[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who wins - Pitt vs. SD

H8tank

Who wins?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Sunday night Prime Time Game, who wins Pittsburgh Stealers or San Diego Chargerz

• Stealers
    • Chargerz

Funny, if Colclough doesn't muff a punt, we probably aren't talking about the demise of the Steelers at all despite the poor play from Roethlisberger so far. As it is, the Steelers are in a hole, and Cowher's teams have historically responded in situations like this. If there's such thing as a must-win game in week 5, this is it for the Steelers.

Hopefully the bye week gave Ben a chance to get a little healthier, and I'm hopeful he comes out of the bye week a lot less rusty. The Steelers lost to the Bengals because of turnovers and dropped passes. If those problems turn up again against the Chargers, the Steelers will lose.

Willie Reid will get his chance to do what the Steelers drafted him to do - return kicks. I'm expecting this to be another tough game decided by turnovers and special teams.

SD 31 - Pitt 20

Unless run, run, run, punt Marty puts more confidence in Rivers I don't see the Chargers putting up 31 against the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY.

Chargers 17 - The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY 10. By Week 12 the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY should be mathmatically eliminated from being given another tainted championship*.

not predicting a win here for the steelcity, but 2 things they have in there favor.

1. coming off a bye week that came at a great time for them. regroup, get in synch offensively.

2. catching sandiego after a physical game with the ravens. a game in which they should/could have won. smells like letdown.

The Steelers lost to the Bengals because of turnovers and dropped passes.

While the turnovers & dropped passes certainly didn't help, I thought a bigger reason for Steelers loss, was because their D couldn't stop Palmer & the Bengals.

While the turnovers & dropped passes certainly didn't help, I thought a bigger reason for Steelers loss, was because their D couldn't stop Palmer & the Bengals.

You obviously didn't even watch the game. The Bengals only had one sustained drive. Two of Palmer's TD's came after turnovers where they gotten the ball in or near the redzone. Palmer threw for around 200 yards and was sacked 6 times. They also held Rudi to 47 yards, and outgained the Bengals 365 to 246. The Steelers had 27 first downs to the Bengals 15. It was a game where the Steelers made hugh mistakes, and the Bengals took advantage of them like good teams do.

You obviously didn't even watch the game. The Bengals only had one sustained drive. Two of Palmer's TD's came after turnovers where they gotten the ball in or near the redzone. Palmer threw for around 200 yards and was sacked 6 times. They also held Rudi to 47 yards, and outgained the Bengals 365 to 246. The Steelers had 27 first downs to the Bengals 15. It was a game where the Steelers made hugh mistakes, and the Bengals took advantage of them like good teams do.

Exactly.

The Bengals had exactly 1 first down in the second half before the muffed punt with 8 minutes left.

If Colclough doesn't muff that punt, the Steelers have the ball at their own 30 with a 3 point lead and under 8 minutes left, a running game that hadn't been stopped all day, and a defense that had begun thoroughly dominating the line of scrimmage. He muffed it, the Bengals took advantage of that and Haynes' fumble, and the rest is history. It sure changes the way the two teams are viewed right now though.

But if anyone believes that the Steelers defense didn't stop Palmer and the Bengals' offense, they didn't watch the game and only saw the score.

If the Steelers want to have a chance next week, they can't turn the ball over like they did against the Bengals.

Two of Palmer's TD's came after turnovers where they gotten the ball in or near the redzone.

So for those 2 TD's, the Steelers D wasn't able to stop Palmer from cashing in on the turnovers, nor were they able to stop Palmer on the other 2 TD's, right?

Palmer threw for around 200 yards
With 4 TD's to go along with those 200 yards, right?
It was a game where the Steelers made hugh mistakes, and the Bengals took advantage of them like good teams do.

So basically Steelers D failed to stop Palmer & the Bengals Offense when it mattered, right?

I mean if any of the 4 Bengals TD's were scored by their Special Teams on a kick return, punt return or fake field goal, or the Cincy D scored by a pick or fumble recovery return, I could understand you saying it was not the Steelers Defensive Teams fault.

However, regardless of how you want to spin it with a short field or not, all 4 of Cincy TD's came from the Bengals Offensive squad going against the Steelers Defensive squad, thus the Steelers D being a key culprit in the loss. :D

So for those 2 TD's, the Steelers D wasn't able to stop Palmer from cashing in on the turnovers, nor were they able to stop Palmer on the other 2 TD's, right? With 4 TD's to go along with those 200 yards, right?

So basically Steelers D failed to stop Palmer & the Bengals Offense when it mattered, right?

I mean if any of the 4 Bengals TD's were scored by their Special Teams on a kick return, punt return or fake field goal, or the Cincy D scored by a pick or fumble recovery return, I could understand you saying it was not the Steelers Defensive Teams fault.

However, regardless of how you want to spin it with a short field or not, all 4 of Cincy TD's came from the Bengals Offensive squad going against the Steelers Defensive squad, thus the Steelers D being a key culprit in the loss. :D

If you'd have watched the game, you'd feel a little differently about how effective Palmer and the Bengals' offense was.

The Steelers controlled the first quarter and a half pretty easily and were on the verge of taking a 14-0 lead when Roethlisberger threw an INT in the endzone. The Bengals offense had done very little until the following very impressive 97 yard TD drive. They also put together a drive of around 50 yards right before halftime following a blocked field goal.

In the 2nd half, like I said, the Bengals had exactly 1 first down before the muffed punt, and they had no answer whatsoever for Willie Parker. Give Carson Palmer a first and goal at the 9, and they're going to score a lot of TDs, and he did that on a first down play action fake.

After Haynes fumbled 2 plays later, Palmer threw a 30 yard jump ball that Houshmanzadeh came down with, and the Bengals went from down 3 and in trouble to up 11.

The Steelers' defense is the reason the reason they were in a position to win the game with 8 minutes left despite Ben's terrible play. It's not spin at all - the defense did a terrific job on Palmer and shut Rudi down completely. No defense is good enough to overcome the terrible positions they were put in by the Steelers' offense.

If you'd have watched the game, you'd feel a little differently about how effective Palmer and the Bengals' offense was.

The Steelers controlled the first quarter and a half pretty easily and were on the verge of taking a 14-0 lead when Roethlisberger threw an INT in the endzone. The Bengals offense had done very little until the following very impressive 97 yard TD drive. They also put together a drive of around 50 yards right before halftime following a blocked field goal.

In the 2nd half, like I said, the Bengals had exactly 1 first down before the muffed punt, and they had no answer whatsoever for Willie Parker. Give Carson Palmer a first and goal at the 9, and they're going to score a lot of TDs, and he did that on a first down play action fake.

After Haynes fumbled 2 plays later, Palmer threw a 30 yard jump ball that Houshmanzadeh came down with, and the Bengals went from down 3 and in trouble to up 11.

The Steelers' defense is the reason the reason they were in a position to win the game with 8 minutes left despite Ben's terrible play. It's not spin at all - the defense did a terrific job on Palmer and shut Rudi down completely. No defense is good enough to overcome the terrible positions they were put in by the Steelers' offense.

Nice effort, but, I would give up. I have NEVER seen BS1 admit he was wrong......

Nice effort, but, I would give up. I have NEVER seen BS1 admit he was wrong......

I do when I am, but it's such an extraordinarilly rare occurence that if you :D , you'll miss it.

Case in point - Post #11 in the "Why is Favre being credited with a fumble?" thread.

Amazing, stealer fans are simply amazing.

But, the poll reflects a common knowledge that the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY are a fake team and have no chance Sunday.

:D Like the Patriots had no chance going into Cincy and winning on Sunday... what the Patriots did to the Bengals is exactly what the Steelers did only without the turnovers.

What did I say that you disagree with?

As thing stand right now, the Steelers aren't contenders. Not with the way Ben has played so far and not unless they fix their return game.

I commented on what happened in the Bengals game, and it's all factual. The Steelers controlled the game, especially after halftime, and turnovers were far and away the deciding factor in the game. Whether it was Ben's INT in the endzone or Colclough's fumble or Haynes' fumble, they cost the Steelers the game and credit goes to the Bengals for taking advantage of them.

But as a Steelers fan, I enjoy the people that hate them. They make me laugh. :D