[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Green update tuesday

Randall

September 18, 2006, 10:23

Chiefs :: QB

QB Green To Receive Injury Update Tuesday

Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star

QB Trent Green says he feels a little woozy at times, but is generally feeling "okay" from the severe concussion he sustained in week one against the Cincinnati Bengals. He is scheduled to visit a neuologist tomorrow to determine his future status, which was originally pegged at four to six weeks. "I absolutely want to play again this year," Green said.

Wow.

"I absolutely want to play again this year."

Interpretation: "The docs (and my family) are telling me that it may be time to call it quits, but I'm not ready for that. Hopefully, I can come back because I really want to play some more."

Edited by muck

This does not sound good...

News: The Kansas City Star reports that Chiefs QB Trent Green took neurological tests for his concussion Tuesday and has not been given a timetable to return to action. Lingering effects remain for Green, who cannot drive a car or even throw a football right now. "We're confident he's coming back," coach Herm Edwards said. "When he's coming back ... nobody knows. I haven't even asked. Because I don't want to know. I told him, 'It's on your schedule.'"

he doesnt have that much talent.. but yes too bad.. esp since i drafted him

name the other 3 QB's that threw for over 4000 yards 3 seasons in a row, that ought to open your eyes a little :D

name the other 3 QB's that threw for over 4000 yards 3 seasons in a row, that ought to open your eyes a little :D

Agreed. He easily could have been the NFL MVP and led the Rams to the same Super Bowl win had he not got injured. If so, we would never had heard of Kurt Warner. Bad luck is all there is to it.

Okay, okay, i'll answer it for ya.

Marino

Manning

Fouts

Only Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Warren Moon, Drew Bledsoe, Brett Favre, Dan Fouts, Trent Green, Kurt Warner, and Steve Young have passed for 4,000 yards in a season more than once in their careers.

That's some good company. :D

Why do guys need to say things like this? This reminds of news anchors that have to be the first to break stories. I'm sorry but I think Trent deserves better than be objects of strong opinions.

People just say it to try to sound smart and be "bold" when they are really just being ignorant. Trent Green hasn't really been injury prone, only 2 real big injuries. They just say it because he is an older player, but it is no one's decision on this board to decide the results. Trent Green may or may not play again, but it all depends on things like family, health, doctor's clearance...not someone's opinion on Thehuddle.com. It is kind of morbid to say "qoute me" on someone not playing again.

• 1 month later...

Green was interviewed after the game yesterday and said he would be back in Week 10 at the earliest, for the game at Miami.

Huard had another nice game yesterday, and has actually been pretty steady this year - except for 2 lousy games @DEN and @PIT.

KC has a pretty nice schedule for a QB over the next 4 weeks (SEA, @STL, @MIA, and OAK), so it will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Huard is currently a FA in my league, and I'll be looking to replace Hass with either him or Seneca...