[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Dallas beats Philly

Scooby

How? you ask, run, run, run. Send Owens deep and sweep to his side. Counter runs in the 2nd and 4th Quarter. Throw in some play-action on 3rd and short to Glenn or TO. Every Philly blitz, over the top to Witten. On defense, Dallas outmans every Philly wideout. Let Ellis contain the strong side and not blitz, just play the line. Send Roy Williams up the middle and contain the flats. Prediction: J. Rector returns a punt for a TD. :D GO COWBOYS :D

Or they could just score more points than Philly :D

Tha Tanya Harding idea has more chance of happening.

But the idea of run, run, run is the one that worries me the most. The Eagles will keep the safeties back in coverage all day, and the LBs will likely also be playing loose....JJ could have a monster day, and keep McNabb off the field. If Dallas can manage a win, this is how it will happen....the running game will decide this, not the T.O/Glenn spectacle everyone is talking about.

Without Stallworth the Dallas D can just key on Westbrook. Given he's already hobbled (so we've been led to believe) that shouldn't be to difficult for them.

No deep threat, no deep safties, no room for a slowed Westy to scamper... This means no win for the Eagles.... and nothing would make me more sick than seeing TO go back toPhilly and get the W.

Without Stallworth the Dallas D can just key on Westbrook. Given he's already hobbled (so we've been led to believe) that shouldn't be to difficult for them.

No deep threat, no deep safties, no room for a slowed Westy to scamper... This means no win for the Eagles.... and nothing would make me more sick than seeing TO go back toPhilly and get the W.

Hmmm...both Brown and Greg Lewis run faster than Stallworth, so I am not sure why you think they have no deep options with Stallworth out. The Eagles lead the league with plays over 40 yards, and Stallworth has just one of them.

Dallas may win, but it won't be because the Eagles can't stretch the field.

Odd, I'm thinking the exact opposite. The only way I see Philly winning is to put everyone and their mothers on the Dallas Wideouts and TEs and force the Cowboys to beat them with the run.

IMO, that's the weak link. The O-Line run support isn't that great, and the Jones-Barber duo doesn't scare anyone (well maybe the Titans). That's the weak link in this offense.

Odd, I'm thinking the exact opposite. The only way I see Philly winning is to put everyone and their mothers on the Dallas Wideouts and TEs and force the Cowboys to beat them with the run.

IMO, that's the weak link. The O-Line run support isn't that great, and the Jones-Barber duo doesn't scare anyone (well maybe the Titans). That's the weak link in this offense.

Actually, I think we agree...i posted earlier that Eagles will force Dallas to run by dropping their safeties and LBs into coverage. Dallas's success will hinge on Barber/Jones, not Glenn/Owens.

I saw a back-up RB (morency) go for 99 yards in a tight game where the Eagles were over-playing pass-defense all night (against Favre and his supposed solid WRs in Jennings and Driver).

I see the Eagles playing exactly the same way on Sunday against Glenn & Owens. It will be up to Jones-Barber to keep the Eagles LBs/safeties honest, and if they can succeed, the Eagles will have their hands full.

The Cowboys defense will bring pressure on McNabb all day, if they can get to him early and often they win this game. The Cowboys DB's vs. the Eagles WR's one on one is a Cowboy strength which allows for more chances for defensive plays with constant pressure on McNabb. The absence of Westbrook would be huge as it will take away on of his dump pass opportunities while under pressure. Heavy pressure, man-to-man, and LB on LJ Smith.

The Cowboys offense will need to have a decisive time of possession advantage and will look to do that by utilizing the run. A couple early play action fakes and or deep passes to Glenn (Not TO as they will have him played) will open the run up.

The Eagles defense MUST get pressure on Bledsoe or they are in trouble. If he is allowed to stand in the pocket and pick up his open WR's it's going to open every aspect of the game up. It will also feed the defense as they will be fresh and motivated. The Eagles must force Bledsoe into throwing on the run and forcing his throws. This will lead to interceptions as it did vs. the Jags.

Bottom Line: The team which brings the pressure and forces mistakes is the one that wins.

Hmmm...both Brown and Greg Lewis run faster than Stallworth, so I am not sure why you think they have no deep options with Stallworth out. The Eagles lead the league with plays over 40 yards, and Stallworth has just one of them.

Dallas may win, but it won't be because the Eagles can't stretch the field.

a healthy stallworth outruns both those guys.

eagles blitz bledsoe. and blitz him some more. he can't move.

the eagles need to get pressure from their front four they can't afford to blitz too much their secondary is banged up. I know lito shepard is suppose to play but you dont know how he is gonna be and IMO Hood who is probally not going to play is a better d-back than shepard

whitten will have a hugh game if philly blitz all day

Johnson is probally one of the best d-cordinaters in the league so im sure he'll have some plan but i like the cowboys in this game however it could easily go either way

Edited by bark