[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jon Kitna

HowboutthemCowboys

I have him and Brady and usually start Brady, but I can see a few times in certain matchups I'd start Kitna. And if I had to rely on him I think I'd be mostly okay. Lets face it he throws 65% of the time and in fantasy that is the key. But I can honestly say even as a guy who owns him if I did have to start him every week I wouldn't be 100% confident. I don't think he's on that level yet. So I am confident in him and a lot of that has to do with sheer # of attempts, but if in certain games I wouldn't feel 100% confident. He is still a little prone to mistakes. But on the plus side in the first two games against two good D's he had 1 TD and 0 ints while throwing no ints and that was while he was still learning the O really. So overall I think he's solid and can be a top 10ish guy, but I would like to see a touch more before I say yeah I'm totally confident he can be my guy week in and week out.

I drafted McNair and Kitna, then cut McNair for Carr. I have no problem starting Kitna every week!

Then again, I view QB's almost like D's and K's-- there is always a good one on the waiver wire, and the drop off from the top tier to a surprise free agent or late round pick often isn't that far. Last year Eli and Brunell were waiver pick ups and both ended up top 12 players. I'd rather grab some stud RB's and WR's and take my chances on some QB's w/ huge upside.

I drafted McNair and Kitna, then cut McNair for Carr. I have no problem starting Kitna every week!

Then again, I view QB's almost like D's and K's-- there is always a good one on the waiver wire, and the drop off from the top tier to a surprise free agent or late round pick often isn't that far. Last year Eli and Brunell were waiver pick ups and both ended up top 12 players. I'd rather grab some stud RB's and WR's and take my chances on some QB's w/ huge upside.

+1 :D

+2. :D

I drafted Kitna, McNair, and Rivers to play a little QBBC. I had to drop McNair last week to pick up Morency, but Kitna is inspiring more and more confidence, though i wish he'd had a few less turnovers last week. He's not a stud, but he'll put up respectable fantasy numbers, and the number of quality players that I was able to draft while delaying my QB selection is paying dividends. My league is a little QB heavy in that we have 6pt TDs and points for completion percentage, but even still, unless I'm picking up my starter in the 2nd round, i may as well wait until the 8th. I picked up Kitna for his upside, expecting McNair to get most of my starts, but after just a few weeks, i'm confident enough to let my season ride on Kitna but hope that Rivers gets to stop playing MartyBall before fantasy playoffs role around. :D

I drafted Kitna to backup Hasselbeck, pretty happy with the combo really, they both have some nice matchups as the season goes on.

I was offered Brunell for Kitna this week, and was tempted with Brunell facing the Giants this week while Hasselbeck is on his bye, but I decided to keep Kitna, I think he's got more season long potential than Brunell.

I am not a big Kitna fan.. but the Lions Defense is HORRIBLE and they will have to try and outscore the other team every week. He does have some good matchups going forward, not all of them.

Martz really is a genius for getting that offense going. If he leaves before they can rebuild the defense the Lions are SUNK.