.

If you don't think Parcells has Bledsoe's back in what is probably his (Parcells') last season, then you know very little about Bill Parcells and all about the "panic button of semi-hysterical conjecture."

Bledsoe is as safe as safe can be.

Edited by Pope Flick

I listened to Bill's press conference today and while he was asked on several occassions about Romo it made it clear in no uncertain terms that he does not have any immediate plans to put Romo in. He said Bledsoe is the start next Sunday night, period. He pointed out that while he wasn't pleased with the INTs there was plenty of blame to be had by the whole team.

If Bledsoe's status is being questioned, there are others as well that could be benched next week based on their play this week. It is typical Monday morning stuff, speculation by a media that has no basis to make their claims on. Used to be you needed facts and proof, but you know what they say about opinions...

He actually played several times against the first team D in the preseason. He started 2 of the games, and played the entire game for one of them. I'm not saying that Bledsoe has anything to worry about, he doesn't, but I did want to correct your false assumption.

Well you got to understand, I know it is week one but when you get 38 pojnts from Bledsoe, S. Alexander, C. Johnson, D. Mason and J. Horn you get a little nervous.

As a Cowboy fan, it was not a pleasant afternoon yesterday.

As a FF fan Bledsoe did ok by me, although not what expected.

I could have done worse in my local. Palmer, Daunte, Green, Delhomme, Bulger, and Brady all had less points and were higher picks.

Week 2 can't come soon enough.

So Volek, who can't even start in Tenn over Collins, would start in Dallas?

He's not starting because he's trade bait. Do you think the Titans are gonna risk a trade by putting Volek in harms way behind a crap line? No one wants damaged goods.

this is ridiculous.If the Titans thought Volek was the best qb on their team,he'd be starting.

No, the owners want Vince Young in now. Kerry Collins is an easy way to say Young needs to start soon because he sucks. Volek is trade bait, maybe not for anyone that needs a starter but someone who needs a good backup.

If anyone thinks the organization in Tennessee does not want Vince Young in as soon as possible, you are crazy. I mean it was evident yesterday when they brought him in for a few passes. Kerry Collins gives them an easy out. Volek would have been decent as the starter, Collins will suck and they can say "oh well he's bad, Young is 2nd string, put him in, he's the future."

No, the owners want Vince Young in now. Kerry Collins is an easy way to say Young needs to start soon because he sucks. Volek is trade bait, maybe not for anyone that needs a starter but someone who needs a good backup.

If anyone thinks the organization in Tennessee does not want Vince Young in as soon as possible, you are crazy. I mean it was evident yesterday when they brought him in for a few passes. Kerry Collins gives them an easy out. Volek would have been decent as the starter, Collins will suck and they can say "oh well he's bad, Young is 2nd string, put him in, he's the future."

your opinion and you're entitled to it.I ain't buyin' it.

back to the original topic:

Parcells made a concerted effort to evaluate Romo throughout training camp and preseason, and has said he wants to try to play Romo "at some point" this season. While Parcells reiterated that point again Monday, he wouldn't elaborate under what circumstances he would decide to insert the fourth-year quarterback, who has yet to throw a pass in an NFL regular-season game.

"I don't think that should be a consideration right now," Parcells said. "So don't make anything out of this, because Bledsoe is starting next Sunday. So that's it. But we'll see what goes on this week. I told you I was getting Romo ready to play. And at some point in time, I'm hopeful I will be able to play him this year. Now, I don't know when, where or under what circumstances. But that shouldn't be the story for today because it's a non-story.

"I know it's an assignment-of-blame day, we know that. I think that (Bledsoe) could have played better and I'm hopeful that he will. But I am going to give him an opportunity to do that."

from Cowboy's website

I think that is pretty lame reasoning. If the Titans organization wants Young to play now then why isn't he starting? I mean why start Collins with the hope that he fails? How does that help the team at all. Bringing in Young for 3 or 4 plays a game will do nothing for him. If you are going to play him then play him.

And if the team thinks that Volek is the #1 but they are holding him out for trade bait then I would be pretty pissed if I was a Titans fan. Either trade him now or play him. Maybe they should just hold all of their starters out because they are afraid of getting them hurt.

I think that is pretty lame reasoning. If the Titans organization wants Young to play now then why isn't he starting? I mean why start Collins with the hope that he fails? How does that help the team at all. Bringing in Young for 3 or 4 plays a game will do nothing for him. If you are going to play him then play him.

And if the team thinks that Volek is the #1 but they are holding him out for trade bait then I would be pretty pissed if I was a Titans fan. Either trade him now or play him. Maybe they should just hold all of their starters out because they are afraid of getting them hurt.

I don't feel like arguing, but I'm standing by my statement.

Volek will be traded, and Young will start by midseason.

Volek isn't playing because no one will trade for a hurt player. Why put him in to get hurt, he's not the franchise QB, and they want to trade him for something. That's why you keep him out of the game.