[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jerious Norwood, when does he take over and will he be a stud?

9ersdude

Dunn discussion with some Norwood sprinkled in

a snipet from that thread:

He can certainly chime in with his own answer, but being of the same mind-set, I would say it's more a gut feeling than statistical data to date. Norwood appears to have the talent to be an excellent back and my gut tells me a player with his ability will be on the field more and more as the season progresses.

MY POV:

fwiw I agree that norwood is the future in ATL but I dont know how much more he is gonna cut into Dunns stats then duckett did...

duckett last yr had 121 carries in 14 games which was the equivalent of 8.6carries/game

norwood so far has a 6.5carry/game avg. and if you look at that even closer you will see that 19 of his 26 carries came in 2 blow outs during mop up time...but in a game that ATL was getting blown out in he saw all of 1 carry and then in what was an easy win in zona he saw 6 carries(3 in their next to last series(the last series was QB kneel downs) when they were up 32-10, 2 of his other carries came when they were up 29-10) and his 78yard touchdown run was on the falcons 1st poss. of the 4th quarter(atl was up 22-10 at that point)

so what I see is a team giving a rook carries to get him acclimated when there isnt anything on the line. Do I think his carries will mainly be garbage time carries this yr? NO i dont. Do I think he is gonna dramatically eat into Dunns carries this yr? NO I don't

oh and fwiw, the fact that duckett is gone and atl doesnt have what you would call a GL back now could help Dunn(but I would expect vick to still steal some of those TDs)

i do understand the view that some have I just wanted to expand upon why I dont think norwood is gonna be the "thief" that some think he will be

and fwiw I do think the kid is a terrific talent and gonna be a major asset for ATL in the future

and fwiw I do think the kid is a terrific talent and gonna be a major asset for ATL in the future

Great research, kegz;

I'd look for him to be given the chance to supplant Dunn NEXT year. This year, if he gets up near Duckett's ~9 carries/game, I'd say that's his ceiling with a healthy Dunn.

But overall, I'd say kegz last statement nails it - great RB, solidly behind Dunn, back of the future.

Dunn discussion with some Norwood sprinkled in

a snipet from that thread:

MY POV:

fwiw I agree that norwood is the future in ATL but I dont know how much more he is gonna cut into Dunns stats then duckett did...

duckett last yr had 121 carries in 14 games which was the equivalent of 8.6carries/game

norwood so far has a 6.5carry/game avg. and if you look at that even closer you will see that 19 of his 26 carries came in 2 blow outs during mop up time...but in a game that ATL was getting blown out in he saw all of 1 carry and then in what was an easy win in zona he saw 6 carries(3 in their next to last series(the last series was QB kneel downs) when they were up 32-10, 2 of his other carries came when they were up 29-10) and his 78yard touchdown run was on the falcons 1st poss. of the 4th quarter(atl was up 22-10 at that point)

so what I see is a team giving a rook carries to get him acclimated when there isnt anything on the line. Do I think his carries will mainly be garbage time carries this yr? NO i dont. Do I think he is gonna dramatically eat into Dunns carries this yr? NO I don't

oh and fwiw, the fact that duckett is gone and atl doesnt have what you would call a GL back now could help Dunn(but I would expect vick to still steal some of those TDs)

i do understand the view that some have I just wanted to expand upon why I dont think norwood is gonna be the "thief" that some think he will be

Completely agree, 100%. Norwood will not be the primary back this year nor, most likely, next year unless Dunn gets hurt.