[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins - Pitt vs. SD

H8tank

Who wins?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Sunday night Prime Time Game, who wins Pittsburgh Stealers or San Diego Chargerz

• Stealers
    • Chargerz

If you'd have watched the game, you'd feel a little differently about how effective Palmer and the Bengals' offense was.

The Steelers controlled the first quarter and a half pretty easily and were on the verge of taking a 14-0 lead when Roethlisberger threw an INT in the endzone. The Bengals offense had done very little until the following very impressive 97 yard TD drive. They also put together a drive of around 50 yards right before halftime following a blocked field goal.

In the 2nd half, like I said, the Bengals had exactly 1 first down before the muffed punt, and they had no answer whatsoever for Willie Parker. Give Carson Palmer a first and goal at the 9, and they're going to score a lot of TDs, and he did that on a first down play action fake.

After Haynes fumbled 2 plays later, Palmer threw a 30 yard jump ball that Houshmanzadeh came down with, and the Bengals went from down 3 and in trouble to up 11.

The Steelers' defense is the reason the reason they were in a position to win the game with 8 minutes left despite Ben's terrible play. It's not spin at all - the defense did a terrific job on Palmer and shut Rudi down completely. No defense is good enough to overcome the terrible positions they were put in by the Steelers' offense.

Tell your boys to keep up the good work on shutting down Palmer!

You stuffed Rudi and held CJ to a catch! Oh, but those touchdowns to Henry and TJ count?

Yeah, if there wasn't a fumble... :lol:

if there wasn't a blocked kick... :lol:

if there wasn't an INT... :D

if the Bengals don't score at all... :D

Your team would be on top! You could have won!!!!

Congratulations!!!!! The Steelers would have been #1.

It could have been the best EVER!

ITS SO SWEET TO BE YOU!

You stuffed Rudi and held CJ to a catch! Oh, but those touchdowns to Henry and TJ count?

Yeah, if there wasn't a fumble... :woot:

if there wasn't a blocked kick... :brew:

if there wasn't an INT... :lol:

if the Bengals don't score at all... :lol:

ITS SO SWEET TO BE YOU!

I know you weren't responding to me, but, I agree with you. I'm not going to :D about the loss, but, when someone comes in and says the biggest reason the Steelers lost was because they couldn't stop Carson Palmer, I'm going to point out that is an inaccurate statement, as there were much bigger reasons. I"ve said many times that the Bengals were able to take advantage of the Steelers errors and make the big playes. They deserved the victory, no question about it.

However, I didn't like the tone of your post, so I'll leave you with this:

:D Deal with it ! :brow:

Yeah, if there wasn't a fumble... :brew:

if there wasn't a blocked kick... :lol:

if there wasn't an INT... :D

if the Bengals don't score at all... :lol:

ITS SO SWEET TO BE YOU!

:woot::D

What I said, plain and simple, is that the Bengals took advantage of the Steelers' mistakes enough to win the game. And they did. And I gave them credit for doing it. They didn't pass or run the ball consistently and they didn't stop the Steelers from running at all, but they made enough big plays to win the game.

The Steelers controlled the game, but the Steelers made more mistakes and the Bengals made the big plays that resulted in points.

Chargers dominate,Marty calls 14 consecutive running plays in the 4th quarter,Steelers come back to win on a last second field goal. :D

OH ! :D

That again :lol:

If Marty lets Rivers play a WHOLE yumpING GAME, Chargers win by at least ten.

To Marty, I say....

:D "Unleash the hounds!!!!!!"

I'm not sure Marty will ever hear me. Therefore, the game will be close, but the optimist in me predicts a win for the Bolts!

Well, historically, October has been Cowher's best month. The Steelers have a 39-14 October record during Cowher's tenure. While I know it is a new season, that is a pretty strong trend. The bye week couldn't have come at a better time for the Steelers. Polamalu was playing with one arm, and his agressive play was missed on the defense. Reports are that he is playing at close to 100% now. The main thing that needed to get corrected during the bye week was getting Ben and the passing game in-synch. Time will tell if that happened.

I have a lot of respect for the Chargers and think they are a great team. I picked them to win the AFC West this season. I think the yardage is going to be difficult to come by for both teams in this game. Last year, the Steelers held LT to around 60 yards rushing, and most teams have little success running against the Steelers. The same can be said for the Chargers, who are very difficult to run against. I think whoever is able to establish the ground game, control the clock, and limit the mistakes (of course) will come out on top. I think in the end, the Steelers need this one more than the Chargers and the bye week does wonders.

Steelers 23

Chargers 20

McBoog or Chargerz, are either of you intersted in some type of wager ? Perhaps a replica jersey bet, where the loser buys the winner the replica jersey of his choice ($60-$70) ? .....or we could keep it simple with a sig / avatar bet. Let me know if you have any interest.

OH ! :D

That again :D

If Marty lets Rivers play a WHOLE yumpING GAME, Chargers win by at least ten.

I concur. If Marty actually tries to "win" a game and play "not to lose", I like the Chargers at home. Marty's getting pounded by the press and the fans. Hopefully, he realizes that playing aggressive and trusting his QB will be to the team's benefit.

I concur. If Marty actually tries to "win" a game and play "not to lose", I like the Chargers at home. Marty's getting pounded by the press and the fans. Hopefully, he realizes that playing aggressive and trusting his QB will be to the team's benefit.

I'll say this:

As a Steelers fan, I HOPE Marty puts more of the game in Rivers' hands this week. In last year's matchup, the Steelers held LT to 62 yards on 18 carries and Brees went 20-35-219-1-1. Is Rivers right now better than Brees was last year?

I'm not overly concerned about Tomlinson having a big game, but I DO think it's in Mary's best interests this week to continue to run the ball and not expose Rivers continuously to the zone blitzes Dick Lebeau will have ready for him.

Turnovers and whoever wins the lines of scrimmage are going to decide this game.

I'll say this:

As a Steelers fan, I HOPE Marty puts more of the game in Rivers' hands this week. In last year's matchup, the Steelers held LT to 62 yards on 18 carries and Brees went 20-35-219-1-1. Is Rivers right now better than Brees was last year?

I'm not overly concerned about Tomlinson having a big game, but I DO think it's in Mary's best interests this week to continue to run the ball and not expose Rivers continuously to the zone blitzes Dick Lebeau will have ready for him.

Turnovers and whoever wins the lines of scrimmage are going to decide this game.

I'm just saying the Chargers need to mix it up and stay balanced. Against the Raiders and Ravens, they totally sat on the ball once they got a lead. It's not as difficult for a defense to stop the run when they know it's coming on EVERY play. At least throw in some play-action once in awhile and keep the defense honest.